3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey Guys!! Anyone have some good tips or encouraging words while I impatiently wait for the approval of the I129F? I know I need to be patient but I can't help but check the status every single day, even though I know nothing will be posted. uuuuuugh :( Just want him here soon! It's nice to have a place where people can relate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I remember the feeling... not fun I know :unsure:

If you filed in December, its just 2 more months and you can start doing something about the process.

At 6 months you can ask USCIS to do a "service request." You can also contact your local congressman and ask them for help. They were a HUGE help to me and my fiance. They told me we were approved before the USCIS did!!

Hang in there! :thumbs:

Daniel & Laura

NOA1 Received: 10-15-10

Contacted Congressmen: 3-15-10

Contacted Congressmen again and got approval: 4-13-10

Contacted VSC (2nd tier) to confirm approval: 4-14-10

NOA2 Received: 4-15-10 (182 days from NOA1)

Arrived at NVC, new case # assigned: 4-19-11

Left NVC: 4-20-11

Arrives at BOG consulate: 4-27-11

Package 3 forms sent: 4-27-11

Interview: 6-16-11 APPROVED!!!!!

Picked up visa/passport at DOMESA: 6-22-11

Daniel comes to the USA: 7-5-11

OUR WEDDING DAY!!! 7-22-11

Mailed AOS documents: 8-29-11

AOS received in Chicago: 8-30-11

NOA1 received: 9-2-11

I797c appointment notice received: 9-12-11

Biometrics appointment: 9-26-11

Transfered to CSC 10-5-11

I-765 approved 11-5-11

Received EAD 11-17-11

Called USCIS to get update...CSC working June cases 1/12

Called USCIS for "service request" 2/12

Called USCIS for results...CSC working December cases 3-13-12

Contacted Congressman 3-22-12

AOS APPROVED!! 3-23-12

GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! 3-27-12

event.png

Hey Guys!! Anyone have some good tips or encouraging words while I impatiently wait for the approval of the I129F? I know I need to be patient but I can't help but check the status every single day, even though I know nothing will be posted. uuuuuugh :( Just want him here soon! It's nice to have a place where people can relate.

You can sign up for a login at USCIS. Then set up text alerts. Then you don't have to obsess checking status. Your phone will beep if anything changes like an RFE or an approval. Or put yourself on a status check diet where you will only check online on April 1, May 1, June 1, July 1, etc. Otherwise you are just setting yourself up for disappointment.

And you can start following this thread so you know all about what happens next and can prepare in advance. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

I think you might have posted in the wrong forum if you're doing a fiance visa.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.