Afrikan Queen

Problems with receiving transcripts

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My husband is having the most difficult time getting his transcripts from Nigeria. He had no problems with receiving his transcripts from the college, only at the university. We are almost certain they want money because he is in the US now. Does anyone have any suggestions or answers? It's becoming so irritating, this has been going on for at least 4 months. What can we do? Thanks.

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It depends on the University he attended in Nigeria, If i may ask, which University in Nigeria did he graduated from? If he had graduated from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), I will advice him on what he needs to do to get his transcripts sent to him within two weeks according to their websites in obtaining Transcript. I dont know the mode of operation of other Universities in Nigeria in requesting for Universities transcripts. He can ask any of his or her relation to assist him handle that situation since he is presently here in the US. For more information,School Transcripts are sent directly from the School to the Non profit Organisation specializing in Foreign Credential Evaluation in the US e.g WES - World Education Service and many others. Schools in the US do not evaluate foreign transcripts credential. So it depends on the choice of Universities and colleges he wants go in the US. They will be in better position to advice him on what he needs to do to get his credential evaluated and send to them via Non profit Organization of their choice. I am advicing him to ask his school in Nigeria to send a student copy to him directly to his address in the US and another official school transcripts to the Non profit Organization the school in the US will direct him for verification and evaluation of his transcript.

If you wish to know other things do not hesitate to contact me. Remain Blessed.

My husband is having the most difficult time getting his transcripts from Nigeria. He had no problems with receiving his transcripts from the college, only at the university. We are almost certain they want money because he is in the US now. Does anyone have any suggestions or answers? It's becoming so irritating, this has been going on for at least 4 months. What can we do? Thanks.

My Universities here in the US want money every time I order a transcript. They are not free for me. So I am sure they want money. Why not just pay them unless it is an outragous amount?

Dave

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It depends on the University he attended in Nigeria, If i may ask, which University in Nigeria did he graduated from? If he had graduated from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (UNN), I will advice him on what he needs to do to get his transcripts sent to him within two weeks according to their websites in obtaining Transcript. I dont know the mode of operation of other Universities in Nigeria in requesting for Universities transcripts. He can ask any of his or her relation to assist him handle that situation since he is presently here in the US. For more information,School Transcripts are sent directly from the School to the Non profit Organisation specializing in Foreign Credential Evaluation in the US e.g WES - World Education Service and many others. Schools in the US do not evaluate foreign transcripts credential. So it depends on the choice of Universities and colleges he wants go in the US. They will be in better position to advice him on what he needs to do to get his credential evaluated and send to them via Non profit Organization of their choice. I am advicing him to ask his school in Nigeria to send a student copy to him directly to his address in the US and another official school transcripts to the Non profit Organization the school in the US will direct him for verification and evaluation of his transcript.

i don't think they will send an official transcript to the individual directly. and places like WES wants the official transcript. dealing with Nigerian schools will be stressful.. with numerous visits needed and yes, probably the "extra" money. i had my fiancee go get hers as part of her preparation in leaving Nigeria.. and God bless her for the headache she had to deal with to get something that should be hers.. and then we had the official transcript sent somewhere (lets just say undercover)..lol.. its tough chasing something in Nigeria when you are not there.. gdluck though

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My Universities here in the US want money every time I order a transcript. They are not free for me. So I am sure they want money. Why not just pay them unless it is an outragous amount?

Dave

Apparently, you are unaware of the "tipping" that occurs daily in Nigeria. I don't believe the fact that they want a transcript fee is what is bothering her. It is the fact that in Lagos, you pay the required fee, and then they will expect you to pay them a personal tip in addition. If you are from/residing in the U.S., they expect that tip to be quite large, based on the assumption that all Americans are rich...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

He attended the Univerisity of Benin. Apparently they want a 'tip' as the OP mentioned. A family member who is now attending that school has been tirelessly helping him with it but to no avail. They keep coming up with excuses and telling us they may mail it off sometime this (or that) week and then come up with another excuse for not sending it. We keep going in circles it seems. He had the same issue with his passport till finally he waited awhile (like a month) before making inquiry about it and that seemed to work. Maybe if we don't look so desperate, give it a break so-to-speak, it may work again. We are using an agency that will evaluate his transcripts so no problems their just that we're still waiting on the University. Thanks for the info.

Apparently, you are unaware of the "tipping" that occurs daily in Nigeria. I don't believe the fact that they want a transcript fee is what is bothering her. It is the fact that in Lagos, you pay the required fee, and then they will expect you to pay them a personal tip in addition. If you are from/residing in the U.S., they expect that tip to be quite large, based on the assumption that all Americans are rich...

good.gifgood.gifgood.gif

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

When I met my husband I asked him to request his transcripts. This was a year ago. He' went twice and was told others before him still had not received theirs. This post reminded me to ask again and he informed me that he'd actually checked into it again two weeks ago. He doesn't want to offer dashing them unless he has the money at hand. I'm not sure how much I want to offer especially since I feel the US equivalency won't be much.

Oh no I am quite aware of the tipping to occurs in the former soviet union as well. As I said unless it is an outragous amount I would pay it as this is something I need and a trip to deal witth it in person would be a lot more than the tip would be my guess--I guess it depends on the OPs definition of what constitutes too much money. Maybe the OP could find someone to pay to help with this situation. A family member still there or a family friend. Either way the extra money will most likely have to be paid it is just how much.

Good luck.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,

So i'm not very familiar with how to use this, i just joined this forum immediately i read ur reply to the post. I'm 'contacting' you with regards your reply. I actually schooled at University of Nigeria, Nsukka and i am interested in knowing how to obtain my transcripts if you're willing to help. I graduated in 2010 November.

Also i'll like to find out if its possible to get the transcript sent to me rather than the school(i actually don't know how it works, just started the application process and found out that i need it).

Thank you so much much in advance.

Edited by somee

Timeline

Hi,

So i'm not very familiar with how to use this, i just joined this forum immediately i read ur reply to the post. I'm 'contacting' you with regards your reply. I actually schooled at University of Nigeria, Nsukka and i am interested in knowing how to obtain my transcripts if you're willing to help. I graduated in 2010 November.

Also i'll like to find out if its possible to get the transcript sent to me rather than the school(i actually don't know how it works, just started the application process and found out that i need it).

Thank you so much much in advance.

• 6 months later...
Timeline

Hello Afrikan Queen. I can tell you for a fact that there is a new service in Nigeria that caters to this problem. It is called ETX-NG which stands for Electronic Transcript Exchange and Degree Verification System in Nigeria. It enables you obtain your transcript from your school and have it delivered to any destination on the globe- all done without stepping a foot in your school. All you have to do is visit the company website (Google ETX-NG as I am unable to post a link here), register and then apply for your transcript. The good news is that you can obtain your transcript from any higher institution of education in Nigeria. It's all so easy and fast.

Timeline

Hello Afrikan Queen. I can tell you for a fact that there is a new service in Nigeria that caters to this problem. It is called ETX-NG which stands for Electronic Transcript Exchange and Degree Verification System in Nigeria. It enables you obtain your transcript from your school and have it delivered to any destination on the globe- all done without stepping a foot in your school. All you have to do is visit the company website (Google ETX-NG as I am unable to post a link here), register and then apply for your transcript. The good news is that you can obtain your transcript from any higher institution of education in Nigeria. It's all so easy and fast.

Filed: Timeline

$350?????????? Holy mackerel.

Seems an outrageous amount of money to pay IMHO.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.