scooby06

proof I did not intend to stay

6 posts in this topic

Do I need a letter from my former Employer (when I lived in my homecountry) to verify that I worked there when I went to visit the USA as a tourist with a coworker.

I just want to make sure they can’t say I came here with intend to stay. Would this help as it would show I had a job and intend to return to my home country?

I asked my Lawyer about that. He thinks because I lived with my husband several years together before we got married it would indicate that I wasn’t planning to immigrate. Some one else told me I would be fine because of a 30-60-90 day rule?

Sep. 19-06 send AOS papers

Oct. 02-06 received NOS of papers

Oct. 02-06 received Biometric appointment letter

Oct. 11-06 Biometric appointment

Oct. 12-06 RFE for I-485

Dec. 05-06 USCIS recived RFE package

Dec. 15-06 Recived Email EAD approved.

Dec. 21-06 Recived EAD card in mail

Jan. 05-07 send AR-11 to HLS

Feb. 12-07 Recived SS card in mail

Mar. 09-07 Recived USCIS updat notification on change of address (at new address)

Aug. 01-07 Interview date

Aug. 01-07 Interview in Memphis. Approved

Aug. 12-07 Conditional GC in mail

May 01 -2009 Start of Removing Conditon of Residancy send I-751 off

May. 04-09 I-751 package deliverd at USCIS Vermont

May. 16-09 NOA for I-751

May. 29-09 recived Biometric appointment letter

Jun. 09-09 Biometric Appointment

Oct. 13-09 Letter arrived. Approved

Oct. 26-09 10 Year GC in mail

May 04 - 2010 Start of Natruralization process sent N-400

May 06 - 10 N-400 delivered to Uscis Texas

May 18 - 10 recived NOA

Jun. 14 - 10 Biometric appointment

Aug. 11 - 10 Interview appointment

Spt. 29 - 10 Oath letter asrrived

Oct. 21- 10 I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN

Filed: Timeline

scooby06,

Did you stay in the USA when you came to visit? Or did you retun home and have since come back to the USA.

People routinely suggest that a letter from an employer, showing that one has a job, is good evidence of one's intent to leave the USA and return home. Yet the issue is not what the employer expects you to do, the issue is what do you intend to do. It takes only 1 short phone call or e-mail after passing through the immigration desk at the POE to tell the employer 'Boss, I quit - fooled both you and the CBP officer.'

Yodrak

Do I need a letter from my former Employer (when I lived in my homecountry) to verify that I worked there when I went to visit the USA as a tourist with a coworker.

I just want to make sure they can't say I came here with intend to stay. Would this help as it would show I had a job and intend to return to my home country?

Only evidence I had that I intended to return to the UK was my flight ticket.... I was not asked for any proof at our interview...

but I guess a letter from your last employer would not hurt to have just incase you are asked about it at interview...

Kezzie

scooby06,

Did you stay in the USA when you came to visit? Or did you retun home and have since come back to the USA.

People routinely suggest that a letter from an employer, showing that one has a job, is good evidence of one's intent to leave the USA and return home. Yet the issue is not what the employer expects you to do, the issue is what do you intend to do. It takes only 1 short phone call or e-mail after passing through the immigration desk at the POE to tell the employer 'Boss, I quit - fooled both you and the CBP officer.'

Yodrak

I’m not trying to fool anyone. And I currently would not dear to do so. I just want to make sure I have all the things I need.

I came here on vacation. When I meat my husband my heart just opened up and I felt full of life like never before. Love is a wonderful thing and makes you realize you can not live with out it. When my vacation was over I just could not get into the airplane. All I wanted was to be with my man. Since then we have been living together and I never left the USA.

Sep. 19-06 send AOS papers

Oct. 02-06 received NOS of papers

Oct. 02-06 received Biometric appointment letter

Oct. 11-06 Biometric appointment

Oct. 12-06 RFE for I-485

Dec. 05-06 USCIS recived RFE package

Dec. 15-06 Recived Email EAD approved.

Dec. 21-06 Recived EAD card in mail

Jan. 05-07 send AR-11 to HLS

Feb. 12-07 Recived SS card in mail

Mar. 09-07 Recived USCIS updat notification on change of address (at new address)

Aug. 01-07 Interview date

Aug. 01-07 Interview in Memphis. Approved

Aug. 12-07 Conditional GC in mail

May 01 -2009 Start of Removing Conditon of Residancy send I-751 off

May. 04-09 I-751 package deliverd at USCIS Vermont

May. 16-09 NOA for I-751

May. 29-09 recived Biometric appointment letter

Jun. 09-09 Biometric Appointment

Oct. 13-09 Letter arrived. Approved

Oct. 26-09 10 Year GC in mail

May 04 - 2010 Start of Natruralization process sent N-400

May 06 - 10 N-400 delivered to Uscis Texas

May 18 - 10 recived NOA

Jun. 14 - 10 Biometric appointment

Aug. 11 - 10 Interview appointment

Spt. 29 - 10 Oath letter asrrived

Oct. 21- 10 I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN

I just want to make sure they can’t say I came here with intend to stay. Would this help as it would show I had a job and intend to return to my home country?

I asked my Lawyer about that. He thinks because I lived with my husband several years together before we got married it would indicate that I wasn’t planning to immigrate. Some one else told me I would be fine because of a 30-60-90 day rule?

Immigration and marriage do not necessarily go hand in hand. Remaining in the country when one has entered on a tourist visa, is the intent that is in question. Did you have a home/flat/apartment/house in your home country? What was its disposition when you left for vacation?

"diaddie mermaid"

You can 'catch' me on here and on FBI.

scooby,

I was being facetious, I did not intend to suggest that you personally were trying to fool anyone.

But you prove my point - you had a job that your employer expected you to return to but it was a weaker tie than your tie to the USA, and you gave it up in a flash. So much for one's job as a reason to return home when one has a love in the USA.

And you are in an excellent position if I understand you correctly - you did not know your husband when you entered the USA, you met him after you entered while you were here on vacation, yes? That's the key to your success.

Yodrak

scooby06,

Yodrak

I'm not trying to fool anyone. And I currently would not dear to do so. I just want to make sure I have all the things I need.

I came here on vacation. When I meat my husband my heart just opened up and I felt full of life like never before. Love is a wonderful thing and makes you realize you can not live with out it. When my vacation was over I just could not get into the airplane. All I wanted was to be with my man. Since then we have been living together and I never left the USA.

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.