wolvendove

Can this be real?!

30 posts in this topic

Glad you're on track with all the DCF info :thumbs::dance:

Oh I just gotta say.....being a pirates wench and all.......I love parrots and so want to get one once I am over there and all settled. I actually would love a macaw but think they may be a wee bit expensive.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I thought of you the other night Lorelle....we were at my friends house and drinking wine out of these wine glasses that look like goblets. I felt like a wench...and so, being a bit drunk...I started imitating one....yelling "Let us feast...."

It sounds dumb BUT at the time when we were drunk it was hilarious and it made me think of you :)

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

I thought of you the other night Lorelle....we were at my friends house and drinking wine out of these wine glasses that look like goblets. I felt like a wench...and so, being a bit drunk...I started imitating one....yelling "Let us feast...."

It sounds dumb BUT at the time when we were drunk it was hilarious and it made me think of you :)

hahahaha thats cool :thumbs: I love to play the role of a wench :devil: Just glad I have me a pirate now :luv:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

hahahaha thats cool :thumbs: I love to play the role of a wench :devil: Just glad I have me a pirate now :luv:

Now just to get you a macaw when you arrive! :D What kind of macaw are you thinking of? And where are you eventually landing? I have a friend who just got a Blue and Gold. He's had a mini yellow collar for a few years now. They're pretty amazing as far as personality goes. Loud, though. Ready for a jungle beast who can make your ears ring? (And I don't mean your husband.) hehe

Edited by wolvendove

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

2/7/06 I-130 rcvd by NSC, according to FedEx

2/23/06 Discovered DCF option

2/25/06 Sent rqst for Packet to Sydney consulate

2/27/06 I-797C rcvd = rejected due to insufficient funds

2/27/06 Syd Cons. responded

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/6/06 Police check filed

3/9/06 X-Ray completed/Physical completed/ Vaccination & bloodwork started

3/12/06 US 2005 taxes done: Refund pays for the plane ticket!!

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/20/06 Medical update = No Vaccines Needed

3/22/06 Police Report Received

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

3/30/06 I-130 & I-864 Approved!

4/11/06 Visa Interview Scheduled

Now just to get you a macaw when you arrive! :D What kind of macaw are you thinking of? And where are you eventually landing? I have a friend who just got a Blue and Gold. He's had a mini yellow collar for a few years now. They're pretty amazing as far as personality goes. Loud, though. Ready for a jungle beast who can make your ears ring? (And I don't mean your husband.) hehe

:lol: with the hubby reference. Havent decided which one I like more yet (not meaning between my hubby and macaw hahahaha cause hubby would win hands down :P ) Will think about it more once I get there. We have talked about it. Will be a couple of hours up the coast from Miami. Have our eye on a little town on the coast. Im a small town, open space, gotta have water type of gal....so is hubby.

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

:lol: with the hubby reference. Havent decided which one I like more yet (not meaning between my hubby and macaw hahahaha cause hubby would win hands down :P ) Will think about it more once I get there. We have talked about it. Will be a couple of hours up the coast from Miami. Have our eye on a little town on the coast. Im a small town, open space, gotta have water type of gal....so is hubby.

Sounds lovely! Unfortunately I have little experience or knowledge of east coast breeders. My girls are both from the pacific northwest. Someday, when you're ready to think about breeds, I'll be more than happy to geek out about them! If I can be half as helpful about buying a parrot as you have been with getting my husband to the States it will be an honor for me!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

Sounds lovely! Unfortunately I have little experience or knowledge of east coast breeders. My girls are both from the pacific northwest. Someday, when you're ready to think about breeds, I'll be more than happy to geek out about them! If I can be half as helpful about buying a parrot as you have been with getting my husband to the States it will be an honor for me!

:lol::lol: just for a moment I had to do a double take on the first couple of lines till I remembered we were talkin' parrots :blush: Need sleep

And you are welcome on the pointing you in the DCF direction and thank you for your offer of help in the future on the parrot.......might just take you up on that when the time comes :)

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

:lol::lol: just for a moment I had to do a double take on the first couple of lines till I remembered we were talkin' parrots :blush: Need sleep

And you are welcome on the pointing you in the DCF direction and thank you for your offer of help in the future on the parrot.......might just take you up on that when the time comes :)

Well, when you get there, sleep well. :) And I look forward to being able to help you someday! :)

Edited by wolvendove

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

"Will be a couple of hours up the coast from Miami. Have our eye on a little town on the coast. Im a small town, open space, gotta have water type of gal....so is hubby."

What town, Lorelle? We bought a condo in WPB and up until 2004 I lived in Hallandale Beach. Worked for Petsmart for 10 years and saw plenty of macaws and some parrots, they are lovely but pretty vocal. :yes:

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

What town, Lorelle? We bought a condo in WPB and up until 2004 I lived in Hallandale Beach. Worked for Petsmart for 10 years and saw plenty of macaws and some parrots, they are lovely but pretty vocal. :yes:

Oh WOW if WPB is what I think it means lol we won't be neigbours we will be in each others laps :D Thats for now as the lil town we both really like is St. Sebastian. Yah I know they noisy things....we could probably handle it but could the neighbours.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Oh WOW if WPB is what I think it means lol we won't be neigbours we will be in each others laps :D Thats for now as the lil town we both really like is St. Sebastian. Yah I know they noisy things....we could probably handle it but could the neighbours.

I haven't been to Sebastian but that area of Indian River County is gorgeous. West Palm Beach is where we are headed hopefully in August of this year (all possible body parts crossed) Small world, huh? Me from South Florida now in New Zealand and you in Australia soon to be in south Florida. Go figure. :lol:

8-12-2004 I moved to New Zealand(married my Kiwi in US 5/04)

1-12-2006 Received initial packet - It has I-130, I-864 & DS-230 Part 1, DS-2001 & tons of instructions.

Gathering paperwork that we don't have:

5-30-2006 - I-130 FILED AND ACCEPTED BY AUCKLAND CONSULATE!- INTERVIEW: 6/13/2006

6-13-2006 - APPROVED!usaCa.gifnew_zeaC3.gif

6-14-2006 - VISA IN HAND D_SMIL112.gif

08-05-2006 -WE ARE HOME IN THE USA!!! flag12.gif

THREE HAPPY YEARS LATER:

5-10-09 - N-400 filed

8-24-09 - Interview

9-14-09 - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

Can I just ask if you actually live in Australia?

I am not sure, but I don;t think you can DCF if both of you don't live in the country from where you would like to apply.

Sorry if I didn't read right, but as I understand you are living in the US and your partner in Oz?

Hope I got it wrong! :innocent::huh:

US.gifVenezuela.gifUK.gif

dogdogcbu20090513_-30_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Australia is special like that. Only one of you needs to live in Australia. :) The USC can go out to Australia and petition their husband out without living in the country. Not many countries have this advantage!!

February 13, 2006:VISA APPROVED!!!!

November 18, 2006: Mia Grace is born

May 30, 2008: 10 year Greencard approved

it's because Australia rocks :)

Totally!

2/6/06 I-130 mailed

3/2/06 Packet 3 Received

3/14/06 DS-230 mailed

3/16/06 I-864 notarized

3/26/06 Flight to Sydney

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.