vinotinto

WHY BITE THE FINGER THAT FEEDS YOU???

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi my loving VJ brothers and sisters and our dearest foreign spouses...good afternoon..

It pains me to my marrow as a Nigerian and a conditional US citizen spouse knowing fully well that am likely to read something bad about us Africans and Nigerians in particular in any topic..from social life,politics down to even matrimony that is suppose to be sacred as ordained by God...

I read a post here on VJ about what most of our foreign spouses go through after discovering that their marriages to us was a sham!!!

no i wont keep my mouth shut..it hurts me so bad..it pains me to my marrow..and adversely affecting us all..i just still cant find the post again to re post it..posted in 2006 on Nigerian portal here...am still looking for it.

we are so busy crying foul that Lagos embassy is so harsh and so many negativity associated with the embassy..yeah i agree..but why cant some of us face the real fact..why don't we sometimes talk about pressing issues like families on here, so that we can accept some faults.

I cant imagine my spouse abandoning all the better men in the US,Canada flying thousands of miles above sea level,minus the constant financial support,the risk of being kidnapped or plane crashed,coming to a strange land to find her King,her lost rib and supposed soul mate as regards what i have been telling her since, her giving to me what my supposed Nigerian girls wouldn't do..because we all know that MOST..if not ALL,our Nigerian women wont do what most of our foreign wives did or does or are doing now..no they cant!!!..they don't have that patience...even her families will ask her...abi na juju(witch charm) he/she dey use for you.... lol

which Nigeria girl will marry you knowing fully well you don't have a job and your future at present is so BLEAK to her!!!most of our Nigerian women marry us for our monies..most of our foreign wives picked us from the gutter..anybody who is an exception should please object...and tell me what happened to the millions of our single aging men and women looking for miracle in churches to find a financially stable mate..and please don't say am being one sided here...am so f##king angry reading that post.

when these women cry it touches my soul cos i still have conscience...how much is your integrity worth????a Greencard? lol why Telling that woman u love her knowing fully well that you don't..and immediately you get to the US u'll abandon her and bring your local Nigerian girlfriend who wouldn't have done nuffin for you if it was her...(SHARP GUY/GIRL)lol

you make her go through pains,she loses financial and emotionally, and you don't give a damn..cos you have arrived your plans have come to fruition and in other words, spoiling things for others going through the process legally...am so angry and don't wanna write much..i just wanted to vent my anger here and get a fresh air..and if we don't talk about this matter or take it with levity..let Lagos embassy become even so harder.

my dear brothers and sisters..the economy globally is not smiling on anybody, America and Americans arents an exception...if you cant make it here(Nigeria)..you sure cant make it anywhere...even if they put your lazy #### in the white house..lol

lets respect the word MARRIAGE,lets respect God,lets respect the people who help or are sent by God to brighten our future...if you are deceiving someone today...just back down..yeah i said back down..tell her the damn truth...yeah please do....cos if u don't..nemesis will surely catch up with you someday..He hears the cries of the oppressed,duped,deceived.. and He fights for them..except God lies..and i know HE doesn't.

i love u all...my interview is in a couple weeks from now....ill post when am granted..and if not ill still post..lol..but i know by God's grace ill reunite with my lovely wife and in-laws soonest..lol

am not in a hurry to go to America or meet my wife...surely at the appointed time..ill go..my wife isn't running away and America has been were it is for hundreds of years.lol

my wife is now a Nigerian too by marriage and happy and she so much love her second home Nigeria..and thinking investments here in the near future..how sweet....the beautiful country you hate so much..and wanna run away fraudulently from.. ...lol

AM STRONGLY AGAINST SHAM MARRIAGES/MARRIAGE VISA FRAUD...i hate the content whenever i read it..it doesn't tell well for u and i...

love is so sweet internationally,inter-racially..u name it..don't spoil it..enjoy it... help propagate this gospel...one love

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow ! thanks for sharing :)

November 5, 2010 Interview 7am APPROVED!!!!!! (6months 4weeks 1day) THANK YOU LORD!!!!!

(look at my about me page in my profile if you want to see my entire k1 journey)

AOS Journey:

Feb.4, 2011 Mailed AOS packet

Feb. 7, 2011 Pkt delivered in Chicago

Feb. 10, 2011 Received txt and email of NOA for AOS, EAD, and AP

Feb. 11, 2011 Check cashed for AOS

Feb. 12, 2011 Touched

Feb. 14, 2011 received hard copy of NOA for AOS, EAD& AP

Feb. 18, 2011 received appt letter for biometrics

Feb. 28, 2011 biometrics appt @10am

Feb. 28, 2011 received txt/email AOS case transferred to csc

Mar 1, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 3, 2011 received hard copy of AOS transfer to csc

Mar 4, 2011 AOS Touched

Mar 28, 2011 Received txt/email saying card production has been ordered. (1month 3eeks 3days)

Mar 28, 2011 Received 2nd txt/email saying we have registered this customer permanent residence status

Mar 29, 2011 Received 3rd txt/email says card production has been ordered.

April 1, 2011 greencard and welcome letter in hand!!

April 5, 2011 received txt/email EAD card production ordered

Will Start Removing Conditions Dec 2012!!!!

Dec. 26, 2012 mailed ROC paperwork

Dec. 28, 2012 NOA for ROC paperwork

Jan. 7, 2013 received bio appt letter

Jan. 24, 2013 bio appt.

June 22, 2013 10yr green card received

68z00wwuiyl.png

Agree, call your local radio station there and have them to read your post. Those that needs to hear this is not posting on VJ, they are living around the corner from you.

I agree it is not just Negerians, but anyone who chooses to use someone for their own personal gain.

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Timeline

That is a good one i agree with you. i hope and pray that most people read this article. This is the best article post on visajourney that could help most people that are about to start this long journey. Thank you very much for this beautiful post.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

sorta... but for someone that promises to share his intvw experience, why dont u start by sharing your timeline? It's good you are fired up for your interview.

it sure is a shame. It seems ur just realizing what many have realized and experienced various times.. my take is that... in life there are shortcuts.. when anything has a shortcut, people will try to gain from it.

Let me ask you: have you ever driven or being in a car that drove two ways on a one way road in Nigeria? well, i guess you were finding shortcut to avoid a traffic of some sorts right? well, wen you where doing that "wrong/shortcut" driving, did you think of the other car coming and wonder maybe there's a baby/life in that car who is driving legally or did you just want to accomplish ur goal?

My point is anything that has a loophole, people will bite! sucks! Goodluck!

Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Timeline

That is a good one i agree with you. i hope and pray that most people read this article. This is the best article post on visajourney that could help most people that are about to start this long journey. Thank you very much for this beautiful post.

THANKS DEAR I DO APPRECIATE..I WAS SO ANGRY WHEN I READ WHAT MADE ME WRITE THIS POST..I HATE TO BE CHEATED ON..AND DONT LIKE TO HEAR OR SEE SOMEONE BEING SHORTCHANGED...IT COULD ME MY BROTHEROR SISTER OR A RELATIVE..OR EVEN YOU..I JUST WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW DAT STILL SOME NIGERIANS ARE VERY GOOD PEOPLE

THANKS DEAR I DO APPRECIATE..I WAS SO ANGRY WHEN I READ WHAT MADE ME WRITE THIS POST..I HATE TO BE CHEATED ON..AND DONT LIKE TO HEAR OR SEE SOMEONE BEING SHORTCHANGED...IT COULD ME MY BROTHEROR SISTER OR A RELATIVE..OR EVEN YOU..I JUST WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW DAT STILL SOME NIGERIANS ARE VERY GOOD PEOPLE

There are good people in every culture, the secret is just finding them. P.S, there are more good people than bad people.

Timeline

I appreciate you too, i knew what i went through because of the fraudulent people that made me suffer a great deal and made them send my documents back to the uscis that made me wait several years. Yes my husband and i love each so much and now i am very greatful to the almighty God that i have joined him and we are leaving happily together.

Timeline

sorta... but for someone that promises to share his intvw experience, why dont u start by sharing your timeline? It's good you are fired up for your interview.

it sure is a shame. It seems ur just realizing what many have realized and experienced various times.. my take is that... in life there are shortcuts.. when anything has a shortcut, people will try to gain from it.

Let me ask you: have you ever driven or being in a car that drove two ways on a one way road in Nigeria? well, i guess you were finding shortcut to avoid a traffic of some sorts right? well, wen you where doing that "wrong/shortcut" driving, did you think of the other car coming and wonder maybe there's a baby/life in that car who is driving legally or did you just want to accomplish ur goal?

My point is anything that has a loophole, people will bite! sucks! Goodluck!

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME MY BROTHER..WATEVER LOOPHOLES THERE IS..POSTS AND SUBSEQUENT POSTS LIKE THIS WILL ASSISTS THOSE WHO NEED IT..TO CAREFULYL LOOK..INVESTIGATE..READ AND RESEARCH THEIR POTENTIAL SPOUSES BEFORE THEY BLINDFULLY FALL PREY AS A RESULT OF FALLING IN LOVE..INTERVIEWS AT EMBASSIES FOR IMMIGRANTS OR FAMILYBASED VISAS WERE MEANT TO BE A COLLECTION POINT FOR VISAS AND NOT TO STRESS PPL..BUT THE REVERSE IS THE CASE COS OF MANY REDFLAGS AND FRAUD EMBASSY POST...IF NOT WHY CANT WE JUST MARRY OUR SPOUSES AND MOVE WITH OUR FAMILIES THE NEXT DAY...WATS WRONG IN DAT...AM LOOKING FORWARD TO DAT DAY OR YEAR..AS IMMIGRATION POLICIES CHANGE...

CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME MY BROTHER..WATEVER LOOPHOLES THERE IS..POSTS AND SUBSEQUENT POSTS LIKE THIS WILL ASSISTS THOSE WHO NEED IT..TO CAREFULYL LOOK..INVESTIGATE..READ AND RESEARCH THEIR POTENTIAL SPOUSES BEFORE THEY BLINDFULLY FALL PREY AS A RESULT OF FALLING IN LOVE..INTERVIEWS AT EMBASSIES FOR IMMIGRANTS OR FAMILYBASED VISAS WERE MEANT TO BE A COLLECTION POINT FOR VISAS AND NOT TO STRESS PPL..BUT THE REVERSE IS THE CASE COS OF MANY REDFLAGS AND FRAUD EMBASSY POST...IF NOT WHY CANT WE JUST MARRY OUR SPOUSES AND MOVE WITH OUR FAMILIES THE NEXT DAY...WATS WRONG IN DAT...AM LOOKING FORWARD TO DAT DAY OR YEAR..AS IMMIGRATION POLICIES CHANGE...

Vino, Hint, typing in CAPS means you are shouting. Try un-capping...

Thanks,

Timeline

Vino, Hint, typing in CAPS means you are shouting. Try un-capping...

Thanks,

really..i didnt know man..thanks..anyways i should be shouting bout this matter...i do also agree with you that there are more good people than bad people..and some unscroupulous immigrants will stumble on this article someday..and know dat some ppl dont approve of their illicit act..thanks man

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You really hit home with this post. I have been scammed before, but it didnt stop me from loving again. I have been with my fiance for 3 years now and I can only pray to God every day that we will get the chance to be married and live together happily. There are no guarantees in life and people can change overnight. Nothing ventured nothing gained. Good luck to you and God Bless. :thumbs:

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Timeline

I believe I know the post you are referencing (She's talks about how the guy came over, she got pregnant in 3 weeks, he left her, and she uses this as her platform to warn others.) My personal truth (I don't care if people agree or not) is all too often people see signs of fraud, but because they are so caught up in their romanticized version of love they ignore what is blatantly infront of them. This can happen to you whether your mate is from the same culture or different. Anyone who cries foul should examine what role they played in the relationship. If you chose to wear blinders and not see the picture it's not the others fault. People want to say "oh it is the Nigerians or Africans who are the biggest scammers." Truth is, because of ethnic prejudices perpetrated one group will always get labeled as being the worse. That is clearer to me as I read the stories and posts here on this site and as I become more aware of the immigration process.

Edited by Olomi_811

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

AS a man, my advice to the ladies especially my American Sisters, please be careful of men from Nigeria pretending to love you and want to be with you for the rest of your life. I am not saying all of them are bad, but majority of them are. I feel so terrible when I read some of the posts on how ladies were taken advantage of in the name of love and it saddens me. If it is too good to be true, believe me it is! Many Nigerian men found themselves in a hopeless situations in Nigeria and look for ANY way to get out and if that invloves lying, cheating or any other adjective you can think of, they will do it just to get out of Nigeria. Just vet the person very well and take your time and be sure. Finding love online is a very tough situation, if you want somebody from Nigeria, get introduced by someone you know who can vouch for their characters, it is not 100% guranteed, but someone who knows of a potential pitfall will be reluctant to push you into that hell hole. Wishing you all the best in your journey of love and life!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.