Dwarf_Ogress

Thanks for the invite!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Howdy!

Thanks for the invite! I am very glad to know that there are more people who have experienced either a K1 or K3 visa with a Jamaican significant other! I am American and I live in Arizona. My sweetheart lives in Jamaica. We are at the starting point and trying to decide which visa would better suit us in regards to the amount of time it would take to bring him here to the States. Originally we had discussed the K1 visa however speaking lately, he voiced his wish for us to marry in December. I am open to either visa avenue I am just a little overwhelmed with it all! I work 2 jobs and attend university part-time so my days are long and a little hectic. I guess I am here hoping to gain some insight as well as a support group. So thanks again for the invite and I look forward to meeting you all!

question: Who else met their Jamaican significant other online and how long was the initial courtship phase before engagement and/or marriage?

Thanks!

Sarah

Welcome Sarah...we are all here to help and support each other. If you haven't already -- go to the Yardies thread pinned at the top of this forum page....

JAMA0001.GIFMindy & Roy

06/08/05 -- I-129f Sent to Nebraska

08/30/05 - Approved

12/02/05 - Interview in Kingston

01/13/06 - Roy flies to Chicago

03/03/06 - Married

03/29/06 - EAD/AOS Sent

06/06/06 - EAD Approved

07/11/06 - AOS Approved - w/o interview

07/17/06 - GC Received....

I-751 - Lifting Conditions

04/01/08 - Sent to Nebraska

04/03/08 - NOA1 Notice Date -- Trans to California

04/14/08 - Received NOA1 in mail

04/14/08 - Check cleared bank

04/24/08 - Biometrics letter received

05/02/08 - Biometrics scheduled

10/10/08 - Card Ordered

10/16/08 - Card received -- DONE!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hi Sarah ;)

Good to see you here.

I met my SO while I was vacationing there almost three years ago. I've been to JA four times and we traveled to Atlantis in the Bahamas one time. I still have not filed yet but plan on going the K-1 route.

As Mindy said come in into the yardies thread and you will find a lot of support and assistance with your visa questions.

Michele

• 10 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Howdy!

Thanks for the invite! I am very glad to know that there are more people who have experienced either a K1 or K3 visa with a Jamaican significant other! I am American and I live in Arizona. My sweetheart lives in Jamaica. We are at the starting point and trying to decide which visa would better suit us in regards to the amount of time it would take to bring him here to the States. Originally we had discussed the K1 visa however speaking lately, he voiced his wish for us to marry in December. I am open to either visa avenue I am just a little overwhelmed with it all! I work 2 jobs and attend university part-time so my days are long and a little hectic. I guess I am here hoping to gain some insight as well as a support group. So thanks again for the invite and I look forward to meeting you all!

question: Who else met their Jamaican significant other online and how long was the initial courtship phase before engagement and/or marriage?

Thanks!

Sarah

Hello Sarah......I met a wonderful Jamaican gentleman online on January 14, 2007......I just came from a 20 yr marriage that was physically, mentally and verbally abusive and had an 18 yo son that was killed in an automobile accident in June 2005. So really, I wasn't looking for another marriage anytime soon......I always said "It would have to be Mr. Right!".......Well I happened to be popping in and out of yahoo chat rooms, scared to really start chatting......When my Mr. Right sent me an instant message.......He asked me to marry him within the next month.......Chatting and seeing each other every day online.....We married on March 17, 2007 in Ocho Rios......After spending nine wonderful days together, he had to return to Cuba to work and I had to return home to the 14yo son I have here.....He is now back in Jamaica due to having a heat stroke at Gitmo......We have been approved for the I-130 and I have recently sent back the AOS fee bill.....Drew sent his DS-3032 Choice of Agent back last week so hopefully we will hear something soon from it.......It scares me about this interview process because I don't really know what they think of online relationships......I hope that they will see that we truly love each other and want to make a life together here in the States with me and my son......Keep in touch!

Tonya

March 17, 2007 Married Ocho Rios, Jamaica

April 12, 2007 Filed I-130 for husband

Vermont Service Center via DHL

May 9, 2007 Automated System says received I-130

May 15, 2007 Received NOA1

July 2, 2007 I-130 Approved (Automated System)

July 9, 2007 Received Approval Notice in mail

August 13, 2007 DS-3032 sent to Andrew & I received AOS bill

August 14, 2007 Paid AOS $70 via DHL

August 21, 2007 Returned DS-3032 from Jamaica via regular mail

September 4, 2007 Received I-864 in mail

September 5, 2007 Returned I-864 via DHL

September 11, 2007 Received DS-3032 Agent of Choice

September 17, 2007 IV Bill Generated

September 20, 2007 Touched (RFE) Missing Documents/Information

They are missing $380 IV Bill which I haven't received as of yet

October 1, 2007 IV Bill Received in the Mail

October 2, 2007 Paid IV Bill via USPS 2nd day delivery

October 3, 2007 IV Bill delivered at 11:07pm to St. Louis P.O. Box

October 5, 2007 IV Bill processed

October 11, 2007 DS-230 Visa Application is scheduled to be mailed this week1111

Sending it to Andrew via DHL International

THE JOURNEY IS COMING TO AN END THAT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS TAKEN FOREVER!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Howdy!

Thanks!

Sarah

Hello Sarah......I met a wonderful Jamaican gentleman online on January 14, 2007......I just came from a 20 yr marriage that was physically, mentally and verbally abusive and had an 18 yo son that was killed in an automobile accident in June 2005. So really, I wasn't looking for another marriage anytime soon......I always said "It would have to be Mr. Right!".......Well I happened to be popping in and out of yahoo chat rooms, scared to really start chatting......When my Mr. Right sent me an instant message.......He asked me to marry him within the next month.......Chatting and seeing each other every day online.....We married on March 17, 2007 in Ocho Rios......After spending nine wonderful days together, he had to return to Cuba to work and I had to return home to the 14yo son I have here.....He is now back in Jamaica due to having a heat stroke at Gitmo......We have been approved for the I-130 and I have recently sent back the AOS fee bill.....Drew sent his DS-3032 Choice of Agent back last week so hopefully we will hear something soon from it.......It scares me about this interview process because I don't really know what they think of online relationships......I hope that they will see that we truly love each other and want to make a life together here in the States with me and my son......Keep in touch!

Tonya

Hey, Tonya.

Good luck to you!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ahhhh..........(tears in my eyes) look how far our little Sarah has come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.