crea78

Interview Date Confirmed!!

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Just got off the phone with DOS, and the nice lady confirmed that my fiancee's interview date is set for Tuesday, April 24th @ 9:30AM. I have already texted Uyen the good news and I am planning on being in HCMC by Sunday night (prior to) in order to finalize everything before the big day.

I am in the process of booking a flight, but I am not sure how long I should stay there (will be at least 2 weeks+), but the trip coming home (hoping Uyen does pass), how would I go about changing my flight plans? I know I need to get insurance, but this is something I have never done.

Anyways, wanted to tell everyone the good news!! :dance:

Adjustment of Status Journey

July 05, 2012: Sent package off to Chicago

July 13, 2012: NOA received via email & text

July 16, 2012: Checked cashed

July 19, 2012: Received hard copy Form I-797C in the mail

July 21, 2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail

July 31, 2012: AOS trransferred to CSC

Aug. 07, 2012: Biometrics completed

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I would get there before the interview and stay a couple of days past the interview date. My logic is that you would spend before the interview date happily enjoying each other's company while gathering more photographic evidence to submit at the interview. If she does pass then fantastic, there's no guarantee when she would get the visa in hand. Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes longer and if you are only there for a couple of weeks have to come back to your job, then it's very difficult to sync it up so that you could both come back to the US together.

And if she doesn't get the pink they at least you had that happy time together instead of spending the entire time together in a depressed funk. Then put your energy to work on addressing the reasons behind the blue.

But best of luck, I think you guys will get pink.

Edited by tcTTct

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ConGraTuLaTions :):dance::star:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: IR-5 Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I would get there before the interview and stay a couple of days past the interview date. My logic is that you would spend before the interview date happily enjoying each other's company while gathering more photographic evidence to submit at the interview. If she does pass then fantastic, there's no guarantee when she would get the visa in hand. Sometimes it takes a week, sometimes longer and if you are only there for a couple of weeks have to come back to your job, then it's very difficult to sync it up so that you could both come back to the US together.

And if she doesn't get the pink they at least you had that happy time together instead of spending the entire time together in a depressed funk. Then put your energy to work on addressing the reasons behind the blue.

But best of luck, I think you guys will get pink.

I am planning on getting there a couple days before the interview date and stay around a week or so later to spend some quality time with my fiancee. I know there are NO GUARANTEES that she will get her Visa, but knowing I am there for her will give my fiancee the confidence she will need. She has never flown before so that is one of the primary reasons for me going back to VN. If she does pass, GREAT, but I worry a little about her making it to the States safely if she does go alone.

Adjustment of Status Journey

July 05, 2012: Sent package off to Chicago

July 13, 2012: NOA received via email & text

July 16, 2012: Checked cashed

July 19, 2012: Received hard copy Form I-797C in the mail

July 21, 2012: Biometrics letter arrived by mail

July 31, 2012: AOS trransferred to CSC

Aug. 07, 2012: Biometrics completed

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If you're unable to fly back to the Sates with her then you can use IOM. They'll help her with all the procedures of leaving Vietnam and will meet and help her at the US POE.

http://www.iom.int.vn/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=71&Itemid=193

It would certainly reduce a lot of anxiety on both your parts.

Edited by tcTTct

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations. NVC told me today that my K1 was sent to the US consulate in Vietnam on the 13 of March. I called the US consulate and they told me to send an email to them because they cannot provide that information over the phone. How did you find out when the US consulate in Vietnam received your paperwork?

good luck!!

To quotes a movie, “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows... but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One Moment you're enjoying your life, and the next you're wondering how you ever lived without them.” I felt I found something with Kieu that is rare in life... true love.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Congratulations. NVC told me today that my K1 was sent to the US consulate in Vietnam on the 13 of March. I called the US consulate and they told me to send an email to them because they cannot provide that information over the phone. How did you find out when the US consulate in Vietnam received your paperwork?

The only way to know the 'hard copy' got there is from the consulate via email or personal visit to the consulate. You can't send the required docs for the first Pkt until they get the 'hard copy' I know because I tried and they rejected it... calling DoS won't help because the system says that once the digital copy gets there it shows as them having the case even though the 'hard copy' isnt in fact there yet. May take a week or two... send an email next week asking if it is there.. include your HCM # in all emails... they do NO business over the phone and as you may have found out, actually get pissed at you if you are able to get them on the phone...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.