JNet

Immigration help in Manila?

7 posts in this topic

Hello, our question is does anyone know of someone in the Manila area that offers immigration help that can be trusted. I have read that many here do their own paperwork, but we want some professional help. My wife and I were married recently in the Phils and want to meet with someone here locally before I go back to the USA and start the CR-1 process. Thanks in advance!

Filed: Timeline

Hello, our question is does anyone know of someone in the Manila area that offers immigration help that can be trusted. I have read that many here do their own paperwork, but we want some professional help. My wife and I were married recently in the Phils and want to meet with someone here locally before I go back to the USA and start the CR-1 process. Thanks in advance!

You shouldn't need assistance, and the Embassy actually warns against using agents for a straight forward application.

A person told me that I have a better chance of getting a visa if I pay a few thousand pesos for help in completing and processing the application. Is this true?

No. The application form should be completed by the applicant. Completing it should require no special assistance, and we recommend strongly that the applicant write it himself/herself. If an applicant cannot accomplish the form himself/herself, a representative may accomplish and, hence, sign the form. The applicant must review and sign the application form before submission to the Embassy during the scheduled interview.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

You shouldn't need assistance, and the Embassy actually warns against using agents for a straight forward application.

:thumbs:

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It may seem overwhelming at the moment but for sure read the GUIDES here for what you want to accomplish, just click the link at the top of this page. Then ask questions. Then sift through the replies... after all we all have bad days.

There is nothing in the application that you can not accomplish yourself, even if you hire someone they will still be asking you to do this and do that as they can only fill out the form for you... waste of money.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are going to have to do all the work anyway, why pay someone to be a project manager when your life is in their hands? Nobody will do a better job than you if your heart is in it. Assemble the documents, review it for at least 3 weeks, compare to all the forms here online on VJ (very important) and send it in. I made two mistakes on my K-1 of not putting "N/A" on my forms. Had I just compared them to the ones on-line on VJ, that would not have happened. In any case, I never got a RFE.

Having a agency can be a negative in the eyes of the Embassy from what I have read. I don't know that for sure. Research for yourself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.