kenjhub

Time vor medical/interview - Manila

13 posts in this topic

It depends..........allow a couple weeks for the embassy to receive your medical as a rule of thumb.

Really, your visa will only last as long as your medical, but you can take the second medical and your visa will last as long as 6 months then, which is the maximum time for a IR1 visa. I'm not too sure if it's the same for a K-1 visa. I'd assume so but you know what they say about assuming........

Bob

Edited by calibob
  • Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your question does not sound silly. There is no hard rule on this. For many of those traveling to Manila from the provinces, they try to get medical and interview wrapped up in the same week or within a few days of each other. There's a risk of scheduling the interview so close if there happens to be an issue with the medical results -- but then, an issue with the medical could impact the interview date regardless of how many days apart you schedule them.

Bottom line -- schedule interview and medical based on what is convenient for you and your fiancee.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Your question does not sound silly. There is no hard rule on this. For many of those traveling to Manila from the provinces, they try to get medical and interview wrapped up in the same week or within a few days of each other. There's a risk of scheduling the interview so close if there happens to be an issue with the medical results -- but then, an issue with the medical could impact the interview date regardless of how many days apart you schedule them.

Bottom line -- schedule interview and medical based on what is convenient for you and your fiancee.

Okay now I have a dumb question as I am new to this doing it on my own. Does the Embassy scheudle the medical and then we schedule our interview based on medical timeline. Last time I tried this I had an Attorney so I am a novice doing it on my own.. My sweety's passport is schedule by 3rd week of April so we can get this party started :) Thanks for answering

Timeline

Okay now I have a dumb question as I am new to this doing it on my own. Does the Embassy scheudle the medical and then we schedule our interview based on medical timeline. Last time I tried this I had an Attorney so I am a novice doing it on my own.. My sweety's passport is schedule by 3rd week of April so we can get this party started :) Thanks for answering

No, your question is not a dumb at all. No, the USEM does not schedule the medical exam on behalf of the beneficiary, that is left entirely up to you and your fiancee. You get to schedule both medical and interview -- based on what is convenient for you, taking into consideration what days are available for the interview to be scheduled on.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question that may sound silly, but how long should be allowed from the medical in Manila to the time of the interview at the embassy?

Thanks!!

My Fiancee did her medical 9 days before the interview and the medical report was there for her interview. I have read of others where their medical was closer to the interview date and St. Lukes had them hand carry the medical records to the embassy.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

My Fiancee did her medical 9 days before the interview and the medical report was there for her interview. I have read of others where their medical was closer to the interview date and St. Lukes had them hand carry the medical records to the embassy.

This is true, There have been VJ members that had interviews the next day after the medical.

Yes , sometimes they do let you hand carry it depending upon the moods of the powers that be. May be flirting with getting a 221 slip for not having the medical records if say, St. Luke's is slow in processing with 4 days out from the interview. Why leave it to chance? Sooner the better, especially if you have to be slowed by the sputum culture, you'll be waiting till right before your interview just to find out you have 2 more months. Caveat Emptor of free advice.

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

This is true, There have been VJ members that had interviews the next day after the medical.

Thanks everyone. What is the normal wait for interview once I set her time for medical? I guess I am trying to say what is the lead time wait if for example I wanted her interview October 1st as her medical is September 20th. Do I schedule it all September 1st or is the wait time longer? I heard in Manila interviews are sometimes 4-6 weeks in waiting once you schedule.

BTW internationla communication glitch between my fiancee and me... I should have paid the extra 500p to expedite her passport..:( I thought she said it was only 2 week different from normal delivery. it is a month :( ET now for filing is end of April instead of the 1st. Oh well Uncle Sam will get paid first on the 15th... Ouch! Thanks again!

Edited by LSnBigBear

Timeline

Yes , sometimes they do let you hand carry it depending upon the moods of the powers that be. May be flirting with getting a 221 slip for not having the medical records if say, St. Luke's is slow in processing with 4 days out from the interview. Why leave it to chance? Sooner the better, especially if you have to be slowed by the sputum culture, you'll be waiting till right before your interview just to find out you have 2 more months. Caveat Emptor of free advice.

Bob

I agree with you totally. Even with Amy doing hers 9 days out made me nervous, but she would not stop working to get it done... middle of a project at work... jeez... she is quitting (has quit - finally).

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks everyone. What is the normal wait for interview once I set her time for medical? I guess I am trying to say what is the lead time wait if for example I wanted her interview October 1st as her medical is September 20th. Do I schedule it all September 1st or is the wait time longer? I heard in Manila interviews are sometimes 4-6 weeks in waiting once you schedule.

BTW internationla communication glitch between my fiancee and me... I should have paid the extra 500p to expedite her passport..:( I thought she said it was only 2 week different from normal delivery. it is a month :( ET now for filing is end of April instead of the 1st. Oh well Uncle Sam will get paid first on the 15th... Ouch! Thanks again!

Once you get your MNL# you head to BPI and pay the visa fee, then schedule the interview date, you have many choicesof dates when you do it online. After that get the medical done.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

See Hank's reply to your question. However, I will add this, the dance between the medical and the interview is balanced by what the needs are of the beneficiary/petitioner. Some Pinays fly to Manila from the far flung provinces -- they try to get interview and medical done in the same week, so as to lessen any financial burden two trips might place on the petitioner. If finances are not a concern -- then that method would not apply to you.

In your case, if you want your fiance to interview on 10/01, then select that date when you log into the interview schedule portal, well in advance of 10/01. After which, have your fiancee register online for the medical -- then proceed to St. Luke's on 09/20.

Edited by Leatherneck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.