menina

ROC interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Okay, can someone please put my mind at rest? We sent our ROC packet about 1 month ago and did fingerprints about 2 weeks ago. Today I got a letter in the mail from our local office saying that we need to appear on March 1st for an interview regarding our I-751 petition. We had our AOS interview in March 2010, and everything went fine. We submitted all of the recommended evidence with our packet: rental agreement, bank statements, utilities in both names, pictures, boarding passes from trips together, health insurance policies, DL with same address, and so on. The letter is on white paper and came directly from our local office. It is not the usual official USCIS letterhead that I have received in the past. The letter requests originals and one set of copies of proof of our marital union from the filing date to the present. We just filed a month ago, how much more proof can we provide? I have an exact copy of the packet I sent to USCIS in January and a couple more bank statements and bills in both of our names. The letter also states that the interview will be videotaped. Is this a Stokes interview? We have been happily married since December 2009 and living together the whole time. The letter just refers to an official matter.Please help me. I am freaking out. We did not receive any RFE or any response until now except for the letter extending my husband's green card for another year.

event.png

We got the same letter. It sounds like the standard interview letter. The only difference was that we got an RFE before the interview letter. Since oyu didn't get an RFE, I would guess that it is just random. That doesn't help the nerves though.

WE brought everything we had already sent in and some extra affidavits (our RFE was for communal residence), all of our bank statements ( we had just sent in maybe 4 per year), copies of everything I could find related to our health insurance (I had our dentist print out our records, since that is the only doctor we seem to see on a regular basis), and any junk mail I could find that showed us at the same address. I had three 1-1/2" binders stuffed. The only thing I was asked for were copies of our bank statements (which they already had) and proof that we were on the same insurance.

The interveiwer spoke mostly to me (I am the USC) and seemed to ask my husband questions as an afterthought. He even told us from our file, he wasn't sure why we were there. Since it looks like you had good evidence, I suspect you'll be in the same boat.

Get together what you have and try to keep calm - which is easier said than done. If you are anything like me, sleep and appetite will be missing from your life until the interview.

Take care and good luck!

Timeline

We got the same letter. It sounds like the standard interview letter. The only difference was that we got an RFE before the interview letter. Since oyu didn't get an RFE, I would guess that it is just random. That doesn't help the nerves though.

WE brought everything we had already sent in and some extra affidavits (our RFE was for communal residence), all of our bank statements ( we had just sent in maybe 4 per year), copies of everything I could find related to our health insurance (I had our dentist print out our records, since that is the only doctor we seem to see on a regular basis), and any junk mail I could find that showed us at the same address. I had three 1-1/2" binders stuffed. The only thing I was asked for were copies of our bank statements (which they already had) and proof that we were on the same insurance.

The interveiwer spoke mostly to me (I am the USC) and seemed to ask my husband questions as an afterthought. He even told us from our file, he wasn't sure why we were there. Since it looks like you had good evidence, I suspect you'll be in the same boat.

Get together what you have and try to keep calm - which is easier said than done. If you are anything like me, sleep and appetite will be missing from your life until the interview.

Take care and good luck!

Thank-you so much! I hope you are right! I gathered a few more pieces of evidence, asked more people for affidavits, and put together the originals of everything we already submitted. I am hoping for the same experience like yours. One more week of waiting to know for sure. Thanks for posting all of the evidence you brought. It helps to compare with mine. I have several files full of evidence, so if they want something more we'll have it. I will keep you posted!

event.png

I just want to wish you best of luck! It sounds like you guys will be just fine. Interviews are always scary, let alone when they're for the future of you and your spouse. You already have all the info they'll be asking you in your head; you've spent all these years studying for this interview without even trying just by living together! ;)(F)

AOS

09/21/08- Phil arrives in US

08/15/09- Wedding

10/16/09- Mailed out AOS package

01/14/10- Interview completed - Approved!

01/23/10- Conditional Green Card received!

ROC

10/17/11- Mailed ROC package

10/19/11- Package arrives at VSC

10/20/11- NOA1 issued

10/24/11- "Touch"

10/24/11- Check cashed

10/26/11- NOA1 received

11/23/11- Biometrics appointment

01/14/12- Conditional GC Expired

07/17/12- Approved! - Notification of card production

07/23/12- Notification of card being mailed

07/25/12- 10 year GC received!

0e871ca96e.png?html

~~~~

Be the change you wish to see in the world

Timeline

I just want to wish you best of luck! It sounds like you guys will be just fine. Interviews are always scary, let alone when they're for the future of you and your spouse. You already have all the info they'll be asking you in your head; you've spent all these years studying for this interview without even trying just by living together! ;)(F)

Thank you so much for the support! I hope it goes well and fast!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.