WeatherEmperor

Received letter from Consulate

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

After all the confusion and a phone call from a CO at 4am, I am happy to report that we have received a document from the Consulate that requests we update the Police and Medical papers. From past experiences, it would appear that this is the final indicator that a pink slip is coming after we submit the documents. Although Thu never received the document in the mail, the CO that I spoke with was very nice to email it to Thu and myself. I generally had a negative opinion of the HCMC Consulate but now I feel pretty good about them because there are a handful of CO's like the one I spoke with that went out of his way to make sure that we were satisfied with their service and that we had that document emailed to us right away. I give him two thumbs up for that effort :thumbs: :thumbs:

Anyways, the document was printed on a regular blue slip and it states the following:

"The Consulate General is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible under the following section(s) of the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended: Section 221 (g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone who has failed to present the documents required in connection with the visa application, or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petitionable relationship. The following remarks apply in your case.

* Please provide a police certificate from the Department of Justice office.

* Please submit your medical examination results.

* R-1: Please turn in the requested documents (and an English translation of each document, if applicable) with this form at Window B, Immigrant Visa Unit on any working day between 13:00 and 14:00, (entry at 12:30). Please do not submit anything until you have ALL of the items requested. If you do not submit ALL of the requested items at the same time, processing delays will result. Consular officers will not make a decision on your case until all of the items we requested are submitted. If you are unable to obtain a requested item, submit a written explanation. Please label, itemize and retain copies of all materials submitted."

The document was signed and dated Feb 28, 2012...which means that the CO that I spoke with on the phone literally created this after our conversation and emailed it to Thu and myself. He even told me that our case is now finished with the investigations and after we submit the documents, we are "good to go". This is the biggest indication that a pink slip is coming. Forgive my frustration from last night that I posted in the AP thread. All the frustration was building inside me like a pressure cooker and it just came out. Both of us feel soooo relieved right now...but we still have work to do. I suppose this document is kinda like the unofficial pink slip because we know once we submit them, we will get the pink. Thu is equipped with PLENTY of coffee money so she should get the medical and police papers within a few days. Now that the worst is behind us, we can finally prepare for the pink slip. I will update you guys as soon as that happens. Thanks for all your support!!!

Edited by WeatherEmperor

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Congrats! It looks like you are ready to finally pick her up at the airport!!!

K-1 Visa

I-129F application received at USCIS: November 30, 2010

I-129F approved: March 28, 2011

Packet 3 Received: April 11, 2011

Packet 3 forms submitted to Consulate: May 4, 2011

Packet 4 received: June 16th, 2011

Interview date: July 25, 2011 (Pink!)

Pick up Visa: August 1, 2011

POE: August 5th, 2001 (Woot!)

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Congratulations. You're in the home stretch now.

I actually kind of appreciate the fact that the investigators do all they can to weed out the fraudulent cases. Once you win them over with the facts you can actually notice their attitudes change.

Timeline

Thank you everyone including Scott and Curtis. This literally was an emotional roller coaster. Thu is on a mission to get the medical updated. She actually took the initiative in January to update the police paper at that time. So technically speaking all we need to update is the medical paper. She used IOM the first time and she said that they are very smooth but just in case something happens she always has Cho Ray as an option. She also has plenty of coffee money just in case they have a hard time finding an available slot in their appointment books :whistle:

Now, once she submits the police and medical paper what happens next? Will she get the pink slip in the mail or will she receive another letter asking her to pick up the pink at the Consulate?

K1 Visa Stage
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.

Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Now, once she submits the police and medical paper what happens next? Will she get the pink slip in the mail or will she receive another letter asking her to pick up the pink at the Consulate?

After she submits the papers she will receive a letter from the consulate asking her to submit her passport to the consulate and to pay the EMS fee.

Timeline

After she submits the papers she will receive a letter from the consulate asking her to submit her passport to the consulate and to pay the EMS fee.

Oh boy, I have to worry about another letter getting lost in the mail. I guess after she submits the police and medical papers, I will have to call DOS every day to find out when they send the letter asking for the passport. So they send a letter requesting the passport and EMS fee but no pink paper? Interesting....

How long does it usually take before they send out the letter when they ask for the passport? Maybe a week or so?

Edited by WeatherEmperor

K1 Visa Stage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.