Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

I went ahead and printed all the things I think will be included in Packet 3

DS-230 part 1

DS-230 part 2

I-864

DS 156

Is there anything else that will be sent with it

Also for his interview, will he need a criminal record if he is in Mexico?

2010-02-08 Filed I-130 through Ca. Service center

2010-13-08 NOA 1 Received

2010-02-11 I-130 transferred to Tx. Service Center

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Check these links:

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhivfi.html

http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/wwwhiv...ml#fiancepacket

POLICE CERTIFICATES

Police certificates are required from every visa applicant aged 16 years or over for each locality of the country of the applicant’s nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since

attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has

resided for at least one year. Generally, application for such certificates should be made directly to police

authorities in the district in which you resided. If you have any questions about where or how to apply for police

certificates in other countries, you may communicate directly with the U.S. consular office processing your visa

applications.

From DS1083 - you'll find it by clicking on the links above.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

DS-230 part 1

DS-230 part 2

I-864

DS 156

You can get the fiance packet for CDJ directly from their website. You don't need the first three items on your list.

http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/ww...ml#fiancepacket

Timeline

And instead of I-864, use I-134.

DS-230 part 1

DS-230 part 2

I-864

DS 156

You can get the fiance packet for CDJ directly from their website. You don't need the first three items on your list.

http://usembassy.state.gov/CiudadJuarez/ww...ml#fiancepacket

kitkat, I think DS-230 part 1 will be needed - it's part of the forms listed on their website.

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline
kitkat, I think DS-230 part 1 will be needed - it's part of the forms listed on their website.

Not for the K1 - only for immigrant visas. Also, they don't use the I-134 - they use their own Form OF-167 although you can use the I-134 to make it easier. Also, no police records necessary for MX.

Fiancée Packet

Fee Information, form CDJ 446

Instructions, form CDJ 400 (Eng/Span)

Statement of Intent to Marry, form CDJ 402

Form DS-156K

Form CDJ 430 (Eng/Span)

Medical Examination Instructions, form Mexwide 202 K (Eng/Span)

Public Charge Information, formOF-167 (Eng/Span)

Timeline

Oh, d'oh! This is for me to learn to read stuff! Thanks for correcting me.

Oh, and to the OP, my apologies...

Edited by Mew

Timeline (incompleta)

Timeline

So I won't need an affdavit of support?

2010-24-11 Notified by email TSC has received our petition and has begun processing it

Timeline
So I won't need an affdavit of support?

Read the form OF-167 in the fiance packet on the CDJ website.

They don't use the form I-134 but you are still required to prove that your fiance will not become a public charge.

Timeline

i know but my parents were going to co-sponsor because I'm a full time student and don't make enough money right now to meet the poverty guidelines. how would i go about that....just include them into it?

Timeline

If the form doesn't make it clear, I suggest you email your questions directly to the consulate.

Timeline

Ok thank you! :)

Filed: Timeline

kitkat,

Are you sure that DS-230-I is not used for the K visas? If Juarez doesn't it will be the first post I've heard of to not use it.

Form OF-167 (now DS-2000) is just an informational form, as your post indicates. And I observe that in addition to continuing to use the old designation the version used by Juarez is abbreviated. Anyway, it's good to see it pointed out that this is the form that sets for the requirements for meeting the public charge provisions, not the I-134, and that I-134 is not a requirement but an option at the discretion of the consular officer.

Please update us and let us know what forms and documentation are asked of you once you've had your interview.

Yodrak

Not for the K1 - only for immigrant visas. Also, they don't use the I-134 - they use their own Form OF-167 although you can use the I-134 to make it easier. Also, no police records necessary for MX.

Fiancée Packet

Fee Information, form CDJ 446

Instructions, form CDJ 400 (Eng/Span)

Statement of Intent to Marry, form CDJ 402

Form DS-156K

Form CDJ 430 (Eng/Span)

Medical Examination Instructions, form Mexwide 202 K (Eng/Span)

Public Charge Information, formOF-167 (Eng/Span)

Timeline
kitkat,

Are you sure that DS-230-I is not used for the K visas? If Juarez doesn't it will be the first post I've heard of to not use it.

hhmm - well I haven't received the actual fiance packet yet - hopefully it will arrive shortly and I can confirm the contents. But from everything listed on their website under "fiance packet" the DS-230 is NOT included. I'll post when I am able to confirm 100%

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

kitkat,

hhmm - well I haven't received the actual fiance packet yet - hopefully it will arrive shortly and I can confirm the contents. But from everything listed on their website under "fiance packet" the DS-230 is NOT included. I'll post when I am able to confirm 100%

Update - just confirming as I have now received the fiance packet from Ciudad Juarez. The DS-230 is NOT required for K1 visas in Ciudad Juarez. Everything required is on their website.

Filed: Timeline

kitkat,

Thanks for posting the update.

Yodrak

kitkat,

Update - just confirming as I have now received the fiance packet from Ciudad Juarez. The DS-230 is NOT required for K1 visas in Ciudad Juarez. Everything required is on their website.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.