SB-BD

FINANCIAL EVIDENCE

17 posts in this topic

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

Hey any one can help me plese , we have just received a checklist frm nvc, this is what it says -

Instruction For Petitioner:

We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant

visa. Please review the information listed under each applicant's name and provide any documents

which are indicated as missing or need additional information. You must submit the required

information. Failure to provide the requested information will delay your immigrant visa interview.

Instruction For Applicant:

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

NVC has completed the review of this case. However, our review of the

I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form

and supporting documents that you have submitted indicates that there is

still some missing documentation.

We are sending you the attached checklist, which indicates which

documents are still missing. You should obtain these documents and

forward them to the visa applicant so they may be presented at the final

interview. The applicant must present all required forms and documents,

including the missing items to the Consular officer at the visa interview.

Please pay specific attention to questions marked in the attached I-864,

I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A checklist.

Failure to present the missing items indicated and/or to make the

necessary corrections at the visa interview could result in a denial or delay

in obtaining a visa for the sponsored applicant.

If you need a new I-864 form, please visit the Department of State website

at the following address: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and read the

Affidavit of Support (I-864) instructions. From there you can fill out the

form online and print it to send to the visa applicant for the interview.

You will be notified when an interview has been set. Do not contact

post regarding your interview date until you have been notified.

Now I have some confusion so I would like to get some ans:

01. Shall i submitted all required documents at the time of my final Interview (though my Interview date is not

set yet) as per NVC instruction ????

02. Or I have to send it NVC again bcoz they mentioned in there letter that if I don’t send these documents

then it will be delay to set my interview date.

03. Shall I send the required documents to NVC as well as bring with me at the interview?

04. We have to submitted Again I864 and I864A form??? bcoz my souse recently got her Citizenship

Certificate and e send to NVC and now our case Preference Category is upgraded from F2A to CR1,

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i would op for three cant hurt but im really not the one to ask but i do have a question for you that i think you can answer which is do we have to pay a fee to the nvc and if so how much is it i am doing a k1 i129f fiance visa

Hey any one can help me plese , we have just received a checklist frm nvc, this is what it says -

Instruction For Petitioner:

We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant

visa. Please review the information listed under each applicant's name and provide any documents

which are indicated as missing or need additional information. You must submit the required

information. Failure to provide the requested information will delay your immigrant visa interview.

Instruction For Applicant:

______F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:______________________________________

NVC has completed the review of this case. However, our review of the

I-864, I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A (if applicable) Affidavit of Support form

and supporting documents that you have submitted indicates that there is

still some missing documentation.

We are sending you the attached checklist, which indicates which

documents are still missing. You should obtain these documents and

forward them to the visa applicant so they may be presented at the final

interview. The applicant must present all required forms and documents,

including the missing items to the Consular officer at the visa interview.

Please pay specific attention to questions marked in the attached I-864,

I-864EZ, I-864W or I-864A checklist.

Failure to present the missing items indicated and/or to make the

necessary corrections at the visa interview could result in a denial or delay

in obtaining a visa for the sponsored applicant.

If you need a new I-864 form, please visit the Department of State website

at the following address: www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov and read the

Affidavit of Support (I-864) instructions. From there you can fill out the

form online and print it to send to the visa applicant for the interview.

You will be notified when an interview has been set. Do not contact

post regarding your interview date until you have been notified.

Now I have some confusion so I would like to get some ans:

01. Shall i submitted all required documents at the time of my final Interview (though my Interview date is not

set yet) as per NVC instruction ????

02. Or I have to send it NVC again bcoz they mentioned in there letter that if I don’t send these documents

then it will be delay to set my interview date.

03. Shall I send the required documents to NVC as well as bring with me at the interview?

04. We have to submitted Again I864 and I864A form??? bcoz my souse recently got her Citizenship

Certificate and e send to NVC and now our case Preference Category is upgraded from F2A to CR1,

Seems like you are missing I-864 as your Financial evidence and NVC completed your application...In order answer to your questions you need to find out what part of financial evidence did you miss,1)Is it I-864(Could be Signature,Proverty Guide lines,Employment verification letter,Pay stubs,ETC),2) is it your Tax return,(if you are missing latest tax year returns)3) Is it your Co-sponsor's Docs.....Any docs that you missed or didnt do it right, you need to submitt those docs with applicant at the time of interview,Dont need to send any docs to NVC that might delay the process(Its Upto you)Cuz they gonna sent those to the local post anyways,It is Normal when NVC miss any docs that..They just dont wanna held up the process,The next email you gonna get is that nvc sent you docs to local Embassy..........Hope it Helps to you..Thanks

Seems like you are missing I-864 as your Financial evidence and NVC completed your application...In order answer to your questions you need to find out what part of financial evidence did you miss,1)Is it I-864(Could be Signature,Proverty Guide lines,Employment verification letter,Pay stubs,ETC),2) is it your Tax return,(if you are missing latest tax year returns)3) Is it your Co-sponsor's Docs.....Any docs that you missed or didnt do it right, you need to submitt those docs with applicant at the time of interview,Dont need to send any docs to NVC that might delay the process(Its Upto you)Cuz they gonna sent those to the local post anyways,It is Normal when NVC miss any docs that..They just dont wanna held up the process,The next email you gonna get is that nvc sent you docs to local Embassy.......... Status change nothing to do with your financial evidence... Hope it Helps to you..Thanks

Seems like you are missing I-864 as your Financial evidence and NVC completed your application...In order to answer to your questions you need to find out what part of financial evidence did you miss,1)Is it I-864(Could be Signature,Proverty Guide lines,Employment verification letter,Pay stubs,ETC),2) is it your Tax return,(if you are missing latest tax year returns),3) Is it your Co-sponsor's Docs.....Any docs that you missed or didnt do it right, you need to submitt those docs with applicant at the time of interview,Dont need to send any docs to NVC that might delay the process(Its Upto you)Cuz they gonna sent those to the local post anyways,It is Normal when NVC miss any docs like that..They just dont wanna held up the process,The next email you gonna get is that nvc sent you docs to local Embassy..........Hope it Helps to you..Thanks

Timeline

Seems like you are missing I-864 as your Financial evidence and NVC completed your application...In order answer to your questions you need to find out what part of financial evidence did you miss,1)Is it I-864(Could be Signature,Proverty Guide lines,Employment verification letter,Pay stubs,ETC),2) is it your Tax return,(if you are missing latest tax year returns)3) Is it your Co-sponsor's Docs.....Any docs that you missed or didnt do it right, you need to submitt those docs with applicant at the time of interview,Dont need to send any docs to NVC that might delay the process(Its Upto you)Cuz they gonna sent those to the local post anyways,It is Normal when NVC miss any docs that..They just dont wanna held up the process,The next email you gonna get is that nvc sent you docs to local Embassy..........Hope it Helps to you..Thanks

Dear E& T thanks for ur reply

Pls see abjectly what Check list I have got from NVC

Checklist for I-864A

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is required to

complete the financial evidence review. The checklist below indicates missing or incomplete

documents. In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes

noted below. Please provide all requested documents and refer to page two for mailing instructions.

Forms Missing or Incomplete

[x] If you have returned your original form to us, these are the items that are still incorrect or missing.

If you need another form, please visit http://Travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html to download a new

form and complete instructions.

Supporting Documents missing or incomplete

[ ] It appears that there is no proof of current employment (a recently dated job letter or pay stub), or

self-employment status (a recently dated letter on business letterhead or a business license).

[x] A written statement/explanation is required if you are/have been unemployed, retired or dependent

as to why tax returns were not filed.

[x] The listed income tax documents/IRS statements for the years marked below are missing/incomplete

(if you have lost any of the requested tax information, contact your local IRS office to obtain a copy)

(Only Federal returns (not state or local) are acceptable unless the sponsor's income was earned in Puerto

Rico.):

• Federal income tax returns, literal printouts from IRS (RTFTP) or a Letter 1722 issued by the IRS are

missing/incomplete for the year(s): [x] 2010 [ ] 2009 [ ] 2008 [ ] 2007.

• W-2 forms are missing/incomplete for the year(s): [ ] 2010 [ ] 2009 [ ] 2008 [ ] 2007.

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THIS LINE

[ ] Information provided for line 11: {BLANK_10}

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THE LINE ABOVE

[x] You have not enclosed an explanation of why you were not required to file income taxes under

Federal tax laws for any/all of the 3 most recent tax years. Residence outside of the U.S. or retirement

does not exempt a U.S. Citizen or LPR from filing a Federal tax return. Individuals

We have submitted all tax returned photocopy may be they have lost that but last time when we have got 1st check list for proof of relationship with household member that time we have send only documents but didn’t submitted new I864A form.

Maybe that’s why they are asking for new I864A form.

You asked me that our application is completed, so Is it mean that our application is approved from NVC????

Dear E& T thanks for ur reply

Pls see abjectly what Check list I have got from NVC

Checklist for I-864A

NVC has reviewed the financial evidence submitted. However, additional information is required to

complete the financial evidence review. The checklist below indicates missing or incomplete

documents. In order to make corrections you will need to download a new form at

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov. You will need to complete and submit a new form with the changes

noted below. Please provide all requested documents and refer to page two for mailing instructions.

Forms Missing or Incomplete

[x] If you have returned your original form to us, these are the items that are still incorrect or missing.

If you need another form, please visit http://Travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html to download a new

form and complete instructions.

Supporting Documents missing or incomplete

[ ] It appears that there is no proof of current employment (a recently dated job letter or pay stub), or

self-employment status (a recently dated letter on business letterhead or a business license).

[x] A written statement/explanation is required if you are/have been unemployed, retired or dependent

as to why tax returns were not filed.

[x] The listed income tax documents/IRS statements for the years marked below are missing/incomplete

(if you have lost any of the requested tax information, contact your local IRS office to obtain a copy)

(Only Federal returns (not state or local) are acceptable unless the sponsor's income was earned in Puerto

Rico.):

• Federal income tax returns, literal printouts from IRS (RTFTP) or a Letter 1722 issued by the IRS are

missing/incomplete for the year(s): [x] 2010 [ ] 2009 [ ] 2008 [ ] 2007.

• W-2 forms are missing/incomplete for the year(s): [ ] 2010 [ ] 2009 [ ] 2008 [ ] 2007.

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THIS LINE

[ ] Information provided for line 11: {BLANK_10}

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THE LINE ABOVE

[x] You have not enclosed an explanation of why you were not required to file income taxes under

Federal tax laws for any/all of the 3 most recent tax years. Residence outside of the U.S. or retirement

does not exempt a U.S. Citizen or LPR from filing a Federal tax return. Individuals

We have submitted all tax returned photocopy may be they have lost that but last time when we have got 1st check list for proof of relationship with household member that time we have send only documents but didn’t submitted new I864A form.

Maybe that’s why they are asking for new I864A form.

You asked me that our application is completed, so Is it mean that our application is approved from NVC????

Okay....You need to get the most recent tax return....This is 2012 so most recent tax year will be 2011...Take most recent tax return along with your W2's with applicant at time of interview...you should be good....Also make sure that your income is sufficient as per your Household members....otherwise you might need Co-Sponsor....Having most recent 3 yrs income tax return is better even though its no Mandatory..Hope that helps..Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Okay....You need to get the most recent tax return....This is 2012 so most recent tax year will be 2011...Take most recent tax return along with your W2's with applicant at time of interview...you should be good....Also make sure that your income is sufficient as per your Household members....otherwise you might need Co-Sponsor....Having most recent 3 yrs income tax return is better even though its no Mandatory..Hope that helps..Thanks

In addition to the 2011 tax returns, do not forget to include the 2010 (since they marked with an [x]that 2010 was missing.

I know you probably did it right and got all the answers, but as the request came in, please send the TAX Transcript for 2010 (this is a must as it's checked), 2011, and 2012. If Tax Transcript for 2012 is not available yet, only then send the copy of the tax return. If you have joint sponsoer, you will need to submit their papers as well. Keep in mind, the tax transcript is a free service provided by IRS and if you call them (1-800-908-9946) and after few questions/answers and establishing you are the person requesting for the docs, they will mail you the tax transcript. Also, as got the check for "You have not enclosed an explanation of why you were not required to file income taxes under Federal tax laws for any/all of the 3 most recent tax years", you need to clarify your position as well.

Timeline

I know you probably did it right and got all the answers, but as the request came in, please send the TAX Transcript for 2010 (this is a must as it's checked), 2011, and 2012. If Tax Transcript for 2012 is not available yet, only then send the copy of the tax return. If you have joint sponsoer, you will need to submit their papers as well. Keep in mind, the tax transcript is a free service provided by IRS and if you call them (1-800-908-9946) and after few questions/answers and establishing you are the person requesting for the docs, they will mail you the tax transcript. Also, as got the check for "You have not enclosed an explanation of why you were not required to file income taxes under Federal tax laws for any/all of the 3 most recent tax years", you need to clarify your position as well.

I know this is just an oversight on your part, but I will bring it up anyway so as not to confuse the OP.

2012 tax transcript will be available in 2013. Transcript are named after years that have ended. The most recent year tax transcript at this point in March is 2010 transcripts. The USCIS will not request for 2011 transcript until after April 17, 2012, because the tax season is still underway. Some people have reported, that if you have already done your 2011 tax return, that you MAY give a copy of your 1040/(A)or whatever tax return you did. "A copy", then make sure to include the 2011 transcript at the interview, if interview falls after April 17th, 2012.

Disclaimer - I am providing this information solely from reading others comments from various forums.

Thanks,

Timeline

I know this is just an oversight on your part, but I will bring it up anyway so as not to confuse the OP.

2012 tax transcript will be available in 2013. Transcript are named after years that have ended. The most recent year tax transcript at this point in March is 2010 transcripts. The USCIS will not request for 2011 transcript until after April 17, 2012, because the tax season is still underway. Some people have reported, that if you have already done your 2011 tax return, that you MAY give a copy of your 1040/(A)or whatever tax return you did. "A copy", then make sure to include the 2011 transcript at the interview, if interview falls after April 17th, 2012.

Disclaimer - I am providing this information solely from reading others comments from various forums.

Thanks,

Thanks for all of your's reply

Yesterday I have talk with NVC people and they confirmed me that they have completed our case and waiting for our Interview schedule once they have got schedule from US Dhaka embassy they will inform us accordingly, and asked me to bring all check list documents to US Dhaka embassy at the time of interview,

And also my spouse contacted with IRS office for our Co-sponsor’s Tax return transcript copy for the year of 2010 (we have submitted 2010, 2009 & 2008) and got a print copy from IRS office, also they (IRS people) inform that 2011-tax return is not completed yet and it will take another 6-8 business weeks that means almost another 3 months,

So Now I have some questions

01. Is it ok if I submitted 2010 Tax return transcript copy as it’s in the checklist??

02. If I submitted the Tax transcript copy as a proof that our co-sponsor were filled his tax retune, then is it necessary to written a statement/explanation why our co-sponsor were not filed tax returns???

03. I understood that we have to submit a new I864A form with the supporting documents at the time of Interview but should I submit a new I864 form also??? (Its not mentioned in the checklist) or I should follow only checklist ?????

Timeline

Thanks for all of yours reply

Yesterday I have talk with NVC people and they confirmed me that they have completed our case and waiting for our Interview schedule once they have got schedule from US Dhaka embassy they will inform us accordingly, and asked me that to submitted all check list documents to US Dhaka embassy at the time of interview,

And also my spouse contacted with IRS office for our Co-sponsor’s Tax return transcript copy for the year of 2010 (we have submitted 2010, 2009 & 2008) and got a print copy from IRS office, also they (IRS people) inform that till 2011-tax return is not completed yet and it will take another 6-8 business weeks that means almost 3 month,

01. Is it ok if I submitted 2010 Tax return transcript copy as it’s in the checklist??

02. If I submitted the Tax transcript copy as a proof that our co-sponsor were filled his tax retune, then is it necessary to a written statement/explanation why our co-sponsor were not filed tax returns???

03. I understood that we have to submit a new I864A form with the supporting documents at the time of Interview but should I submit a new I864 form also??? (Its not mentioned in the checklist) or I should I follow only checklist ?????

Timeline

Thanks for all of yours reply

Yesterday I have talk with NVC people and they confirmed me that they have completed our case and waiting for our Interview schedule once they have got schedule from US Dhaka embassy they will inform us accordingly, and asked me that to submitted all check list documents to US Dhaka embassy at the time of interview,

And also my spouse contacted with IRS office for our Co-sponsor’s Tax return transcript copy for the year of 2010 (we have submitted 2010, 2009 & 2008) and got a print copy from IRS office, also they (IRS people) inform that till 2011-tax return is not completed yet and it will take another 6-8 business weeks that means almost 3 month,

02. If I submitted the Tax transcript copy as a proof that our co-sponsor were filled his tax retune, then is it necessary to a written statement/explanation why our co-sponsor were not filed tax returns???

03. I understood that we have to submit a new I864A form with the supporting documents at the time of Interview but should I submit a new I864 form also??? (Its not mentioned in the checklist) or I should I follow only checklist ?????

1) You should include every thing that is marked [x] on the checklist, and that includes the 2010 transcripts.

2) If you did not file tax returns for 2010 or 2009, then you need to include explanation why you were not required.

3) If you have not filed 2011 tax return, include a W2 for 2011 and letter from your Human Resources (aka employer) verifying your employment and your income.

4) If you are using a co-sponsor (because your incomes are not enough) and your co-sponsor did not file one of 2010 or 2009 taxes, then I assume (I could be wrong) that an explanation is also needed why your co-sponsor was not required to file a return for said years.

5) It does not harm to include both the I-864 for you and I-864A for your co-sponsor, even if you already did so before.

6) Please download the INSTRUCTIONS for both I-864 and I-864A and read very carefully, coz I think your question about co-sponsors is already addressed.

Thanks,

Would disagree with this. When I applied for my wife's I-130 in 2011, I submitted my tax transcripts for 2010 to NVC. And i got them in May because I filed my tax early in February. When I called IRS for the transcripts and was goin over the agent she stated that I can get my transcript for 2010 as it is available. However prior that my understanding was similar to yours but the agent clarified that if you file early tor transcript for the previous year may become available early.

Would disagree with this. When I applied for my wife's I-130 in 2011, I submitted my tax transcripts for 2010 to NVC. And i got them in May because I filed my tax early in February. When I called IRS for the transcripts and was goin over the agent she stated that I can get my transcript for 2010 as it is available. However prior that my understanding was similar to yours but the agent clarified that if you file early tor transcript for the previous year may become available early.

My bad. You are right and I did not read the following paragraph. Apology from my end.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.