mayfiler2011

FBI security check delay, anyone has similar condition?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I filed in late May to Vermont center, no news at all. Today I called USCIS again and was told my FBI security check is still not clear yet. They told me to wait for another 45 days, if still no news, call them back and open a SR for me. But we all know that FBI security check can take forever, sometimes they simply leave some cases completely in the darkness. I am very concerned about this situation. Anyone has some good idea? Thank you very much.

I filed in late May to Vermont center, no news at all. Today I called USCIS again and was told my FBI security check is still not clear yet. They told me to wait for another 45 days, if still no news, call them back and open a SR for me. But we all know that FBI security check can take forever, sometimes they simply leave some cases completely in the darkness. I am very concerned about this situation. Anyone has some good idea? Thank you very much.

I'm going to be bashed for saying this by anti-conspiracy ppl but that is nothing but an excuse to delay, delay and delay.

They just want to Eff with us.

Timeline

I'm going to be bashed for saying this by anti-conspiracy ppl but that is nothing but an excuse to delay, delay and delay.

It is pathetic! Things like this happen in this country.

The weird thing is when I called back again. Another officer said whatever the previous agent told me was wrong since there is no such information in their system and he said it was over-exaggerated. I dont know who to believe. This time he asked me to wait for 30 days. So I am gonna just wait till the end of this month and call them back again.

Shame!

Do you know any specific reason(s) that caused the delay in your case?

Do you know any specific reason(s) that caused the delay in your case?

Nope. No explanation, no reason, nothing.

When I called last week all the information THEY had was what they had on their case status website: Application received, in JUNE. They don't even have the bio, RFE and relocation updates in their system! I had to tell them every single one and the rep says he has sent a SR to the local office (LA), which he promised me that I'll hear from them with in 14 days.

Also from what you told me I think they have people with the mentality of juvenile working there. Lies, conspiracies, anything that'll scare you sh*t less are in their arsenal of excuses. Since they have the "I am the one whom decides your fate so kiss my @$$" and authoritative figure that's been abused way too many times, it'll just be nothing but trolling.

All we can do is just sit and get mentally tortured.

Timeline

Nope. No explanation, no reason, nothing.

When I called last week all the information THEY had was what they had on their case status website: Application received, in JUNE. They don't even have the bio, RFE and relocation updates in their system! I had to tell them every single one and the rep says he has sent a SR to the local office (LA), which he promised me that I'll hear from them with in 14 days.

Also from what you told me I think they have people with the mentality of juvenile working there. Lies, conspiracies, anything that'll scare you sh*t less are in their arsenal of excuses. Since they have the "I am the one whom decides your fate so kiss my @$$" and authoritative figure that's been abused way too many times, it'll just be nothing but trolling.

All we can do is just sit and get mentally tortured.

It IS a torture. Paranoia, anxiety, even depression all start to develop during this journey. One day when we become citizen, we should all support the revolution of current immigration law. Too much BS.

But what we can do now is just wait, wait and wait. It is a game. I am also planning to apply for citizenship if my I-751 is still pending by the end of May, hopefully that can force them to close my I751 case.

Oh, Lord.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi,

I'm also a May filer and haven't heard anything yet.

I recall that when I filed for the conditional GC, I had to do the fingerprinting twice because my fingerprints are very faint. I heard that this is the major cause of the delay related to the security check. So I'm hoping that I don't have to do the fingerprinting again this time. Just a thought . . . Hoping that we'll get approved soon. (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.