Sign in to follow this  
cheeky^Wolf

Diary of a Mail Order Bride

15 posts in this topic

This show was on in the UK on Tuesday and apparently was very good. I've just downloaded it on UKNova, thought others might be interested to also. It's listed under documentaries.

Documentary following Russian women seeking foreign husbands, including a 22-year-old woman from Siberia who is engaged to a London man 24 years her senior, who she met online despite the pair having no common language to communicate with. In Lancashire it is a similar story, as 51-year-old Dave awaits the arrival of his would-be wife - who gets a shock when she sees where she will be living

Enjoy!

Helen

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Filed: Timeline
This show was on in the UK on Tuesday and apparently was very good. I've just downloaded it on UKNova, thought others might be interested to also. It's listed under documentaries.

Documentary following Russian women seeking foreign husbands, including a 22-year-old woman from Siberia who is engaged to a London man 24 years her senior, who she met online despite the pair having no common language to communicate with. In Lancashire it is a similar story, as 51-year-old Dave awaits the arrival of his would-be wife - who gets a shock when she sees where she will be living

Enjoy!

Helen

I meant to watch that but forgot.

Does anyone know if it's coming on E4 or More4 anytime soon?

BTW UK viewers might also be interested to know that the Bush assassination mockumentary is to air next week.

24 June 2007: Leaving day/flying to Dallas-Fort Worth

Enjoy!

Helen

I've downloaded it but haven't watched it yet. I got a great ratio from uploading it yesterday. :lol:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

In all seriousness, I vaguely remember seeing a program like that years ago...the guy from Lancashire, he shoulds very familiar. I believe I saw his journery in the beginning, when they were trying to get his fiancee here and she had been denied. He wound up buying her a home to live in in her country...and went over there and stayed with her as long as he could until going back to the UK.

Is this the same guy?

I saw something similar on Discover channel several months ago -- it wasn't english guys but american ones.

Some people found love -- most women stated they were looking for a better life, but not in cynical/screw the immigration system kind of way.

a particularly sad story was one woman who married a guy for a better life -- she loved him but not in love with him (she was young and stunning, he was 50 and overweight) -- he was desperately in love with her and wanted her to feel the same way.......she stuck with the marriage but was quite clear how she felt.

tb.jpg

Not the same guy I don't think Lisa. This guy had a girl come over on a 6 month visa (one of only 400 granted each year). She hated it as soon as she arrived, he lived in a dump, was down the pub all the time and after a week or so she went back to Russia. He'd been sending her 60 pounds a week while she was in Russia. They broke up after he found another guy was sending her money too.

There was 1 american on there who fell in love about 10 times a night. He went on there with a "find a bride" vacation company. It was so sad to watch.

One couple were genuine (even though his last 2 wifes were foreign), she seemed more into him that he did to her.

I'm going to watch it again later cos I got interrupted a few times. But all in all it was very interesting. Some of the guys on here could do with watching it, might save alot of time and money!

It hasn't changed my opinion of a majority of Russian women I'm afraid.

10 year Green Card received, Next step is citizenship urgh!

When you meet the one you want to spend the rest of your life with,

you can't wait for the rest of your life to begin

Not the same guy I don't think Lisa. This guy had a girl come over on a 6 month visa (one of only 400 granted each year). She hated it as soon as she arrived, he lived in a dump, was down the pub all the time and after a week or so she went back to Russia. He'd been sending her 60 pounds a week while she was in Russia. They broke up after he found another guy was sending her money too.

There was 1 american on there who fell in love about 10 times a night. He went on there with a "find a bride" vacation company. It was so sad to watch.

One couple were genuine (even though his last 2 wifes were foreign), she seemed more into him that he did to her.

I'm going to watch it again later cos I got interrupted a few times. But all in all it was very interesting. Some of the guys on here could do with watching it, might save alot of time and money!

Wow it was quite an eye-opener. That Kurt guy who ran the company was a total tosspot. He needed a right slap. :yes:

Met the ole man in January 1998

Jan. 2004: K1 visa issued ~ April 2004: Got on a plane ~ Nov. 2004: GC in my mucky hands ~ Dec. 2006: Received 10 YR GC

September 2008 - US passport delivered!

Yeah, different guy....his bride was from the Phillipines. I remember thinking to myself 'uh oh risky move dude' when he sold his house to get her her own home built for her and all her family. Then she brought up how he's a foreigner and taxes and whatnot...so naturally it all went in her name

Can't remember what happened after that

went to the site to download and I cant join.... so loks like I will have to miss it.....

Kezzie

went to the site to download and I cant join.... so loks like I will have to miss it.....

Kezzie

Oh wow That was some house he could have cleaned up a bit before she got there.... but I did feel a bit sorry for him in the end.... she was just using him....

wow LisaD 5 months.... I was so lucky then.....

Kezzie