lou_7979

Affadavit of Support q's

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Good morning everyone. I already received my NOA2 and I'm hoping my fiancee in Venezuela receives her package 3 soon. I would appreciate if anyone can help me with the last two questions on the Affadavit of Support. Here are my questions:

1) Question #10 states, "That I have submitted a visa petition(s) to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) on behalf of the following person(s). If none, state none." Now, this may be a stupid question, but I filed the I-129F petition for my fiancee, so do I write down her name and information for this question? Or are they referring to someone I petitioned for BEFORE my fiancee?

2) And for Question #11, it states "That I intend/ or do NOT intend to make specific contributions to the support of the person(s) named in item 3 (which would be my fiancee). But as I was reading on another website, immhelp.com, it states that for Fiance visas (K1), I should write down N/A (not applicable) for this question. Why is this the case? My first reaction would be to put that I DO INTEND to make specific contributions to my fiancee because I plan to support her when she comes over to the U.S. Am I correct or should I put N/A as the website says. Maybe I'm misuderstanding something, I'm not sure.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

Thanks Mew, those links helped. Just one thing though. I just finished reading the entire thread you sent me for Question 11. It seems that at first, people agreed that N/A would be the best answer. But towards the end of the thread, Yodrak thought YES would also be a better answer. Is there any final verdict on this, or are both answers acceptable in your opinion (N/A or YES, I intend). Thanks again for your help.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Thanks Mew, those links helped. Just one thing though. I just finished reading the entire thread you sent me for Question 11. It seems that at first, people agreed that N/A would be the best answer. But towards the end of the thread, Yodrak thought YES would also be a better answer. Is there any final verdict on this, or are both answers acceptable in your opinion (N/A or YES, I intend). Thanks again for your help.

I've used an I-134 where my fiance answered N/A. Others have checked 'yes' and you'll even find other VJers who have checked 'no' and had no problems.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline

lou_7979,

The final verdict is that it makes no difference how the question is answered, the anecdotal evidence is that it's a non-issue. People have answered 'NO' and had no problem. I've never read any report of a problem with this question, no matter how it was answered.

But I wouldn't test the waters by answered 'Hell no, the SOB's on their own.'

(The only problem with this question is the number of questions it generates by sponsors worried about how to answer it.)

Yodrak

Edited by Yodrak

Timeline
lou_7979,

The final verdict is that it makes no difference how the question is answered, the anecdotal evidence is that it's a non-issue. People have answered 'NO' and had no problem. I've never read any report of a problem with this question, no matter how it was answered.

(The only problem with this question is the number of questions it generates by sponsors worried about how to answer it.)

Yodrak

Got it, I understand completely now. Thanks Yodrak and Mew. By the way, it would be funny if I answered

'Hell no, the SOB's on their own!' Good one. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

good answer!

reading other posts, it seems the consular may question the relation of the co-sponsor to the beneficiary, and their physical distance, being that they want "the big picture".

will the fact that my fiance's co-sponsor is his long lost cousin and she physically lives rather close to me, the petitioner, cause suspicion, or instead be looked upon positively.

lou_7979,

Yodrak

Got it, I understand completely now. Thanks Yodrak and Mew. By the way, it would be funny if I answered

'Hell no, the SOB's on their own!' Good one. ;)

4/28/06 sent I-129 package to NSC

5/1/06 NOA1

6/10/06 case transferred from NSC to CSC

7/3/06 rec'd IMBRA

7/11/06 touched - IMBRA rec'd by CSC

9/1/06 touched - email NOA2 - approved!

9/21/06 NVC letter stating package sent to Caracas

10/5/06 & 10/14/06 DHL website confirms CCS rec'd packages (hopefully one of them was mine)

12/10/06 Interview - passed

1/5/07 arrival to US

1/27/07 marriage

putting together AOS package - confused about medical - translated personal immunization record myself, went to ACS, paid fee, got documents in a sealed envelope "DO NOT OPEN"

3/26/07 mailed AOS & EAD to PO BOX

3/28/07 delivered

4/23/07 Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.