Aneel

Ist it Allowed to have 2 Joint-Sponsors in I-864

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hello,

I am between jobs right now so I am requiring the assistance of my family to help me with sponsoring my wife. I would like to know since my income is zero but dad who lives in the same house has offered to become my household joint sponsor but I don't think his income alone will satisfy the 125% poverty level.

Could the rest be fulfilled by having my uncle who lives in Florida to become a additional joint-sponsor.

Is that possible.

We are a family of 6. husband, wife and 4 kids.

Is it allowed to have a 2 joint sponsors? One from the household member and the other from outside joint-sponsor. In the form I-1864 there is options/checkboxes to indicate I can. Also, during the last five years he has worked, He has almost 95% out of his 34K of his earnings into 457b plan for retirement. So, his withheld income is between $5,000-$6,000 for the last five years. On, I-864A, what number am I supposed to indicate the total income or the income on which he paid taxes. I am very confused about that. Option B: Or I could just simply have one joint sponsor i.e my Uncle who is self employed and owns a business in Palm Beaches. I know his income from net profit will be enough to sponsor our family + 3 of them. (BTW- I only owe 65 K on my house. The value of the house is worth 150-160K. I have about lets say 10K in the bank.) My Dad has 150K in <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

casetimeline_Page_1-1.jpg

casetimeline_Page_2-2.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

You can only have 2 joint sponsors when there is more than 1 intending immigrant (for example if your spouse has children that will immigrate with them). The first joint sponsor can only be responsible for some of the intending immigrants and the other would be responsible for the rest.

Taken from the instruction form: "A joint sponsor must be able to meet the income requirements for all the persons he or she is sponsoring without combining resources with the petitioning sponsor or a second joint sponsor."

Hope this info clears it up for you.

Edited by Clark--Kent

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.