28 posts in this topic

Ljandjl - I was just at the Frankfurt Embassy on the 20th of June, and they accept both USD and Euros. I paid in Euros.

Our Story:

Apr '06 - We met in Houston, TX when he was on a business trip

Jul '06 - I went to Germany to visit him at his invitation

Oct '06 - He came back to Houston, TX to visit me and ask my parents for my hand in marriage

Jan '07 - I moved to Germany

May '07 - We got married <3

Jun '08 - Our little munchkin was born <3 <3

4 years later we decide we want to move to the US.....

20 Jun 12 - We went to the Frankfurt Embassy and submitted my I-130 with all accompanying paperwork at window 40. It was looked over immediately and I was sent to pay the fee at window 23. I took the receipt of payment back to window 40 and was given the DS-230 form for Hubby to fill out. Lucky for us, I already had one finished for him. We turned in the DS-230 at window 22 and received our case number and the IV Document Checklist.

Presently, Hubby is back in his native country getting his police report and birth certificate. Upon return, he will update his vac/immunizations and do his Medical Examination. We are waiting for I-864 joint sponsor paperwork to be returned to us, and then we can send everything in with a Request for Interview. We have a target date of mid October to establish residence in the US.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Ok, that's good to know! I guess it depends on who you talk to - I must have gotten someone that was having a rough day :)

Pre-VISA

November 14, 2009 - met randomly in a park in Atlanta, talked 1 hour

November 16, 2009 - started emailing daily

December 11, 2009 - flew to DC for a weekend to visit

January 5, 2010 - JL flies back to Germany :(

March 17-23, 2010 - I visit JL in Germany

September 1, 2010 - I move to Germany!

September 9, 2011 - Married <3

German Visa

December 20, 2011 - applied for German visa

February 9, 2012 - interview

March 26, 2012 - temporary 18 month greencard!

US VISA

April 3, 2012 - mailed I-130s to Frankfurt

April 11, 2012 - NOA1 mailed

April 13, 2012 - I-130 payment authorized

April 18, 2012 - NOA1 received

Impatiently waiting for NOA2......

Hey, I'm officially part of the club. I-130 filed at Seoul on July 2. Now we wait...

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Hi,

I got my interview on July 12th, only 43 days after NOA1! Getting a bit nervous now as my husband left yesterday for the US, to find apartment and start his new job... it's getting closer but still feels so far away!

Good Luck to you all and be strong while waiting... We will all get there!

Timeline

Ugh........85 days since NOA1 & still no word. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm leaving Germany in 7 weeks & it would be nice if my husband could come with me - or at least if we knew when he'd be coming! With the 4th, etc I'm sure we won't get anything this week either.

I'm glad the others are moving right along, just wish I was part of that club :)

Pre-VISA

German Visa

US VISA

Ugh........85 days since NOA1 & still no word. I'm trying to be patient, but I'm leaving Germany in 7 weeks & it would be nice if my husband could come with me - or at least if we knew when he'd be coming! With the 4th, etc I'm sure we won't get anything this week either.

I'm glad the others are moving right along, just wish I was part of that club :)

Only 5 more days for you. I think with frankfurt everyone just has to wait their turn. 90 days... then another 30 or so until the interview... I think your husband will be able to go with you as long as you have all your papers in order.

We had our interview on Friday! I just tracked the package we're waiting on... And it came TODAY! Right when we were walking the dog! Can you believe it?! We're going to try to pick it up this afternoon from the office. :) Fingers Crossed!

Note to everyone that has to use the new DHL labels... Track your package and be home when they come, cause I guess you have to sign for it.

Good luck everyone!

Edited by GirlWithAGerman

GirlWithAGerman

Summer 2010 Summer Love in LA <3

Winter 2010 We're Engaged!

Spring 2011 Moved to Germany (The Plan is 2 Years)

Summer 2011 Eloped in Denmark.

Winter 2012 Sorry Germany... I Miss Home!!!

DCF

2.27.2012 I-130 Sent

3.16.2012 NOA 1

5.31.2012 NOA 2!! Approved!

6.4.2012 DS-230 Sent

6.6.2012 Checklist & Documents Sent

6.11.2012 Medical Appointment

6.14.2012 Requested More Documents -_-

6.18.2012 Sent More Documents

6.23.2012 Appointment letter received!

6.29.2012 Final Interview in Frankfurt!

7.4.2012 Happy 4th of July! The IV and super secret package are here!!!

7.29.2012 Flew Home!!!!!!!

8.6.2012 SSN Received

8.13.2012 Green Card Received

10.4.2012 Passed CA Driver's Test

Timeline

CONGRATULATIONS! How perfect that it came on the 4th of July :dance:

We decided to terminate our apartment least, which requires a 90 day notice - so we have it through September & if for some crazy reason he's still here I guess he'll stay with friends...Still a lot to do, like selling everything we own, but at least we're making progress, albeit extremely slowly. Patience was never my strong suit.

Pre-VISA

German Visa

US VISA

Patience is not my strongest side either, I called USCIS office in Bangkok after 2 weeks of waiting.. I know thats being very impatient! They told us that they approved our I-130 and sent it to US Embassy the day after we submitted our documents. But we still haven't received the official NOA2 letter.

For us, USCIS has been really help full more than we could ask for, so try to call them and see whats happening.

I just hope that when I get to the embassy in Bangkok I will get the same feeling, but so far, they are not anwering e-mails. But as soon as you get your NOA2, everything will move fast!

Good luck!

GirlWithAGerman: Woo-hoo! So glad your wait is finally over!

ljandjl: We need to sell all our furniture, too. It's gonna be such a headache... I hope you get your NOA2 soon!

Our Story:

Oct '06 - He came back to Houston, TX to visit me and ask my parents for my hand in marriage

20 Jun 12 - We went to the Frankfurt Embassy and submitted my I-130 with all accompanying paperwork at window 40. It was looked over immediately and I was sent to pay the fee at window 23. I took the receipt of payment back to window 40 and was given the DS-230 form for Hubby to fill out. Lucky for us, I already had one finished for him. We turned in the DS-230 at window 22 and received our case number and the IV Document Checklist.

Presently, Hubby is back in his native country getting his police report and birth certificate. Upon return, he will update his vac/immunizations and do his Medical Examination. We are waiting for I-864 joint sponsor paperwork to be returned to us, and then we can send everything in with a Request for Interview. We have a target date of mid October to establish residence in the US.

Timeline

DK - where are you? We in the Franken region & there's a great English speaking "buy sell swap" group on facebook - we've gotten rid of a lot of stuff already from that site alone! You might want to see if there's something similar in your area!

Pre-VISA

German Visa

US VISA

DK - where are you? We in the Franken region & there's a great English speaking "buy sell swap" group on facebook - we've gotten rid of a lot of stuff already from that site alone! You might want to see if there's something similar in your area!

I'm about 30 minutes SE of Frankfurt. I would definitely try to see if I can find a similar type of FB group..... How did you find yours? I am already thinking of how difficult it would be for me to try and sell everything since my German is mediocre at best (and my husband's spelling in German is horrible, lol!)

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Our Story:

Timeline

No problem - a coworker of my husband's let us know about the group. We've had some luck with Toytowngermany.com as well - all in all, we've gotten rid of almost 1/2 our things in about a week, so I'm pretty pleased!

Pre-VISA

German Visa

US VISA

I just discovered toytown about 2 hours ago. I can't believe I've lived in Germany for 5 years without it! It would have made my transition/life here so much easier...

Our Story:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.