Karly-n-Bruce

Organization and Preparation for Interview

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't know if this is where this topic belongs but here goes...

For those of you who have gone through your interview and were told your paperwork was organized, what exactly did you do in order for it to be "organized"? Did you have everything in seperate file folders? Did you have it all divided in one of those several sections file folder things (I can't think of what they're called)? I'm asking because I want to be as organized as I possibly can for this thing to avoid confusion and to allow things to go as smoothly as possible at the Consulate (we're going to Montreal).

Thanks in advance,

Karly

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I don't know if this is where this topic belongs but here goes...

For those of you who have gone through your interview and were told your paperwork was organized, what exactly did you do in order for it to be "organized"? Did you have everything in seperate file folders? Did you have it all divided in one of those several sections file folder things (I can't think of what they're called)? I'm asking because I want to be as organized as I possibly can for this thing to avoid confusion and to allow things to go as smoothly as possible at the Consulate (we're going to Montreal).

Thanks in advance,

Karly

That is exactly what we did - we bought a cheap multi-section folder and labelled each section ie 'birth certificates' 'police report' etc. So that as they asked for each item we could produce it without searching through a pile of papers. It worked a treat.

Good luck with your interview :thumbs:

Edited by jenart

For detailed timeline - click on my name - then read our story

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I had different folders (forms and other documents asked; I-134 and supporting documents; and evidence of relationship) and used post-it notes to tag each document: birth certificate: original; birth certificate: copy, etc.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.