Richard and Inna

Any Documents Needed for Medical Exam?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My fiancee's interview is in 2 weeks and she has her Medical Exam scheduled 2 days before. Are any of the documents that we will take to the interview needed at the time of the Medical Exam? I dont see that documented anywhere, just wondering...

Richard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If I recall correctly we needed THREE passport type photos for the medical exam. Get lots, you will need them.

She should also make SURE she has or has started any needed vaccines and be sure to request form DS3025 signed and checked as "vaccines complete" (if they ARE complete or started) KEEP this document, do not turn it in at the interview. You will need it for the AOS and it will save you a lot of time and money later. She can get her vaccination records from the medical clinic she has been using.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

If I recall correctly we needed THREE passport type photos for the medical exam. Get lots, you will need them.

She should also make SURE she has or has started any needed vaccines and be sure to request form DS3025 signed and checked as "vaccines complete" (if they ARE complete or started) KEEP this document, do not turn it in at the interview. You will need it for the AOS and it will save you a lot of time and money later. She can get her vaccination records from the medical clinic she has been using.

Thank you !

Richard and Inna

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I concur with Alla & Gary-----I have just started the AOS and my Alla did not get the vaccinations she needed at the time of her medical in Kiev, so now it is going to cost about $500.00 to get her vaccinations here. Good luck--it is all down hill from here :)

Phil

Timeline

I concur with Alla & Gary-----I have just started the AOS and my Alla did not get the vaccinations she needed at the time of her medical in Kiev, so now it is going to cost about $500.00 to get her vaccinations here. Good luck--it is all down hill from here :)

Phil

A couple of tips to save you money. By the way, I was doing this for THREE people so I was very frugal and made very sure they had all their vaccines and DS3025s !!!! :lol:

You can get needed vaccines anywhere. Family doctor or even a health department (sometimes for free or very cheap) Then call around to Civil Surgeosn and get their prices. Some are downright pirates and will insist you have another medical exam and charge some outrageous fees. Others may be quite reasonable. You may find it is worth a 2-3 hour drive to save $300-400. A person we know here had the same situation, beed one vaccine and the I-693 signed off. The CSs is Burlington were just outright bastards and flat out said "Be happy I am only charging you $400, I don't have to do this at all" This person, a woman immigrant from Russia that Alla was translating for, finally found a CS in Enosburg Falls (1 hour+ drive NE) that would do it for $100 including the vaccine she needed

Gary And Alla

A couple of tips to save you money. By the way, I was doing this for THREE people so I was very frugal and made very sure they had all their vaccines and DS3025s !!!! :lol:

You can get needed vaccines anywhere. Family doctor or even a health department (sometimes for free or very cheap) Then call around to Civil Surgeosn and get their prices. Some are downright pirates and will insist you have another medical exam and charge some outrageous fees. Others may be quite reasonable. You may find it is worth a 2-3 hour drive to save $300-400. A person we know here had the same situation, beed one vaccine and the I-693 signed off. The CSs is Burlington were just outright bastards and flat out said "Be happy I am only charging you $400, I don't have to do this at all" This person, a woman immigrant from Russia that Alla was translating for, finally found a CS in Enosburg Falls (1 hour+ drive NE) that would do it for $100 including the vaccine she needed

Gary,

I have a follow up question. My fiancee did her medical and they also did DS3025 as we requested it. However it was not given to us, but was in the sealed packet to the embassy. So is there anything I need to do for the AOS, or I will be fine.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

Gary,

I have a follow up question. My fiancee did her medical and they also did DS3025 as we requested it. However it was not given to us, but was in the sealed packet to the embassy. So is there anything I need to do for the AOS, or I will be fine.

All of that gets sent to USCIS, it isin the secret envelope she brings with her. So they have it. I would go "bareback" so to speak and hope for the best. If you get an RFE you will have to get the I-693. Why did they give it to the consulate? They are supposed to give that to the fiancee.

I suggest you find out about local CSs and their fees and lead times for an appointment so you can be prepared.

Gary And Alla

All of that gets sent to USCIS, it isin the secret envelope she brings with her. So they have it. I would go "bareback" so to speak and hope for the best. If you get an RFE you will have to get the I-693. Why did they give it to the consulate? They are supposed to give that to the fiancee.

I suggest you find out about local CSs and their fees and lead times for an appointment so you can be prepared.

Gary,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I just checked again the paperwork and we do have DS3025 (my bet :)). So I guess I will just include it with the AOS packet.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Timeline

Gary,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I just checked again the paperwork and we do have DS3025 (my bet :)). So I guess I will just include it with the AOS packet.

:thumbs:

Here would be my line of thought. If you did not have it, check around and lets say the CS fees are $300. Well, I would not be willing to spend $300 to avoid an RFE that may never come in an AOS filing. I would do it if I had to and would prepare for it. If i could find a CS to do it for, say, under $100 I may just go ahead and do it to avoid the hassle and sleep better.

But as it turns out....moot point. Send a COPY and keep the original!

We have hacked Alla's file down now to the notices of approvals, etc., her DS3025, translations of documents, original documents and we will add her original citizenship certificate and then burn the rest! :dance: Always keep the DS3025 as it is a good translated record of her vaccinations.

we still have a box full of Sergeys stuff and now will be starting one for Momma. :wacko: It never ends.

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.