Sveta & Ron

passports

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

i had priced a 45' shipping container to odessa for 2500.00 per qoute this includes everything but ukraine taxes

I think that shipping cars is a little different than simply putting everything in a container, though. You don't just drive your car onto a moving van and ship it that way when you move from place to place in the US. A car weighs TONS. I believe, although I am not in the shipping business, that they would be driven onto a special carrier, etc.

But listen to what Gary said: prepare for her life HERE, and then think about Ukraine. I mean, otherwise, why bother with this process at all? Just go to Ukraine on a 90-day visa, get married, and adjust for permanent residency there. (Although frankly I think this would be a mistake.)

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i had priced a 45' shipping container to odessa for 2500.00 per qoute this includes everything but ukraine taxes

Don't know what it would cost but I built the facility that would unload it.

Why would you not just buy a truck in Ukraine? They DO have them there. You could buy a "Zil" if you want to feel like a native. :rofl: Seriously what most of us have found here is that shipping things into Ukraine does not save any money. If you can buy stuff here and just bring it in with a suitcase when you visit...oh yeah! THAT works.

Take one thing at a time. My suggestion? Give it four years, she will be a citizen and you can do and live where ever you like and she always keeps her citizenship. She can forget to mention it to Ukraine. Oops. It happens. Things change, believe me.

By then she will know and you both will know what you want to do. You can then become a Ukraine resident fairly easily and you can both come back here anytime you want. Go for the biggest opportunity

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

I'm curious where you're going to store the contents of a 45' shipping container. Most flats over there are really small and the average American has way more "stuff" than would fit in a European apartment. Even buying a "mansion" over there would seem relatively small compared to what we're accustomed to.

And if you take an American car there... it'll get stolen!

Good luck with the whole endeavor. I've thought long and hard about heading over there myself to set up a new life in that part of the world. But, at the end of the day, nothing beats the good ol' US of A. And as Gary's pointed out, your girl may just change her mind about it all too. My wife showed up with the "Everything is better in Russia. I hate America." Attitude and now she's sitting on the blue passport and full citizenship. Hasn't even been back to her native fatherland and doesn't have any plans to. Why? Because she's American now. Retire in Russia/Ukraine? That'll never happen as long as there are islands in the Caribbean!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.