bobargenis

Peru K1 Processing

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hey Ladies and Gents; I have a question. My sweetheart got the NOA2 approval, I know the following processing procedures with the State Department. My question is what are the required paperwork at Lima, Peru. I wont be there, but I know there will be some required certificates, pics and other medical issues to be supplied. How much have you guys spent and was what required and longevity? What should she expect? How much should I advance in money?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Bringing Family Members of Permanent Residents to America to Latin & South America, Mexico & the Caribbean regional forum.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi!

Well aproximately my husband spent around 1500 soles (for NVC, medical test, vacinations, postal service) maybe a little bit more.

Good Luck!!!! :) :)

Teddy and Pika

26, November 2009: Teddy meet me in Peru for the 1st time!!
04, April 2010: Our Engagement ♥♥
16, March 2011: We got Married!!! :) :)

27, May 2011: I-130 Sent
31, May 2011: I-130 NOA1
13, September 2011: I-130 APPROVED!!
06, October 2011: NVC Received package
23, October 2011: NVC send Instruction Package
29, November 2011: Case completed at NVC
02, January 2012: Medical Test
11, January 2012: Interview date - APPROVED!!! YAY!!!!! :) :) :)
14, January 2012: VISA in hand!!! YAYYYYY!!!
11, March 2012: My Teddy picks me up!!
14, March 2012: Date of travel to USA!!! Finally with my Teddy ♥♥♥♥
10, April 2012: Social Security Card Received yay!!
13, April 2012: Welcome Letter Received :) :)
17, April 2012: Green Card Received :) :) :) :)

18, June 2012: I'm 7 weeks pregnant!!! and we saw our TeddyPika baby on
the ultrasound for the 1st time!!!! :)♥♥ Yay!!
16, July 2012: We bought my car!!! yay!! :) :)
13, August 2012: 14 Weeks pregnant and the wonderful ultrasound! It's a baby boy!
16, August 2012: Got my Florida Driver License!! Finally! :) :)
24, July 2014: Green Card conditions done!!!! No interview needed!! Yay! :dancing:

09, September 2014: 10 weeks pregnant! Baby #2 is on the way!!! (L)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Man, it's been years, so my memory is really cloudy, but I do remember that my wife (then fiancee) and I ran around getting the following things:

A copy of her birth certificate, which you have to get legalized by RENIEC

A copy of her police files from the PNP

Ancedentes Judiciales from the PJ

Ancedentes Penales from the INPE

The medical exam from one of the doctors on the list that will be given to him/her. She should run around getting all her vaccination documentation for this if you don't want to end up having him/her pay to get vaccinated for a bunch of things all over again, which I did.

Again, I was doing this in 2009, so I may have forgotten something or times may have changed. Hunt around for information on the Lima Packet here.

Timeline

appointment letter (information in spanish)

- Instrucciones para los solicitantes de visa de novios.(2pag)

- Form. DS - 156 (2pag)--K-1 visa

- Informacion General para visas de Novias/Novios (2pag)

- Form. DS-156(k) (4pag)--May need to download;not always included in packet

- Evidencia que podra presentar para demostrar que no se convierte en carga

publica (3pag)

- Affidavit of support (3pag) (Form I-134)

- DS-157

Most forms are listed as required, but need to be downloaded...a VERY outdated I-134 was in our packet.

Packet four includes information on the medical exam, historia clinica, DS-230 in case of Married Immigrant Visa.

S/.300 soles (approx 110 USD) for adults

S/.180 soles for children under 14 (70 USD approx)

Vaccines are a separate cost (approximately $140 USD)

Make your medical appointment after receipt of interview appointment letter. Must be done in this order.

List of doctors? Dr. Sandro Corigliano

Address: Clínica Anglo Americana | Av. Alfredo Salazar 350, San Isidro

Telephone: 222-2192, 616-8900 x1450, 1451 & 1458

Office hours: Tuesday & Thursday, from 8:30am to 11:30am; Monday & Friday, from 3:00pm to 5:30pm

Dra. Viviana Mélinchon

Address: Paseo de la República 6065, San Antonio, Miraflores

Telephone: 447-3654 y 981-036-823

Office hours: Monday to Friday, from 10:00am to 1:00pm & from 3:00pm to 7:00pm; Saturday, from 10:00am to 1:00pm

How many Passport Photo's Required for the medical? 3

How many Passport Photo's Required at the interview? 2

This is all from the Peru Embassy portal found on this site.

Good luck, we are preparing everything now. Did the embassy already get your petition? We are just waiting for the packet now.

Timeline

Man, it's been years, so my memory is really cloudy, but I do remember that my wife (then fiancee) and I ran around getting the following things:

A copy of her birth certificate, which you have to get legalized by RENIEC

A copy of her police files from the PNP

Ancedentes Judiciales from the PJ

Ancedentes Penales from the INPE

The medical exam from one of the doctors on the list that will be given to him/her. She should run around getting all her vaccination documentation for this if you don't want to end up having him/her pay to get vaccinated for a bunch of things all over again, which I did.

Again, I was doing this in 2009, so I may have forgotten something or times may have changed. Hunt around for information on the Lima Packet here.

This is good advice. I have the list for the Lima Packet.

Medical process

Beware of being pressured to buy the vaccinations from the panel physician- inflated prices! In various threads and posts here I have exposed the vaccination fraud in Lima- Melichón is a prime offender. I filed a complaint against her with consular officials. Most of the vaccinations on the list are available for free at MINSA or at a reduced costs at INS. MINSA sent me a list of their free vaccinations.

The documents required from the packet

If you would like the list of docs from November 2011, I am happy to send it to you.

The rush

The consulate in Lima contacted my fiancée on October 22, 2011, telling her to bring all of those documents to a November 2, 2011 interview. What a panic! Get those documents ready in advance if you can. Too bad, you will not be able to attend the interview for moral support, to advocate, or to fill in the blanks for your fianc(e)e. I regret not having gone.

The interview

As of November 2011, 2 persons interview the K1 beneficiary separately. They asked "where did you meet, when did you meet, what is your fiance's name, where does your fiance live, how many times have you both been together in person, etc?" A consular official telephoned me in the US and asked me for documentary evidence like Western Union receipts, emails, cards, and anything substantiating a relationship. I had included those docs already with my 1-129F but it had been pushed to the back of the file. So, get those docs together as organized as possible and ask your fianc(e)e to make sure to make reference to those docs at the interview.

The costs

The visa issuance fee is $300 USD + $100 for the exam + those above gov't background docs + any vaccinations that are not free= $500+ USD Ouch! If you are unwary, the panel physician could scam you for $100+ USD for vaccinations available for free at MINSA.

Congrats and good luck!

Edited by aguilayserpiente

May 14, 2011 Mailed K1 Petition to Lewisville, Texas Lockbox

May 18, 2011 Notice of Receipt via email

May 18, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to California Service Center

May 19, 2011 Notice of Receipt from Laguna Niguel, California, Service Center

August 2, 2011 Request for Evidence

August 31, 2011 Evidence tendered to Laguna Niguel, Service Center

September 14, 2011 Notice of Action, "Petition approved."

September 29, 2011 Notice Petition forwarded to embassy in Lima, from National Visa Center, Portsmouth, NH,

October 3, 2011, email sent to embassy in Lima, re: change of address for fiancée.

October 5, 2011 email response from embassy in Lima, re: procedure for change of address

October 22, 2011 received packet from embassy in Lima with Nov. 2, 2011 appointment date.

November 2, 2011 finacée interviewed by consular staff in Lima.

November 2, 2011 Yellow sheet issued requesting more information.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.