AFQuaid

What should I say at the POE?

9 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

The worry bug strikes again 3 days before I fly out to the US.

I'm just worried if they ask me at the POE something like "And you intend to reside at (insert address written in forms here)..yes?" And I would have to say no because Andy moved during the "grey area". I'm very anxious that if I tell them the truth...and hand over his new address they will not accept that because it's not whats stated in the mysterious envelope and turn me right back round to the UK. Could they do that? Do they think they'd ask about the address even? The new address would be on my luggage tags so if I just agreed yes it's right about the old address they'd tell I am lying by looking at my luggage tags. I'm climbing the walls.

Andy of course tells me they probably won't even ask anything about it. But if they do, I want to tell the truth but I don't want to be turned back to the UK just because he moved house after my visa was delivered.

Arg *pulls hair out*.

I can't wait for a big hug after all this...

Fiona

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

I wouldn't worry too much!

They didn't ask me anything like that at all at POE (LAX) and my bags had a hotel address on them as I was not staying with my fiance before we got married - no issues at all.

I think you'll be fine. I don't think they care so much where you're going to live as the fcat that you have to marry within 90 days.

have a safe journey and a wonderful reunion!

Edited by perfect

OUR TIMELINE

K1 VISA & MARRIAGE - 8 MONTHS

17 February 2004 Sent I-129F petition CSC - It was APPROVED in 147 days

3 September 2004 INTERVIEW IN LONDON SUCCESSFUL VISA APPROVED! MARRIED OCTOBER 16, 2004

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS - 5 MONTHS

4 January 2005 - Submitted applications for AOS and EAD - 12 May 2005 Conditional Permanent Residency Approved - interview in Santa Ana

4 June 2005 CPR 2-year Green Card arrives in mail

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS - 3½ MONTHS

8 May 2007 - I-751 sent to CSC - 23 August 2007 - Approved - Card production ordered

30 August 2007 - 10 year Green Card received

K2 TIMELINE (Stayed behind in UK to finish school)

28 March 2005 - embassy interview & medical London - visa granted

01/18/06 Applications for AOS/EAD sent - 03/28/06 EAD approved

4/3/06 - RFE for AOS - requested new medical and vacc supplement

4/26/06 - approved without interview and welcome letter sent

05/02/2006 - Greencard arrives in mail

03/14/08 - Petition to Remove Conditions mailed to CSC delivered - 7/2/08 APPROVED

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE (for myself and son) 5 MONTHS

April 18, 2011 - N-400 Applications Mailed to AZ lockbox

April 21 (received April 25) NOAs

May 12 - FP Letters mailed

May 16 - Received FP appointment letters for June 8 at 11am

August 1 - Interview - approved for Oath Ceremony - OATH CEREMONY 28 SEPTEMBER

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Fiona,

Don't worry! Andy is probably right that they won't even ask you. But if they do, you can simply explain that your fiance moved since the filing of the I-129F. People move all the time. They'll understand. :yes;

Have a safe trip! :D

Fiona, i didnt get asked anything either....you deserve a big hug after all this...hope you have a safe journey and a great reunion

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

I wouldn't worry if you do get asked anything anyway. Just always tell the truth. I got asked 2 questions -- what is his DOB (I got it completely wrong), and what year did you meet (I got that wrong too). The reason I got them wrong was because I was completely sozzled after quaffing champagne on the journey. :whistle: I told them I was a little knackered (obviously trolleyed) and they waved me through to secondary. Good luck :thumbs:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

When I was at POE I told them about a change of address and they just updated the computer. It was no biggie!

;)

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi Fiona

I wasn't asked any questions at all.

The immigration officer just advised me that if John turned out to be a bad guy, I didn't have to marry him and should just make sure I left the States before 90 days were up! :lol:

Have a great trip and a wonderful reunion - very excited for you!

Alison (F)

April A friend told me that she thought my ideal man lived in Wyoming or Montana.

May 17 Did search on match.com. Found no-one in Wyoming. Only wrote to one person in Montana...his name was John. He replied two hours later.

Jun 26 Flew to Missoula to meet him & a weekend trip turned into a five week visit...

Many trips between US, Canada & Europe.

March 31 During a meeting in Vancouver, John proposed & I said YES!!!

Jun 2 Finally sent off our I-129F & a few days later we received NOA1. I am now officially an alien bride-to-be.

Aug 22 Email notification of NOA2.

Sep 12 Received letter to say application would be forwarded to US Embassy.

Nov 23 Returned packet 3 to Embassy

Nov 30 Medical

Jan 5 Got interview date

Feb 1 Interview. APPROVED!

Feb 2 Visa delivered.

Feb 7 Flight to Seattle.

Feb 8 Finally back home in Missoula, MT. I'm happy, John's happy & the cats are ecstatic - together again!

Apr 22 Wedding Day!

May 6 Sent AOS application

May 7 Honeymoon

May 23 NOA date for AOS, EAD & AP

Jun 12 Biometrics

Jun 15 RFE for AOS mailed

Jun 20 RFE received

Aug 16 RFE reply sent

Aug 31 AP approved!

Sep 5 EAD approved

Sep 8 AP received

Nov 13 Interview letter

Dec 14 Interview. Success!

Dec 26 Got green card!

Oct 08 I-751 to remove conditions sent to CSC

Oct 14 NOA

Nov 21 Biometrics

Jan 7 Approval notice

Jan 12 Received greencard

Thank you VERY much guys :)

I guess it was a last minute moment to freak out? Much more content now.

I'll let you know how it goes when sometime this week.

Hope everybody elses Journeys are going well

Fiona

Love hurts

When you live an ocean away

When you change your sleep schedule to catch a few more moments

When you really need to be held and you have to imagine whilst your partner describes it

When you constantly refresh the USCIS website to see if you're getting any closer

Love Loves

When it repays you with the love of your life

When God finally answered your biggest prayer

When you can live life again in the real world but still have that eternal connection

When you wake up for to the beginning of the rest of your life with the person you fought so hard for

When you love somebody that much

You'll do anything

Filed: Timeline

Fiona,

So what address do you plan to write on your I-94? Your I-485?

Change is a part of life. Supply current information each time you are required to provide information.

Yodrak

Hi Everyone,

The worry bug strikes again 3 days before I fly out to the US.

I'm just worried if they ask me at the POE something like "And you intend to reside at (insert address written in forms here)..yes?" And I would have to say no because Andy moved during the "grey area". I'm very anxious that if I tell them the truth...and hand over his new address they will not accept that because it's not whats stated in the mysterious envelope and turn me right back round to the UK. Could they do that? Do they think they'd ask about the address even? The new address would be on my luggage tags so if I just agreed yes it's right about the old address they'd tell I am lying by looking at my luggage tags. I'm climbing the walls.

Andy of course tells me they probably won't even ask anything about it. But if they do, I want to tell the truth but I don't want to be turned back to the UK just because he moved house after my visa was delivered.

Arg *pulls hair out*.

I can't wait for a big hug after all this...

Fiona

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.