SaharaSunset

Does a Moroccan EAD take longer to get?!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Okay first of all to vent a little, I HATE that it feels like for the past year or so, my life and my ability to move forward has been in the hands of the US government, and I just have to patiently wait. I AM OVER IT!!! :bonk: And now waiting for my husband to be able to work is even more frustrating! Thank heavens I have a steady job! But money is of course a little tight and we are dipping into savings that will run out in like a month! My wonderful good-natured husband is trying to stay busy and is ever positive - but I feel terrible because he left a very successful life behind to come be with me. I assured him he would find a good job here and we do have some connections, but we can't act on them until he can legally work. He says hes fine, but I know he is getting "unemployed restless."

Now for my question. We filed the EAD/AOS combo on 12/30/11, and received NOA 1/10/12. He had his biometrics 2/3 and the AOS was tranfered to California on 2/8. I know that they say technically the EAD process takes "3 months" - but as I look at the timelines on this website, I see lots of people getting their EAD approved in like 2 months. We have heard nothing as of today. But now I'm even seeing people who were just approved in the last 2-3 days, that actually filed AFTER us....is this normal??? My husband, says he read online that it takes longer for "high fraud risk" countries...which apparently Morocco is. Is this true?

I think I'm mostly worried because we used a lawyer for the K-1 and sailed through faster than normal. But we did not use a lawyer for this EAD/AOS portion after he got here, and so I'm super worried we did something wrong, missed something, or are going to have problems. Maybe I'm jumping the gun, but I just am not sure what we really should expect as far as the "real" time for him to get his EAD(provided everything goes well) Does anyone know? :wacko: I hate having life on hold!!

(But on a good note, at least he is here - waiting to be with him was MUCH worse! (L) )

Edited by SaharaSunset

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It shouldn't take longer.

(that's the short version of it but you can't rule out a background check)

There are other factors involved at this point. Some do not get their EAD/AP before the greencard.

I submitted AOS 22 days before you and recently got EAD in the mail. It took 69 days - it took a month from biometrics appointment until approval.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks for the reply :yes: Funny thing, I literally just got the email that the card has been ordered!! :lol: So I guess I was jumping the gun! :thumbs: Thanks again!! I feel a huge sense of relief!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Aww, congrats : ) Happy to see the venting didn't go unnoticed. I know what it's like to wait around for that work permit. Happy job hunting if that's your plan.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.