MiSeRaBle123

ANYONE FROM THE UK

10 posts in this topic

So the embassy requested my passport and i have sent it by royal mail ( later i found out that i should've sent it by DX secure)

i called the Dx secure asking how im gonna receive my passport back when they issue me the visa and i've got 2 different answers. the first one is when my passport is ready the embassy will give it to the DX and then they will contact me and tell me that they have got my passport and they will ask me to pay the delivery fee on the phone...

the second answer was they are not sure if the embassy will accept the passport by royal mail, and they might send it back to me and then i will have to send it again via DX secure....

when i check the postoffice website it says delivered but i called DOS today and they said it doesn't show that they received your passport!

I'm totally stressed and confused :(

1- what shall i do ?? i know i have to wait and see but it's easier said than done

2- do you think they will disregard my passport since i haven't sent it by DX secure ?

3- how long should i wait before i start to worry ?

4- did it happen with anyone before or have you heard of any similar situation?

5- do you think i should write the embassy and ask if they received my passport as the phone call i made today wasn't helpful

and one more thing, i have sent my passport to this address :

Immigrant Visa Unit

5 Upper Grosvenor Street

London W1A 2JB

6- is it the correct address?

somebody answers me please :( :( :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So the embassy requested my passport and i have sent it by royal mail ( later i found out that i should've sent it by DX secure)

i called the Dx secure asking how im gonna receive my passport back when they issue me the visa and i've got 2 different answers. the first one is when my passport is ready the embassy will give it to the DX and then they will contact me and tell me that they have got my passport and they will ask me to pay the delivery fee on the phone...

the second answer was they are not sure if the embassy will accept the passport by royal mail, and they might send it back to me and then i will have to send it again via DX secure....

when i check the postoffice website it says delivered but i called DOS today and they said it doesn't show that they received your passport!

I'm totally stressed and confused :(

1- what shall i do ?? i know i have to wait and see but it's easier said than done

2- do you think they will disregard my passport since i haven't sent it by DX secure ?

3- how long should i wait before i start to worry ?

4- did it happen with anyone before or have you heard of any similar situation?

5- do you think i should write the embassy and ask if they received my passport as the phone call i made today wasn't helpful

and one more thing, i have sent my passport to this address :

Immigrant Visa Unit

5 Upper Grosvenor Street

London W1A 2JB

6- is it the correct address?

somebody answers me please :( :( :(

Have you tried calling the embassy for information?

event.png

event.png

Watied 129days from NOA1 for NOA2

event.png

Medical January 9th 2012.

Interview date received January 25th

Interview February 15th 2012 - APPROVED.

Received Visa's (K1 and K2) February 23rd 2012.

POE February 24th 2012.

Have you tried calling the embassy for information?

No, i don't have a landline phone so i will have to go use my neighbours, but i just don't know if i should call now or wait as i'm not going to be using my neighbour phone everytime, the postoffice website says the item was delivered on thursday 16 Feb ,and if i call the embassy they will give me a code and tell me to email the consular section. do you think i should do it right away or wait a week or 2?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

No, i don't have a landline phone so i will have to go use my neighbours, but i just don't know if i should call now or wait as i'm not going to be using my neighbour phone everytime, the postoffice website says the item was delivered on thursday 16 Feb ,and if i call the embassy they will give me a code and tell me to email the consular section. do you think i should do it right away or wait a week or 2?

im not a big advocate of calling USCIS/NVC/DOS/Embassy every time something doesnt go as quick as we hoped but i honestly think that you should call them and at least get an answer to question 2 as you need to know what will happen to your passport. do it for your own peace of mind :)

may i ask why the embassy have requested it... have you had your interview already??

I-129F SENT............................................08/15/2011

NOA1 TEXT/EMAIL...................................08/22/2011

NOA2 TEXT/EMAIL. NO RFE.....................01/05/2012

NVC RECEIVED......................................01/21/2012

NVC LEFT...............................................01/24/2012

PACKET 3 RECEIVED..............................02/01/2012

PACKET 3 RETURNED.............................02/04/2012

MEDICAL................................................02/17/2012

DS-2001 MAILED.....................................02/23/2012

PACKET 4 RECEIVED..............................03/02/2012

INTERVIEW............................................03/14/2012 APPROVED

POE ATLANTA.........................................04/03/2012

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

im not a big advocate of calling USCIS/NVC/DOS/Embassy every time something doesnt go as quick as we hoped but i honestly think that you should call them and at least get an answer to question 2 as you need to know what will happen to your passport. do it for your own peace of mind :)

may i ask why the embassy have requested it... have you had your interview already??

Thank you for your answers

I have had my interview over 4 months ago and was waiting since then as it required adminstrative processing and that's why i was told by the CO to tear up the pink form (DX Delivery form) and she said you will contact them when your AP is done, but i didn't think that they would come and pick up my passport and deliver it to the embassy , i thought they only deliver passport back from embassy to me... :bonk:

Timeline

Thank you for your answers

I have had my interview over 4 months ago and was waiting since then as it required adminstrative processing and that's why i was told by the CO to tear up the pink form (DX Delivery form) and she said you will contact them when your AP is done, but i didn't think that they would come and pick up my passport and deliver it to the embassy , i thought they only deliver passport back from embassy to me... :bonk:

no they pick passports up too lol.

so am i right in thinking that either your not a UK citizen or you are but you or your family was born in maybe India or Pakistan... or another foreign country?? lol

AOS approved 3/29/13 after almost 10 months of waiting. No RFE's and no interview.

Did you not get instructions from them to send your passport and how to do it? They mail you a letter when your AP is resolved and it's time to issue the visa.

I think they will open the mail. That is the address that forms are sent to so they accept mail. Did you send it with some explanation so they will figure out what to do with it? Names, visa type, case number, phone number? I would wait for it to get sorted out. If you have provided that information they will know how to contact you. If you call too soon they will likely not know. Today is only the 2nd working day since it arrived. Monday was a holiday. It could still be in the mail room. I would wait until next week to give them time to catch up. It is going to cost your neighbor a premium fee for each minute you spend on the phone with them. They don't do next day service on anythingis why I think it's a waste of money to call already.

What about calling DOS in the US? Has anybody had success with that number lately? They will know when your visa is issued. Then you'll know to call somebody to sort out the delivery.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

No, i'm not a UK citizen.

Well the problem is i didn't receive anything from the embassy, i would've known how to send it correctly if they sent me any instructions but this is what happened, i called DOS to check on my case and the lady told me it's still pending but they sent you an email like 2 weeks ago requesting your passport, so i checked my inbox and i didn't find nothing from them, so i called DOS again to make sure there's no mistakes and they confirmed that again , i called over 4 times to make sure and everytime i spoke to a different person and they all said the same thing, and then one of the DOS ladies told me that sometimes they request your passport but they don't send an email.... anyway i went to my neighbours after that and asked to use the phone, i called the embassy(1.23/min) and i told the lady about my situation then she said it can takes up to a few months to complete the AP and you should wait, i said i know but that's what i was told by the DOS and i said please give me the code so i can email the consular section and inquire about it, and she didn't want to give it to me at first and then i said please listen i don't have a landline phone and i'm using my neighbour's and i'm not going to be able to call everytime so she said i can give you the code but this will upset them if you inquire now, you have to wait till AP is over... i'm not going to lie i was so depressed and confused when i finished the phone call and i really did not know what to do and i ended up not emailing the embassy as i took what she said into consideration, and the next day i went to the postoffice and sent my passport, i put it in an envelope and wrote my name, address and case number on it, you are right i should've left my phone number on there :( i'm just going to wait till next week or maybe the one after to contact them in case i don't hear from them till then...

and oww i paid my neighbour for using the phone , you know this way i will feel more comfortable to use it next time.

Timeline

i can certainly understand how you ended up so frustrated anyway lol. the main thing is that you included your case number with your passport... your phone number and email address will be on file anyway from when you sent in all the forms and the cover letter for the DS-2001.

i really do hope they sort it all out for you... keep us informed ok :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.