pjandrachel

I-130 petition

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Below is a copy of our I-130 cover Letter!

Name and Address on petitioner

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

Vermont Service Center

75 Lower Welden,

St. Albans, VT 05479-0001 Nature of the submission: I-130 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION To Whom It May Concern: Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for CR-1 Alien Relative on behalf of my spouse ???????????, and supporting documents. Contents include: Payment in the amount of $420 - Form I-130: Petition for Alien Relative - G-325A for USC and one passport-type photo - Supplement for I-130 part B questions 11 & 12 and USC G325A regarding his previous marriages - G-325A for UKC and one passport-type photo - Copy of USC full Birth certificate - Copy of UKC full Birth certificate - Copies of divorce documents for USC previous marriages - A copy of our marriage certificate - Evidence of a bona-fide marriage -

- Evidence of the ceremony

- Affidavits of us as a bona-fide married couple

- Letters from banks where we hold joint accounts in the UK and USA

- A copy of USC life insurance policy listing UKC as a beneficiary

- Evidence of our genuine relationship before our marriage to support our bona-fide marriage and subsequent I-130 petition including a statement from us, evidence that shows other people are aware of our relationship, evidence of how we sustain our relationship when we are apart and evidence of our frequent visits to each other.

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date. Further proof of ongoing marriage from now will be provided if we get to the interview stage.

Name

Sign

Date

Does this look acceptable??????

Also for our evidence of a bonafide couple we have skype logs, social network messages, emails, cards etc to show how we maintain our relayionship when apart. We have written a statement about our relationship including a chronological order of visits etc (and this will be proved by our evidence). Boarding passes and pictures together, in different places, with other members of family etc - We were thinking of putting all this evidence in chronological order from when we first met to make it easier for it to relate to the statement! Does this sound ok?

We also have christmas cards etc for the both of us from family (we think this shows that other people see us as a couple! Along with affidavits from friends.

Should the cover letter state that the order of the photos and boarding passes are in a chronological order of the visits??????

Thankyou

SOMETIMES THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE IS BEING WITH THE ONE YOU LOVE

OUR STORY

February 2009 - Met online online on social networking site

August 2009 - Spent 2 weeks together in England in which time we got engaged !!!!!YEY!!!!!

October 2009 - Spent 2 weeks together in America

December 2009 - Spent 5 months together in England

May 2010 - We both went to America when we spent 2 weeks together

August 2010 - Spent 3 weeks together in America

December 2010 - Spent 5 months together in England

May 2011 - We both went to America together where we spent 2 weeks together

September 2011 - Spent 3 weeks together in America

December 2011 - Spent 5 months together again in England as with the previous years!

April 2012 - spent 2 weeks together in America, got married on May 8th in America!!!!!!!

I-130 Petition

Filed - July 23rd 2012

NOA1 - July 27th 2012

Timeline

It was all spaced properly but now looks like one solid block of writting :lol:

OUR STORY

August 2009 - Spent 2 weeks together in England in which time we got engaged !!!!!YEY!!!!!

December 2011 - Spent 5 months together again in England as with the previous years!

April 2012 - spent 2 weeks together in America, got married on May 8th in America!!!!!!!

I-130 Petition

Filed - July 23rd 2012

NOA1 - July 27th 2012

Yes that looks fine (assuming the spacing is not like in your example haha). I don't think I would bother listing the chronological order of the pics on the cover letter. Many people write a sentence on the back of the pictures, stating when and where it took place. Mine was a simple list (I copy/pasted this from an example I found here on VJ):

Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Immigration & Naturalization Service

Please find enclosed my I-130 Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of my wife (XXXXXX) In support of my petition please find enclosed:

Completed Form I-130:

Check enclosed for the amount of $420.00

Copy of naturalization certificate

Copy of the marriage certificate

Copy of birth certificate the petitioner

Copy of petitioner's divorce documents

One passport-type photos of me

one passport-type photos of my wife

G-325A completed and signed by me

G-325A completed and signed by my wife

Evidence of a Bona Fide Marriage (photographs, chat records, phone records, boarding passes, hotel reservations, wedding invitation, and various receipts from my trips)

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

I appreciate your review of this petition. I understand that when this petition is approved, you will contact the beneficiary of the petition, my wife. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of further assistance; my local address is above and my telephone number is XXX

Edited by Mark&Fatima

Timeline

Thankyou for the reply,,,,,, yes all the contents are on seperate lines but when it posted it just came out this way for some reason!

I was worried that if I listed the evidence in chronological order on the cover letter the cover letter would be too long. I have decided to state on the cover letter that the evidence is filed in chronological order so it is in some kind of order!

OUR STORY

I-130 Petition

Filed - July 23rd 2012

NOA1 - July 27th 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.