mbiyemo

Moving during USCIS Processing

3 posts in this topic

Hello All,

I have two questions regarding moving during the Initial Review stage at the VSC. I am a USC petitioning for my husband. I work for an NGO and was previously posted in the Central African Republic (CAR). We completed the I-130 paperwork while I was living in CAR and I mailed it to the Chicago Lockbox on a visit to the states in January. However, since that time, I have transferred to Haiti while my husband remains in CAR awaiting the immigration process. Because I work abroad, all of my mail gets forwarded to my company's HQ which is located in the US and HQ then pouches mail to our local offices in Haiti. This means that while my physical address has changed, my mailing address has not. Given this situation:

1. Is it necessary to contact USCIS and do a change of address even though the mailing address listed on the I-130 form has not changed?

2. What impact, if any, will the fact that I am not currently in the USA nor in my husband's country have on our immigration process?

Thank you for all comments, feedback, tips and suggestions.

Best.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

did you list a USA address on the I-130 ? what address did USCIS use in sending the I-797-C receipt notice back to you ?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

did you list a USA address on the I-130 ? what address did USCIS use in sending the I-797-C receipt notice back to you ?

I received the I-797-C through the mailing address that was listed on the application. I was just wondering if in the spirit of transparency, I should notify them of relocation even though it will not effect my mailing address.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.