Adnan&Liane

Is it okay to travel or move during AP?

7 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone,

Is it okay for the beneficiary to travel during AP? Not to the US...he lives in London but was thinking about traveling to Egypt...I have read somewhere that it can make AP longer because they have to look into additional travel records...I am not sure if this was reliable information...does anyone have any information or experience with this? Or know how I can find out?

Also curious if it will be okay for him to travel to visit his family in Morocco after his visa is issued but before coming to the states?

Finally, I am wondering if it is okay for him to move/change his address during AP? And if so, who do we report it to? Embassy? Is there a form to file?

Any info would be greatly appreciated....we have been hesitant about these things since we don't want to do anything that might affect AP or make it any longer than it is already taking....

Thanks in advance for your help!

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes if he travels now they may ask for his passport to see where he traveled to and for how long.

It can make his AP longer because they do have to investigate who he knows in the other country

I am sure going home to Egypt will not be a problem since they already are looking into his home country.

After he gets his visa he can visit morocco, just make sure he comes to usa before his visa stamp and medical expire and do not cut it too close due to airline cancelations possible

If he moves or changes addresses---people say it is ok. and you want his visa delivered to the right place so change his address with the embassy.

I told my husband he will not travel during our AP and he cannot move. I do not want any more bumps in our road.

But if he really had to move or travel then we would just take it as it comes.

No one really knows the answers to your questions. It is not written in stone anywhere.

Where was he born? Egypt?

I just noticed you have been in AP for over 4 months.... hang in a little while longer. I hope he gets it soon

AP makes us put our lives and futures on hold for an unknown amount of time.

Edited by togetherforever13

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Timeline

Traveling to the USA where we have a strong database of information on people is always ok. It is traveling to other countries that could be an issue

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Thank you so much togetherforever13...you have been so helpful to everyone who posts with questions and concerns! :)

Actually my husband is not from Egypt...he was invited to go visit with family but he has never been there before. He was born in London and is a UK citizen but lived in Morocco w/his mother for most of his life (but not a Moroccan citizen). He moved back to London in 2008.

I feel very bad because I keep telling him no to everything. It has been very difficult for him...he hates where he lives and wants to move and he also loves to travel and has given up many opportunities to do so because I have told him I've heard it's not a good idea. I feel bad because he has given up so much and put his life on hold to be with me. He was hoping to continue his schooling over here and since we don't know what's going on he also has to wait on that. We both understand we have to make these sacrifices...I just want him to be happy!

Thank you again for your advice...I really don't want to take any chances or mess up the process....hope we ALL hear good news soon!

God delays but doesn't forget.

event.png

Timeline

I think he can go back home to morocco for a vacation without any issues. But if he has never been to egypt then he should not go now. That is just my opinion. I believe every new country will require name checks in that country.

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.