Gtsnapper

Received Police Report

12 posts in this topic

I got my subject access Police Report back today. Another step towards my interview :yes:

The report was just one letter, addressed to me, confirming that I dont have no criminal history. I was thinking it might list all my previous addresses they had searched for me under, but it doesnt.

I am just wondering from those of you that had your Police Report accepted at your interview, was it just a letter like I have received?

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Gtsnapper

Filed: Timeline
I got my subject access Police Report back today. Another step towards my interview :yes:

The report was just one letter, addressed to me, confirming that I dont have no criminal history. I was thinking it might list all my previous addresses they had searched for me under, but it doesnt.

I am just wondering from those of you that had your Police Report accepted at your interview, was it just a letter like I have received?

Thanks for reading!

yep! one page.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Trust me, I understand. When I got mine, after all the fuss people made about me needing one at all, I was like, :huh: "is that it?"

But it is :thumbs: so enjoy the fact you are one step closer to your goal

2005 August 27th Happily Married

Trust me, I understand. When I got mine, after all the fuss people made about me needing one at all, I was like, :huh: "is that it?"

But it is :thumbs: so enjoy the fact you are one step closer to your goal

Tell me about it! It sounds like a really serious thing, and then you find that it's one little page.

But as long as it does the job, right?

In truth lots of pages would be aREALLY bad thing :wacko: so be very grateful for one page and little for them to say :thumbs::lol::lol:

LifeacrossthePond

Removing Conditions (here we go again)

July 27th I-751 sent to Nebraska

July 30th USPS delivered

Aug 22nd check cashed

Aug 23rd I797C received - case been transferred to California

Aug 29th Biometrics Appt Letter arrived

Sept 12th Biometrics Appt Pittsburgh

Sept 24th email notice of Approval - card ordered !!!!!!

one page is all some people get I'm afraid, I bet if you wanted more they might oblige :lol: but rather one than many. although sometimes even that is not bad seeing as how the police records go back for years and I mean years. Hubby did some stupid things when he was 16/17 (don't all boys ;) ) and would you believe they are still on his record after 35 years :o

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yep, one sheet with a blue band at the top and bottom. When I made a photocopy (cos you get to keep the original, the embassy just took my copy) the words FRAUD appear on it. Frightened the life out of me, I kept thinking "how do they KNOW I have taken a copy???". Then I looked at the original more carefully and it is the background that has it on it as a security measure.... :lol:

Edited by mags

Hee, I think my old workplace must have had magic photocopiers. That's where I copied my police certificate, and the fraud thing never showed up. Maybe the toner was too light?

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I ran mine through the copy bit of the fax machine at work, as the photocopier had something wrong with it that I hadn't a hope in HELL of fixing or sorting out. So toner? Hell if I know.... ;)

The woman at the consulate didn't bat an eyelid at it...so it is obviously something they are used to.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.