maryzam

Help please, about AOS interview, EAD, and SSN

15 posts in this topic

Hi, I had my biometrics done on January 27, 2012. We got our interview appointment for March 21, but as my husband just got deployed we went to the office and they gave us a chance to have the interview in February 21, I think we did it good, the CO took some copies of our pictures and photo album, and she said that so far was approved but that she didn't have in the file the biometrics results so she had to wait to see on her computer but if everything was ok and they didn't have any questions the AOS was going to be approved that day. I have been taking a look in the USCIS the status of my case and it still says that I am in Initial Review, does this one should have already been change? and so far I haven't get yet my EAD. What you think? Does anybody know if I can use my SSN old card with the restriction (of DHS employment authorization) for my medical and for getting a driver license?Sorry if I am kind of worry is just that being far of hubby and being pregnant makes me panic sometimes.

Thank you so much for your help and good luck on your process.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I had my biometrics done on January 27, 2012. We got our interview appointment for March 21, but as my husband just got deployed we went to the office and they gave us a chance to have the interview in February 21, I think we did it good, the CO took some copies of our pictures and photo album, and she said that so far was approved but that she didn't have in the file the biometrics results so she had to wait to see on her computer but if everything was ok and they didn't have any questions the AOS was going to be approved that day. I have been taking a look in the USCIS the status of my case and it still says that I am in Initial Review, does this one should have already been change? and so far I haven't get yet my EAD. What you think? Does anybody know if I can use my SSN old card with the restriction (of DHS employment authorization) for my medical and for getting a driver license?Sorry if I am kind of worry is just that being far of hubby and being pregnant makes me panic sometimes.

Thank you so much for your help and good luck on your process.

Why hasn't your husband signed you up for tricare medical before he deployed?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

He did but they gave me an ID that expires in April 15 they said they will give me a new one after I got my green card and my SSN.

The SSN part is true but needing a green card for tricare isn't true.

You should be able to go in by yourself and have them add the SSN to the file and I would speak to them / a supervisor in the tricare office about that expiration date.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

The SSN part is true but needing a green card for tricare isn't true.

You should be able to go in by yourself and have them add the SSN to the file and I would speak to them / a supervisor in the tricare office about that expiration date.

Thank you so much for the information I will go to a supervisor this time :yes: I really don't understand why if we are legally married and everything they gave me an id with a very close expiration date.

Timeline

Thank you so much for the information I will go to a supervisor this time :yes: I really don't understand why if we are legally married and everything they gave me an id with a very close expiration date.

They did this for me because I didn't have the SSN yet but once I added the SSN they gave me one with a really far away date on it. But as you say, you guys are married so the green card should not play a roll with tricare, its based on your marriage to military not your green card!

:: also i'm not sure if he can call from where your husband is but if he can try calling the military help line he might be able to get information on your AOS or he could request service on the case due to the fact hes deployed and you guys already had your interview.

1-877-247-4645

Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (CST)

also also - if you have time to write a well written email, send an email to the ombuds person to find out about your case.

OLUInquiries@dhs.gov

Make sure the subject line says AD Military spouse case inquiry and have your case number listed there too.

Edited by Inky

They did this for me because I didn't have the SSN yet but once I added the SSN they gave me one with a really far away date on it. But as you say, you guys are married so the green card should not play a roll with tricare, its based on your marriage to military not your green card!

:: also i'm not sure if he can call from where your husband is but if he can try calling the military help line he might be able to get information on your AOS or he could request service on the case due to the fact hes deployed and you guys already had your interview.

1-877-247-4645

Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. (CST)

also also - if you have time to write a well written email, send an email to the ombuds person to find out about your case.

OLUInquiries@dhs.gov

Make sure the subject line says AD Military spouse case inquiry and have your case number listed there too.

Oooo thats good to know :thumbs: what is the ombuds person?

Timeline

Oooo thats good to know :thumbs: what is the ombuds person?

basically a liaison person that will talk to USCIS and help facilitate the response you want / need.

Filed: Other Timeline

the military has nothing to do with your immigration. they should have not given you a dependent ID with such a close expedition date. I got mine last November and it's good for the next three years and they still don't have my social in their system! all they did wrote my passport # in their system. as soon as you married a military member, you are eligable for tricare, you will be able to sign up yourself with your ID card. just visit your nearest tricare office. sign up before the 15th of this month and your coverage will start on April 1st. they will still treat you on base before, if you need medical assistance, but you wouldn't be able to get off base referrals before April 1st. also make sure you sign up for your dental insurance as well, it is separate from tricare and cost I think 15 dollars/ month. they will give you all the information at the tricare office, but you will need to apply online!(united concordia) go to your DEERS office and ask to speak to a supervisor about your ID card. they should give you another one, which doesn't have such a close experation date. if you have any further questions, just ask or shoot me a PM. I hope, you will get everything sortet out.

Timeline

Dental only costs us 12$/mo but they are changing the contract now for everyone. It wont be with the provider they currently have now.

Dental only costs us 12$/mo but they are changing the contract now for everyone. It wont be with the provider they currently have now.

we will be changing in may to MetLife, but that doesn't really matter right now, because she will still sign up with united Concordia for apil (if she does it right away) plus changing to the is better, because our allowance is higher and they cover white fillings!

Edited by Symply_Me

we will be changing in may to MetLife, but that doesn't really matter right now, because she will still sign up with united Concordia for apil (if she does it right away) plus changing to the is better, because our allowance is higher and they cover white fillings!

Simply_Me I am starting to think that maybe the id depends on the base you are stationed, I am in El Paso Tx, Ft Bliss, where are u stationed?, I am going to try to talk to a manager anyways but at least I want to give references of how other bases work with this cases, I am very worry cause last time we went there my husband told them the importance of giving me an ID cause we are more worry about the baby coming and that everything goes right for him or her during the pregnancy, and the person just told us that basically to receive the medical benefits I needed a current army ID, so we went to the correspondent building to get it and explain them again and showed them my K1 visa and the I-94 and our marriage license and everything, but the person gave me the id just for 3 months and he said that it was all they can did and that anyways it wouldn't take long time to get my adjustment of status, so he said probably you will get it before and you just come in bring a power of attorney your SSN and your green card. I just think that with USCIS you never know cause it takes time, but we will see wish me good luck and hopefully they understand me this time or otherwise I get my green card before my id expires.

Thank you so much Simply_Me I will :thumbs:

good luck and stay stubborn, when you talk to them. sometimes it takes talking to many ppl until somebody knows what's going on. (had to learn that too!) you are right and you know what you need to do and say. if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

One post removed at posting member request due to personal information in the post. I also removed two posts quoting.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.