Mandy&PJ

Interview in London

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All

I feel so sad and let down!! I have done everything right to date.

In a nutshell is goes a little like this:

Medical - 7th Feb

Sent all forms to Embassy on 7th Feb

Medical received by Embassy on 9th Feb

I called the Embassy yesterday (21 Feb) just to see if everything was in order and asked when I was likely to hear re an interview date.

It turns out I missed my interview which was scheduled for the 17 February 2012 at 8am in London. Nothing was received in the post (I was even at home running to the post and have my family on alert to give me my post pronto). The man on the phone had the this don't sound too good tone - truly heartbreaking!! he gave me a special ref and email address to explain my situation. Has anyone ever been in or heard of a similar situation? would have have to wait months on end for a new date? also is it normal for the interview date to be scheduled so soon after receiving all papers (i thought they give you at least a months notice - I only would have been given less than 4 days notice should i have received my letter on say on the 10th February. in any event I would have attending on the 17th Feb if i knew about it!!

For the record - I have emailed them as advised and am now sitting here at work feeling so worried and sad. :help:

oh and to top things off - my fiance was with me all last week here in London - we could have been together at the interview!! such a low blow!! :crying:

advice anyone! please? :(

Thanks all x

Timeline

I don't have any experience with what happens in this situation, however, it does sound like a short amount of time between your medical and interview. If it was me I would probably call DOS just to double check that the information regarding the interview was correct. I was told by the US embassy in London that they don't update their systems as frequently as DOS, although I know they told you they had the information maybe it would be worth just double checking with DOS?

Hope everything works out for you

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

thanks so much for your reply!! i emailed the consular as advised by the embassy in london - it took them 5 working days to reply with a new interview date (now schedule for next week). I guess the secret is to remain calm!! its the waiting and not knowing which is so painful.

all sorted now!! thanks again.

p.s - the people who answer the phone at the US Embassy in London are very helpful!! (calls cost an arm and leg but worth it).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.