Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

k2 requirements

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

No CENOMAR is not required for K-2 applicants.

K-2 Visa Requirements:


Two (2) Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (prepared in duplicate).

NOTE: K-1/K-2 visa applicants should not fill in Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application

One (1) Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K

One (1) Application For Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration, Form DS-230,

Part I (You are not required to complete Part II.)

A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions)

Divorce or death certificate(s) of any previous spouse(s) for both you and the U.S. citizen sponsor

Police certificates from your present country of residence and all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more since age 16 (Police certificates are also required for accompanying children age 16 or older)

Medical examination

Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, may be requested)

Two (2) 2x2 photographs. See the required photo format explained in Photograph Requirements

Evidence of relationship with your U.S. citizen fiancé(e)

Payment of Visa Application fees

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi Vjs has anyone here who has a k2 to follow age 15 yo, is CENOMAR needed? as still under age.

thanks for your replies

nop sis ur son dont need cenomar or nbi kc 15 lang namn sya..:)

May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any requirements from the other parent? I thought a letter from the other parent giving permission to travel was required. My Fiancee is having trouble finding her daughter's father as he is from Korea and she is from the Philippines. Is this required? And if so, what can we do if we can not locate the father? Also, they were not married before. Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.