sonicgihad

How realistic is it to get all the manila portion of the visa pricess done in 3-4 weeks?

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you have everything ready, it should be possible. My fiancee just had the interview, but when we booked it there were openings just a few days in the future. Of course, you still have to wait for the visa to arrive, and that is mostly out of your control.

If you wife has had an annulment, and the SLEC requires her to have a psychological exam it will take 3 weeks to gt the results back so you need to take that into consideration when planning your time line if applicable.

Our time line:

-----------

11-2-09 Met for the first time

11-3-09 Went to dinner to celebrate my birthday

11-18-09 Officially became bf/gf.

11-22-09 Went back to the States

1-1-10 Talked to her father on the phone queried about my intentions. Told him I intended to marry her.

10-8-10 2nd Trip back to Philippines

10-10-10 Proposed to her ... She said YES!

10-16-10 Meet her parents and family in the province for the first time

10-25-10 Returned to States

11-2010 Started her annulment process

1-4-11 Free to marry within the country

2-8-11 3rd trip to Philippines

2-10-11 Annulment process complete (can file for US visas now)

4-27-11 Got Married

5-30-11 Finally received marriage contract from priest

6-4-11 Discovered we needed to get an electronic endorsement of our marriage contract submitted

6-22-11 Finally got updated CENOMAR to show annulment of previous marriage

7-29-11 Finally had to say good bye and leave the Philippines after 6 months

8-18-11 Submitted CR-1 pkg to visa service agency

9-9-11 After a thorough review and obtaining additional docs, finally mailed our pkg to USCIS.

9-12-11 NOA1 received

3-14-12 USCIS approved our I-130

3-17-12 NOA2 received

NVC:

3-19-12 Package acknowledged by NVC.

4-3-12 NVC enters our package into their system and generates our case#

4-4-12 AOS pmt made

Manila Embassy

4-9-12 Petition US Embassy Manila to expedite since I will be in country

5-23-12 Interview at US Embassy - approved

5-31-12 Visa in Hand

6-6-12 Len Arrives!!!!! in the US via Chicago to Houston

Not very likely. A month for our approved K1 to go from the California service center to the NVC. A week before the NVC opened, processed and sent it off to Manila. Three weeks until the interview once we had the case number. Then we were lucky and got the visa delivered only 2.5 weeks after the interview. Many at that time were waiting a lot longer. Ours was actually one of the faster processed ones last summer and it was almost two and half months between NOA2 and visa being received.

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-06-28

NVC Received : 2011-07-28

NVC Left : 2011-08-01

Packet 4 Received : 2011-08-03

Interview Date : 2011-08-25

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2011-09-03

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not very likely. After the packet is sent to the embassy - maybe, as long as you have the medical, and all documents done.

NVC send our packet to Manila on Feb 16th, I called and got the MNL # on Feb 17th, Fiancee already has all the documents and we could have got an interview date for next week, so aside from waiting for the visa to be delivered we could have been done by the end of February.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Do you like to gamble ? If you do, get the MNL# book your medical and then your interview but make sure your interview is a week after your medical. Get everything else you need and then show up. I doubt you will succeed in 3 weeks but maybe 4.

For our piece of mind, we took our time. We were approved in 6 weeks and we could have knocked a week off if we tried. Now we are waiting on the Visa and that takes a minimum of 5 business days. Some people go through all kinds of delays even getting approved. I think one reason our process went so smooth is because there were no children involved and all our paper work was in order and my fiancee knew me very well. We practiced and she had an answer for evrything :dance::dance::dance:

Timeline

I'll be back home the second week of april. if not for an RFE 2 weeks ago we are probably well on our way now. It would be so cool if she could come with me when i go back to the states in mid to late april!

Once NVC receives the case, how realistic is it to get everything done in 3 to 4 weeks?

VAs soon as you get your Case number from NVC pay your fee and schedule your appointment. Make sure you allow enough time to get your medical at least 3-4 days before the interview. You don't have to wait on Manila to receive the packet, the bulk of the info is transmitted electronically as soon as NVC assigns it a case number. But if your package has in transit you should be able to have your interview in a minimum of 3 weeks. We had our medical and were done with the interview in less than a month after the day NVC assigned a case number.

And on Edit to Hanks point, I did not include the time waiting on VISA to be delivered in that time frame. You can factor in another 7-10 business days for that normally.

Edited by scruffydog

Timeline

Definitely possible... take a look at my timeline :star::yes::star:

P.S.

If you have gathered all documents before the NOA2 Approval and sent them to your fiancee ASAP, she has to be healthy too :D So, if nothing goes wrong with the medical it is definitely possible to be done in 3-4 wks. :D :D :D

Edited by mcastilloRN

04/03/2003 - Officially in a relationship (Highschool school mates @ Bacolod City, Philippines)

09/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

09/12/2011 - I-129F Delivered at 10:41 am in LEWISVILLE, TX 75067 signed for by J ARTHUR.

09/14/2011 - NOA1 Received via text and e-mail (forwarded to California Service Center)

09/17/2011 - NOA1 Hardcopy received, dated 09/14/2011.

02/01/2012 - NOA2! (4 months, 2 weeks & 4 days after NOA1)

02/04/2012 - NOA2 Hardcopy received, dated 02/01/2012.

02/06/2012 - NVC Received

02/09/2012 - NVC Left

02/13/2012 - MNL Consulate Received

02/16-17/2012 - MEDICAL PASSED! Thank You Lord!

02/21/2012 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!

02/29/12 - VISA Received

03/20/12 - Flight to US - POE: Las Vegas, NV

A4ZHvPN.jpgA4ZHm8.png

8C8Wm8.png

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Definitely possible... take a look at my timeline :star::yes::star:

P.S.

If you have gathered all documents before the NOA2 Approval and sent them to your fiancee ASAP, she has to be healthy too :D So, if nothing goes wrong with the medical it is definitely possible to be done in 3-4 wks. :D :D :D

:thumbs::thumbs:

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

We got our NOA2 on 9-23. The NVC issues our MNL case number on 10-12 and we had our interview and were approved on 11-03. A little over 5 weeks from NOA2 to Approval. Once you have MNL you can really move.

Timeline

Thanx Guys! This is good news! Now I just need to get pass my RFE but was hoping my Senator could speed things up next week since CSC made an error in reading my divorce decree.

a week after your approval you can start calling nvc.

Edited by Impatient Cupcake

i-129f sent - 5/25/11

noa1 - 6/1/2011

approved! - 1/26/2012

23h2kc4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.