Elisinha

MTL ... yay!!!!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone!!!

thank you all for helping me with my doubts so far..

We just got our MTL number.. :) .. now its time to buckle myself and get in the interview line :dance: with a "bag of patience"

happy Happy!!!!

Cam & Ellie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Nothing open so far today.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am so happy for you :dance:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

No problem Eli,

Once I knew that the petition was approved and got confirmation and assigned case number, I sent my packet 3 to Montreal...I didn't even wait for instructions to come in the mail, sent packet 3 by Loomis courier so I could track and then I physco dialed DOS everyday to see if Packet 3 had been logged in the consulate's system and asked if Packet 4 had been sent out yet and where it went. I just got mail for Packet 3 and 4 together last week. If you call DOS make sure you give them the right case number. One operator told me that Packet 4 had gone out and then another one told me that packet 3 hadn't been received after the previous operator told me it had...turns out the 2nd operator put the wrong case number in.

We are all in this together...this is the most frustrating part...trying to book the interview.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

I am a US Citizen!!!

Timeline

Moema59,

Thank you so much.. I am just concerned a bit about my case, I believe its a bit special. cause I am Brazilian living in Canada for 2 years, no PR, legal worker etc.. just gonna wait a bit if they will ask for something in particular besides my work permit :/.. butterflies..

I will be VERY careful when I call and like you, double call DOS eheheh

Good luck to you too!

Cam & Ellie

Timeline

No problem Eli,

Once I knew that the petition was approved and got confirmation and assigned case number, I sent my packet 3 to Montreal...I didn't even wait for instructions to come in the mail, sent packet 3 by Loomis courier so I could track and then I physco dialed DOS everyday to see if Packet 3 had been logged in the consulate's system and asked if Packet 4 had been sent out yet and where it went. I just got mail for Packet 3 and 4 together last week. If you call DOS make sure you give them the right case number. One operator told me that Packet 4 had gone out and then another one told me that packet 3 hadn't been received after the previous operator told me it had...turns out the 2nd operator put the wrong case number in.

We are all in this together...this is the most frustrating part...trying to book the interview.

I agree 100%......waiting for available interview dates is so nerveracking. My fiancee and I are on the webiste contstantly hitting refresh hoping to get a date. There haven't been dates for about a month now so here is hoping they open some really really soon.....today would be nice lol

Timeline

Fingers crossed :)...

Guys, I am trying to register on the website.. and when it says:

Case number: what number should I put there ? EAC... or MTL?

I refer to website where we register for the interview and courier etc..

Thanks

Cam & Ellie

Timeline

I agree 100%......waiting for available interview dates is so nerveracking. My fiancee and I are on the webiste contstantly hitting refresh hoping to get a date. There haven't been dates for about a month now so here is hoping they open some really really soon.....today would be nice lol

Green Giant - will post immediately if anything opens up....I know that there are 4 of us on this forum waiting to book at Montreal....fingers crossed this week but then again it is March break so alot of people are off with their kids.

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

I am a US Citizen!!!

Timeline

Fingers crossed :)...

Guys, I am trying to register on the website.. and when it says:

Case number: what number should I put there ? EAC... or MTL?

I refer to website where we register for the interview and courier etc..

Thanks

Case Number is MTL. I would wait before you register because when I did, something funky happened and didn't give me the option for payment and then I had to email them and got a huge runaround and then they had to send an email with the MVR payment at Scotia Bank...took about a week and half to clear up.

EAC is the receipt number

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

I am a US Citizen!!!

Timeline

And it seems like I CANT register for courier till i have my interview date? Is that correct?

When I click to register to courier service it takes me to the page NO appt available at this time.. Is there any other way to register for Courier or I have to wait till I get the interview date?

Thanks

Cam & Ellie

Timeline

It seems fine.. I have the MRV number already and it says Markan is my location.. Not that close, but.. its ok..

Ohh, hope I am not in trouble for registering now :blush: .. I entered with the right info number etc..thanks

Thanks for the warning, i will be more patient.

Cam & Ellie

Timeline

There should (at least there was when I signed up on the website) an option to, "register for courier" without hitting any appointment bookings aka: Ready to Permanently Immigrate, Ready to Schedule etc.

It's been a couple months since I did it, though, and they've changed a lot of things around since then. :x

ALSO CONGRATS!

Edited by jbel
X3NUm4.png

Timeline

They make it hard, I think, just because they can. >_> It's especially hard for Canadian PRs in comparison to the rest of us. At least you know you can definitely register for DHL when you schedule your interview? Small consolation?

Also, as a note of reference for the future, the letter that you print out/is emailed to you after you schedule your interview and register has your DHL confirmation on it...so when they ask for that...it's on the appointment letter. >_>

X3NUm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.