6 posts in this topic

do we have to fill up OF-169 along with DS-230 part 1 for India?.I was looking mumbai Consulate and it says that we have to mail to them both of above form?anyone has any idea?Please help me out?What is packet 3 is??what do we send o NVC after receiving DS-230?

Thanks in advance.

PD-3 NoV 2004

WL received 30 June 2015

CC 21 September 2015

Filed: Timeline

fortune,

If you are applying for an immigrant visa you will be getting some of what used to be 'Packet 3' - the visa application forms and instructions - from the National Visa Center, not from the consulate. (Call these NVC items Packet 3.5 if you wish.)

Check the NVC pages of the Department of State web site for a good description of the NVC's role in the immigration process.

Yodrak

do we have to fill up OF-169 along with DS-230 part 1 for India?.I was looking mumbai Consulate and it says that we have to mail to them both of above form?anyone has any idea?Please help me out?What is packet 3 is??what do we send o NVC after receiving DS-230?

Thanks in advance.

fortune,

There are other reasons that one applies for an immigrant visa and instructions on consulate sites tend to have generic instructions to cover these reasons. Not all immigrant visas go through the USCIS and NVC process as you are doing with the CR-1. eg one can do the whole process via DCF where everything is submitted to the embassy/consulate.

Click on the appropriate link for what is required to be submitted to NVC. If the top link does not apply to the country of the applicant/beneficiary, then you are only required to submit part I along with a photocopy of the biographics page of the passport

Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants (applying in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa)

When one is required to submit both parts 1 & II and all documents listed in the above link, the NVC reviews all documents and schedules the interview. Part 1 should only be signed not part II as that has to be signed at the interview stage in front of the conof.

Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants (NOT applying in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa)

When one is only required to submit DS-230 part 1 and a copy of the biographics page of the passport, the consulate will schedule the interview.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
fortune,

There are other reasons that one applies for an immigrant visa and instructions on consulate sites tend to have generic instructions to cover these reasons. Not all immigrant visas go through the USCIS and NVC process as you are doing with the CR-1. eg one can do the whole process via DCF where everything is submitted to the embassy/consulate.

Click on the appropriate link for what is required to be submitted to NVC. If the top link does not apply to the country of the applicant/beneficiary, then you are only required to submit part I along with a photocopy of the biographics page of the passport

Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants (applying in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa)

When one is required to submit both parts 1 & II and all documents listed in the above link, the NVC reviews all documents and schedules the interview. Part 1 should only be signed not part II as that has to be signed at the interview stage in front of the conof.

Instructions for Immigrant Visa Applicants (NOT applying in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa)

When one is only required to submit DS-230 part 1 and a copy of the biographics page of the passport, the consulate will schedule the interview.

Dear Aussiewench,

Thank you for posting those links - thats the first time I've seen a definative list of documents needed for the IR1/CR1 Interview!

Is there such a list for the K3 ? [i've looked at the guides, the new flowchart, the flowchart from guest123 (which is think may be inaccurate and incomplete) but cant find anything definative :( ]

We are in the situation that both our I130 and K3's have been approved and are trying to make a decission as to which way to proceed. I also just recently lost my job so on top of trying to get us together in the absolute shortest time, are trying to figure some costs into it.

Thanks for any pointers or help !

LiL

[i cant seem to add both routes (K3 and IR/CR1 to my timeline) so... additional info; K3 Approved 9/15, Sent from NVC to Consulate 9/26]

LIL - aka 'the Muppets'

Timeline

---------------------------------------------------

I-130

05/27/2006: I-130 application Sent

06/12/2006: NOA1 received

08/28/2006: NOA 2 (Approved 77days)

09/18/2006: NVC Case # assigned

09/25/2006: I864 and IV Fee Bills received (arrived jointly – using IL)

10/05/2006: Mailed both fee bill (confused what to do! K3 or I130 – finally decided to let both ride)

11/05/2006: Mailed back both I864 and DS230

01/29/2007: CR1 forwarded to London Consulate

03/01/2007: Packet 4 recieved

03/26/2007: CR1 Interview in London

I-129F (K-3)

06/19/2006: I-129F application Sent (Old, non-IMBRA)

06/26/2006: NOA1 received

07/17/2006: RFE (IMBRA) received

07/20/2006: RFE (IMBRA) replied

07/24/2006: Confirmation RFE reply received (July 24th)

09/15/2006: APPROVED (81 days)

09/18/2006: NOA2 received

09/26/2006: NVC received petition & assigned Case #

09/28/2006: Conf Letter received – Case # and ‘Case to be sent to be sent to London’ “within a week”.

10/03/2006: [ESTIMATE] – Case received at London Visa Unit.

xx/xx/xxxx: Packet 3 was never recieved

10/21/2006: Packet 3 (compiled by us) sent

11/09/2006: Medical Date

11/09/2006: Packet 4 received.

12/11/2006: Interview - Approved !!

12/21/2006: USA!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Aussiewench,

Thank you for posting those links - thats the first time I've seen a definative list of documents needed for the IR1/CR1 Interview!

Is there such a list for the K3 ? [i've looked at the guides, the new flowchart, the flowchart from guest123 (which is think may be inaccurate and incomplete) but cant find anything definative :( ]

We are in the situation that both our I130 and K3's have been approved and are trying to make a decission as to which way to proceed. I also just recently lost my job so on top of trying to get us together in the absolute shortest time, are trying to figure some costs into it.

Thanks for any pointers or help !

LiL

[i cant seem to add both routes (K3 and IR/CR1 to my timeline) so... additional info; K3 Approved 9/15, Sent from NVC to Consulate 9/26]

You will find whats in the visa application packet HERE

Also have a look at these links from the US Consulate London website for the documents that will be needed

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/docs169.html

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/faffidavit.html

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ausiewench,

Thank you so much for those links !!

That helps us get prepared.

The question of what happen when you have dual approvals is a quagmire, very confusing with no definitive rules. I've seen it come up increasingly in themessage boards.

Thanks for your help,

LIL - aka 'the Muppets'

Timeline

---------------------------------------------------

I-130

05/27/2006: I-130 application Sent

06/12/2006: NOA1 received

08/28/2006: NOA 2 (Approved 77days)

09/18/2006: NVC Case # assigned

09/25/2006: I864 and IV Fee Bills received (arrived jointly – using IL)

10/05/2006: Mailed both fee bill (confused what to do! K3 or I130 – finally decided to let both ride)

11/05/2006: Mailed back both I864 and DS230

01/29/2007: CR1 forwarded to London Consulate

03/01/2007: Packet 4 recieved

03/26/2007: CR1 Interview in London

I-129F (K-3)

06/19/2006: I-129F application Sent (Old, non-IMBRA)

06/26/2006: NOA1 received

07/17/2006: RFE (IMBRA) received

07/20/2006: RFE (IMBRA) replied

07/24/2006: Confirmation RFE reply received (July 24th)

09/15/2006: APPROVED (81 days)

09/18/2006: NOA2 received

09/26/2006: NVC received petition & assigned Case #

09/28/2006: Conf Letter received – Case # and ‘Case to be sent to be sent to London’ “within a week”.

10/03/2006: [ESTIMATE] – Case received at London Visa Unit.

xx/xx/xxxx: Packet 3 was never recieved

10/21/2006: Packet 3 (compiled by us) sent

11/09/2006: Medical Date

11/09/2006: Packet 4 received.

12/11/2006: Interview - Approved !!

12/21/2006: USA!!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.