yunmary

interview in casa soon

24 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Spanish is very common in northern Morocco where my husband is from. They are not that far from Spain there and many Moroccans who live in Spain are from that region. My husband speaks a decent amount of Spanish just from being around friends who speak it. I don't see why the consulate would find it surprising that a Moroccan would speak Spanish, or why they shouldn't have a translator available who did.

I would have to agree. I'm fluent in Arabic, French and Spanish and often conduct business in Spanish when in Morocco. I've used it with women in the hammam, in government offices and on the road. It should be assumed that there will be Moroccans who speak Spanish, sometimes even better than Arabic or French.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I speak spanish well with my fiancèe, I hope that it use in the interview because I like to express I without needing translator,

I like the language spanish , but I believe that I am going to use arabic or frensh. this good I need its orations

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

¿Qué idioma hablas mejor? Si es español, debes solicitar a un traductor español en el avance.

Which language do you speak best? If it is Spanish, you should request a Spanish translator in advance.

Edited by szsz

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Perdón, no quieres a un traductor. Entonces, debes solicitar alguien que habla español para tu entrevista.

yo no tengo problema en que me ayude un traductor solo que me gusta expresar con la idioma que uso con mi novia .

en los sentimientos no hay mas bueno que uno expresa el mismo lo que siente .

tengo mucha fe en el Dios , esperoq ue todo salga bien .

ramadan karim

I do not have problem in which a single translator helps me whom I like to express with the language that use with my fiancèe. in the feelings he does not have but good that one expresses the same one what feels. I have much faith in the God, I hope that everything comes out well.

ramadan karim

My husband had his interview in Arabic.

Really? I don't know why but I just assumed it was in English. That's good to know though! ;) (even though my fiance speaks English well, he might get nervous or something!)

Ahmed is also concerned that his nervousness may affect his English, although he has improved markedly in the last six or seven months. He will conduct his interview in French, so he can be certain to get his point across and use correct grammar. Although everything in our evidence packet is in English.

My 2cents is that you should speak whatever language you communicate w/ your fiancee in.

I think that's right as long as that language is Arabic, English, or French. If it is another langauge, such as Spanish (or Italian like us), I think it would be safer to conduct the interview in Arabic than to involve a translator. Wasn't it Zizi&Zuki that said that she thinks their delay was due to some misunderstanding in the translation?

ETA: I went to double check on the specifics of Zizi&Zuki's interview and it seems the translator was translating from Arabic to English for that one female CO. Does she not speak arabic?

Well if she doesn't speak any Arabic then why can't I have her job? :lol:

LMFAO! Amen to that!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.