freetv

Chinese D Visa

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Anyone ever try to get the D visa, or know someone who has? I know I still have another two years before I could even try (need 5 years of marriage), but am seriously considering it if it isn't too much of a pain.

Timeline

main_img.jpg D Visa (Crewman)

This visa is afforded to crewmen serving in good faith in any capacity required for normal operating and service on board a vessel.

This includes people employed by the owners or concessionaire and trainees.

The nature of the employee's duties, when those duties are performed and whether the employee has a permanent connection with the carrier and whether his/her employment is required for the vessel's operation are factors that are considered in determining whether an employee is entitled to D visa status.

There are two types of this visa category, individual D visas and crew list visa. There are also D-1 visas (which apply to crews on all types of carriers except U.S based fishing vessels) and D-2 visas for USA based fishing vessels temporarily visiting Guam.

The period for admission on this visa is 29 days.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

I think this is what you are looking for!

China D Visa (Residence Visa)

Ask Question point033.gif Required Documents

1. Certificate of your residence approval. The applicant may entrust his relatives in China to transact the certificate for your residence approval with the local authorizes (the administration for supervising the enter/leave the country);

2. Your valid and actual passport with blank visa pages and at least 6-month period of validity (counting from the day you submit the application);

3. Fill in the Visa Application Form, attached with 2-inch passport photo (black & white or colored are all accepted).

4. A Physical Examination Certificate.

Note: Please fill in the visa application form faithfully, completely and clearly, or possibly your visa application will be refused and accordingly make your oversea trip protracted.

point033.gif Transact Way

The applicant can handle the visa personally, or entrust other people, travel agency and visa handling agency to transact the visa he wants according to different consular jurisdiction of the embassies or consulate-general.

1. Make an appointment ahead of time is NOT needed.

2. Visa application by mail is not accepted, but the postal service back to you is provided.

3. The normal processing time for handle the visa generally is 4 working days. If you need urgent service, 30 US dollars will be added as the additional fee for 1 working day processing while 20 US dollars for 2 to 3 working days processing.

point033.gif Visa Expense, Validity and Duration of Stay

1. VISA, MasterCard, Money Order, Cashier's check, Company's Check and Cash are all accepted (based on the written stipulation), but you are suggested to pay for the visa expense by cash due to the actual experience.

2. Visa Fee: the visa fee is different according to your nationality and the number of entries. Generally speaking, the fee is higher if the number of entry is more. For US citizens, 140 US dollars per person/visa while 30 US dollars for citizens of other countries if you apply the visa in the Chinese Embassy in the USA.

3. The period of validity of D visa is 6 months for only once. The visa holder should enter China within six months and transact the correlated residential procedure at local public security bureau in the following 30 days after you enter China.

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Timeline

Yeah the D is like a cr-1 which gives you access to a chinese "green card". But the real problem is the Certificate of your residence approval. From my research it appears they only issue them to people in wuhan and beijing (weird I know). I don't know when we will move back to china, but I don't want to be bogged down with a stupid company or worse... an english school.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the residence permit is NOT the D-visa - bear that in mind when yer chasing down paperwork.

The easiest way to get the residence permit is to show up at PSB with yer wife. The first one issued is for 1 or 2 years, depending on the PSB fellas and how well you grease them. It is renewable... Usually, with a residence permit, you are not allowed to work for a chinese company making chinese wages payable to you in China (whew)...

It's a great thing to get when you've retired and are living with your wife in China, afterwards (IMO).

I was confused about the D-visa when you posted this, not hearing of anyone else chasing after this thing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

SO the only way I can live with my wife in China later is if I learn how to fish the briny deep? arghhhhhhhhh

:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

only way? heck no ! can also get a work visa, teach english at a uni.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.