Aneel

AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT- sponsor and joint sponsor

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello all,

As a petitioner sponsoring my spouse with uncle co-sponsoring, I would like know what would I put on my I-864 in part 3 boxes and what would the co-sponsor check on part 3 boxes.

Part 5 question 21 on I-864--Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit: should I leave it as 0 even though I am married for the purpose of tallying it correctly or should I put 1 and not count it in total.

As for a co-sponsor-what would he put from a-thru-h for question 21 part 5.

My co-sponsor owns a business so he is self-employed. I have asked him for the following supporting docs:

1. Last three years of tax return along with all the schedules or whatever he has filed in his return.

2. Business license

3. A copy of his US passport just the biographic info page.

Is this sufficient?

casetimeline_Page_1-1.jpg

casetimeline_Page_2-2.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

yes u gotta be careful about the tax papers make sure u be well prepared and i got 221G due to sponsor issue since everyone has started to file so u need to have that too to be on the safe Side u would need i-134 when going for interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Mohsin,

I don't think I need that since I am not a K-1 petitioner. I am applying IR 1/CR 1 immigrant Visa after having I-130 approved for my spouse in Pakistan. I-134 is for non-immigrant petitioners such as K-1/K-3 (Fiance').

If my uncle has filed the 2011 tax return before mailing the AoS docs, I will definitely include that as well. If not, I will just send it to my wife later to take along at the time of the interview.

casetimeline_Page_1-1.jpg

casetimeline_Page_2-2.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Here is the guideance taken directly from the USCIS website:

All sponsors must submit the following documentation with their I-864:

• Proof of current employment or self employment
  • A photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax return for your most recent tax year, or an explanation if it is not submitted. Your W-2s and/or 1099 forms may also be required, see the I-864 instructions for details.

You may also, at your option, submit a photocopy or an Internal Revenue Service-issued transcript of your complete Federal income tax returns for your second and third most recent tax years if you believe these additional tax returns may help you establish the ability to maintain your household income at the governing threshold set forth in Form I-864P, Poverty Guidelines.

Edited by worth_the_wait

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.