Fatty

Anyone had a baby during the visa application process?

3 posts in this topic

I'm new here. Hi.

I am a US citizen who was born in the UK and has lived here most of my life.

I'm married with 2 UK citizen children (they don't have a right to US citizenship because I haven't lived in the US long enough) and filed the I-130s for my husband and children in July. We're keen to move to the States and begin our new life asap.

Shortly after filing I discovered I'm pregnant and due Feb 20th. Since this is a direct consular application we expected it to go fairly quickly. I haven't received approved petitions yet, but am reading through the I-864 and freaking out about all the old tax returns I need to file etc, which I didn't know about previously. I'm self employed and the IRS stuff is frying my brains.

Anyway, if we receive the visas before the baby is born, I understand that the baby will be able to travel with us anyway, no problems. If the baby is born before we have the visas, I don't know what will happen. Does anyone know? I'm pretty sure I'll have to file and I-130 for the baby. Will that mean we'll all be set back to stage one again? Is there any point then in even filling stuff out just now?

Has anyone been through this, can they speed up the baby's processing so he/she can apply with us?

It's all so overwhelming just now.

July 30th - sent off I-130s

August 7th - I-130s filed with USCIS and we receive our notification postcard a few days later

Nov 5th - sent in the DS-2001 part 1 and the DS 2001

Nov 6th - received our packet 3 stuff, which I took as I-130 approvals

Nov 13th - received packet 4 - interview scheduled for Dec 14th

Nov 20th - had medicals

Nov 24-ish - received our actual I-130 approvals, I have no idea why they took so long to arrive!

Dec 14th - interviews - approved!

Dec 16th - visas delivered

Jan 13th - leaving party :( I will miss so many people!

Jan 19th - our travel date

Feb 20th - our baby's due date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You should be processed well before February.

You do need to sort out your old tax issues however.

You are on the fastest track available, yet to hear of a DCG London taking anywhere near that long.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

That is really very encouraging to hear! Thank you.

I'm going to try to get my tax papers all filled in this week. Then the IRS told me if I send them two copies and ask for one copy to be recovered for Immigration they'll do that. So we should have to wait on that.

I just don't want to be holding things back on my side, I want to be ready to give them the notification of readiness immediately so as not to hold them back in processing times.

It would just be so so much easier if we can get the visas before the baby is born.

July 30th - sent off I-130s

August 7th - I-130s filed with USCIS and we receive our notification postcard a few days later

Nov 5th - sent in the DS-2001 part 1 and the DS 2001

Nov 6th - received our packet 3 stuff, which I took as I-130 approvals

Nov 13th - received packet 4 - interview scheduled for Dec 14th

Nov 20th - had medicals

Nov 24-ish - received our actual I-130 approvals, I have no idea why they took so long to arrive!

Dec 14th - interviews - approved!

Dec 16th - visas delivered

Jan 13th - leaving party :( I will miss so many people!

Jan 19th - our travel date

Feb 20th - our baby's due date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.