BR549

Interview coming up.

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Well finally today we got the last document we've been waiting on. I'm sooooo happy. :dance: My husband has an interview in Vancouver on the 7th and we were pretty stressed about getting a court document (the 4-6 weeks they'd told us 8 wks ago had come and gone) in time. But now I can really look forward to the interview. I am going to meet my husband in Vancouver for the weekend and then our interview is on tuesday. We are staying at a hotel close to the embassy (i can't remember the name right now :blush: ). I was just wondering if anyone had tips to give me about the embassy that haven't been posted in the review section. And i have a more specific question about the paperwork. Does it need to be in any certain order or is it ok as long as you know where everything is in your stack? I'm already planning on taking everything in in a plastic grocery bag so there are no security problems.

Also does anyone have any good ideas about what would be fun to do around Vancouver? Neither one of us is familiar with B.C. and i'd love to get out and see as much as i can. Thanks!!!!!! :P

My intervie was in montreal but I'm sure yours will be similar. Have all the items on the checklist ready. They will ask for them first. Some of mine they wanetd the copy, and others they did not.

The secdonary evidence, your extra "stuff", won't be needed until you are actually in the interview part. So, first you give them all the stuff they asked for, then you'll be asked questions etc. Mine was done separately. As long as you are organized you'll be fine.

Good Luck!

Adjustment of Status 2008

May 6, 2008 ~~~~~~~ I751 package mailed to Vermont

May 17, 2008 ~~~~~~~~Check Cashed

May 19, 2008 ~~~~~~~~ NOA1

June 20, 2008 ~~~~~~~ Fingerprinting appointment

April 1, 2009 ~~~~~~~~ APPROVED!!!!

K-1 Visa

October 11, 2005 ~~~~~ Mailed I129F (Vermont)

October 25, 2005 ~~~~~ NOA2 in email (yay)

February 8, 2006 ~~~~~ Interview Day! APPROVED!!!

AOS, EAD, AP

March 27, 2006 ~~~~~~ Mailed AOS, EAD, AP to Chicago

March 29, 2006 ~~~~~~ AOS, EAD, AP arrives at Chicago Lockbox

March 31, 2006 ~~~~~~~ NOA's for all 3

April 18, 2006 ~~~~~~ Biometrics Appointment in Providence

May 15, 2006 ~~~~~~ RFE in the mail-more financial info

May 26, 2006 ~~~~~~ AOS touched

June 19, 2006 ~~~~~ EAD Card in the mail

July 27, 2006 ~~~~~ Interview for Green Card

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good luck! :)

I used to live in Vancouver, but that was 10 years ago. When people would visit I would take them to Gas Town, across to North Vancouver on the ferry and down to English Bay. Vancouver is a great city just to walk around in, bring an umbrella!

Sept 10 I-129F sent to TSC

Interview - February 13th APPROVED! day 152

April 6 - wedding date day 204

Aug 22 - AOS interview date day 101-total days 342

Sept 29 - green card arrives, done until June 2008 day 140-total days 381

June 30 - I-751 mailed total days 1025

March 9 - Removal of Conditions approved! total days 1277

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well finally today we got the last document we've been waiting on. I'm sooooo happy. :dance: My husband has an interview in Vancouver on the 7th and we were pretty stressed about getting a court document (the 4-6 weeks they'd told us 8 wks ago had come and gone) in time. But now I can really look forward to the interview. I am going to meet my husband in Vancouver for the weekend and then our interview is on tuesday. We are staying at a hotel close to the embassy (i can't remember the name right now :blush: ). I was just wondering if anyone had tips to give me about the embassy that haven't been posted in the review section. And i have a more specific question about the paperwork. Does it need to be in any certain order or is it ok as long as you know where everything is in your stack? I'm already planning on taking everything in in a plastic grocery bag so there are no security problems.

Also does anyone have any good ideas about what would be fun to do around Vancouver? Neither one of us is familiar with B.C. and i'd love to get out and see as much as i can. Thanks!!!!!! :P

Congratulations!

I live in Vancouver and one of the coolest places here is the Museum of Anthropology at UBC. Even if you are not interested in the dusty old artifacts the architecture is stunning and the totem poles and other carvings are incredible. http://www.moa.ubc.ca/ And its free on Tuesdays from 5-9!

There is a traditional Japanese garden out there too which is apparently the most authentic of its kind outside of Japan. Haven't seen it, its called the Nitobe.

If you've got a car and it isn't too cloudy it is also well worth it to drive up to the lookouts on one of the local mountains - Cypress - and check out the view.

If you like Sushi go to Tanpopo on Denman for the all you can eat lunch or dinner - excellent value, quite high quality sushi.

Good luck on your interview, I'm sure it will go great!

11/30/05 Mailed K1 application

12/09/05 Check Cashed (Deposit Date on Check)

12/19/05 NOA1 physically Recieved

12/15/05 NOA1 (Postmark Date)

12/05/05 NOA1 Official Recieved Date (Printed on NOA1)

12/14/05 NOA1 Official Notice Date (Printed on NOA1)

Waiting Begins for NOA2

03/09/06 NOA2physically Received

03/07/06 NOA2 (Postmark Date)

03/06/06 NOA2 Official Date (Printed on NOA2)

Never touched just Approved (Aprox 85-90 days depending on which days you count from)

3/20/06 NVC.... Received Processing

3/21/06 NVC Mailed to B.C. Consulate

3/24/06 I emailed consulate asking where is packet 3?

4/03/06 Consulate responded to my email saying packet 3 was mailed 3/23/06 and consulate attached packet 3 so I faxed DS230 and requested interview date asap

4/5/06 Medical (booked two weeks previous)

4/6/06 Consulate phoned to say received fax and booked interview

5/5/06 Interview in Vancouver - Approved!

5/9/06 Drove to Seattle then flew to Tampa - Yay welcome back 'home'

mid July - got married

early August - sent AOS/EAD applications

08/14/06 NOA for AOS/EAD

08/22/06 RFE - sent more financial info (most they already had, but we resent anyway)

09/09/06 - Biometrics

09/11/06 -NOA - transferred to California Service Center

10/16/06 - Approved without interview!!!!! Yay, what a birthday present! (but still no EAD!)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you for your replies! This gives me some great ideas. And i feel much better about the paperwork too. I appreciate it. Now i'm just counting the days. They all seem like an eternity as i'm sure most of you know the feeling quite well!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.