lou_7979

Package 3 Forms to fill out

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hello, I just came across another question. Since my fiancee lives in Caracas, I went to the Embassy page for the consulate located there, and it states that my fiancee should fill out the following:

Fill out, in duplicate, but do NOT sign, the following forms:

* Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application

* Form DS-156K, Nonimmigrant Fiancée Visa Application

* Form DS-230 Biographic Data, part 1.1

Now, I noticed on the USCIS Example forms located on this website, that in addition to these forms my fiance has to fill out, there is also a DS-157 and DS-158 form. Since the consulate in my fiancee's country DOESN'T specify she has to fill out a DS-157 and DS-158, then obviously we don't have to worry about filling out these forms right? I just want to make sure. Can someone confirm this? Do different consulates require different forms to be filled out?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Hello, I just came across another question. Since my fiancee lives in Caracas, I went to the Embassy page for the consulate located there, and it states that my fiancee should fill out the following:

Fill out, in duplicate, but do NOT sign, the following forms:

* Form DS-156 Nonimmigrant Visa Application

* Form DS-156K, Nonimmigrant Fiancée Visa Application

* Form DS-230 Biographic Data, part 1.1

Now, I noticed on the USCIS Example forms located on this website, that in addition to these forms my fiance has to fill out, there is also a DS-157 and DS-158 form. Since the consulate in my fiancee's country DOESN'T specify she has to fill out a DS-157 and DS-158, then obviously we don't have to worry about filling out these forms right? I just want to make sure. Can someone confirm this? Do different consulates require different forms to be filled out?

I just looked through the documents I had to fill out for the consulat in Germany. I wasn't required to fill out the DS- 158 form, but I was required to fill out the DS- 157 form. If the two forms are not listed on the list your fiancee received (or will receive) in her package number 3, then I would assume that there is no need to do this.

The DS- 156K is the ONLY form you are not supposed to sign, she needs to sign it in front of the consular officer.

Edited by Maples

I-129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) Vermont Service Center

05/12/2006 Petition

05/27/2006 NOA 1

06/22/2006 RFE received & sent back (IMBRA)

07/10/2006 Case has been approved

07/14/2006 NOA 2

07/14/2006 NVC forwarded case to FRA

07/18/2006 Medical exam Hamburg

07/22/2006 Package 3

07/22/2006 Sent forms & checklist back to FRA

08/23/2006 Interview

08/25/2006 Picked up visa

08/26/2006 Flying home

09/08/2006 Applied for SSN

09/18/2006 Received SSN

09/23/2006 Wedding

AOS

09/26/2006 Filed AOS

10/06/2006 NOA

10/17/2006 Case transferred to CSC (email)

10/23/2006 Case arrived at CSC (email)

10/24/2006 Touched

10/25/2006 Touched

11/02/2006 Biometrics

11/08/2006 Touched

11/14/2006 GC approved (email)

11/18/2006 GC & Welcome letter in mail

08/09/2008 File for Removal of Conditions

ERIC & JENNIFER

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.