Michelle_Otman

is this for real

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

hi all-

I was just told that morocco consulate is now longer asking for proof of income, and that you show proof of income when u file adjustment in the U.S. has anyone heard about this.. I was also told that on the Q&A sheet that is mailed with packet 3 that the I-134 is crossed out... just wondering if anyone else has heard about this.. best of luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle/Otman

AOS

02/06/2007 - sent AOS and EAD to Chicago

02/14/2007 - fees came through the bank, it's rolling!!

02/20/2007 - letter for Biometrics appointment on 03/01/2007

03/01/2007 - Biometrics appointment was painless

03/10/2007 - NOA1 AOS was transferred to CSC!!!!

03/28/2007 - touched AOS

03/29/2007 - touched AOS

04/06/2007 - welcoming letter (by email)

04/11/2007 - AOS approval (by email)

04/12/2007 - 2yr. green card in hand...omg!!

06/29/2007 - bought our new house

Mr. & Mrs. Otman Elaroussi

Filed: Timeline

This is the case for the embassy in Tunis so it's possible here too I guess....

I called to double check with the embassy there and even made the guy go and verify with his boss that they would NOT be requiring that at the interview/visa stage and he assured me (and laughed at me a little) that an affidavit of support is not now and has never been a requirement for a K-1 visa.

I thought it was odd but they're the ones who make the rules. :yes:

I know at some recent interviews the affidavit was not asked for in Casa. Packet 3 does not say bring this specific form, but does say evidence of support i believe. I am sending it anyway. Rather be over prepared. We will need it for AOS.

Edited by mybackpages

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: Timeline

The embassy in Cairo did not ask for it either on my husband's packet 3. They only asked for either my last year's tax return OR an employment letter and pay stubs. Well I sent an I-134 anyways..never can be too careful. I also sent the tax return, employment letter, pay stubs for the entire year so far, a letter from my bank, my past 6 months of bank statements. I don't want them coming back asking for this stuff later. I would send one anyways...it couldn't hurt.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As others have said I would double check however we were never asked for this information at our interview (that was in January of this year though). It doesn't hurt to have it ready just in case though.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The 134 was not sent with my husband's packet nor was it asked for at his interview. It was crossed off our information list from the embassy also. He did bring it with him just in cas though. With Casa you can't be too careful.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I sent it just in case for the interview... at the interview they did not take it from Rachid..... however you do need it for the AOS...... best of luck to you guys... (F)

sarah

Timeline

I emailed the Consulate and asked which form they use for affidavit of support and they told me I-134. My fiance was not asked for it in the interview, and I know many others were not asked for it, however I believe they can ask for it so it's better to have it. Trust me you don't want to get held up because you didn't have it for the interview... good luck,

Sarah

Timeline

I recently emailed the consualte about this and received this response "Thank you for your e-mail. Please be informed that no affidavit of support is required for your type of petition." I did send it to him just to be safe, because from what I hear, you can't be too sure with casa!

timeline doesn't matter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.