P+J

The Medical Exam

25 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

E-mail is definitely better than a phone call. Unless policy changed since a year ago Moscow allows the medical to be done prior to NOA-2. We did our medicals Feb 1 and didn't get our NOA-2 till later in March. Everything worked out well with the interview. Good luck!

I just e-mailed the embassy. I'll let you all know what I hear.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

So, would my fiancee call the embassy in Moscow to find out if she can go before the NOA2?

I think it will make more sense if she calls one of the medical centers, rather than the embassy.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Timeline

Dear Tyler,

Thank you for writing to the US Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you wish to know whether it is possible for your fiancée to have her medical examination done before the petition approval and even before the interview is scheduled.

We would like to inform you that the medical examination may be conducted before the K visa interview or after the interview. It is possible for your fiancée to have her medical examination done before the petition approval and even before the interview is scheduled.

Please refer all questions about medical appointments and the examination, to the clinics directly. Find more information about the medical examination on http://moscow.usembassy.gov/physicians.html.

In regard to your query about the current interview waiting times for visa interviews, please note that the current interview waiting times for K visa interviews are 7 days in Moscow.

NOTE: In case you want to track your current passport status which was submitted to the Embassy, please, send an email to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com and in the subject and/or body enter a valid passport number exactly as it was entered at the time the appointment was scheduled, and you will receive an automatic response with the status.

Feel free to write back in case of any queries. Also you can visit our website: www.ustraveldocs.com.

Please visit XXXXXXX to leave feedback about services we provide.

Sincerely,

US Visa Service Desk

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Wow, again, as I observed during my interaction with them, emailing reveals so much information and guidance. Much more than asking anywhere else....it's like they really know what they want???!!!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Wow, again, as I observed during my interaction with them, emailing reveals so much information and guidance. Much more than asking anywhere else....it's like they really know what they want???!!!!

Sarcasm?

Timeline

Wow seven days to get the interview scheduled once the embassy has the petition? Is that correct?

You see the e-mail. That came straight from the embassy. So, I'm not sure why I see other people's interviews at 40 - 60 days from NOA2. That makes no sense to me. If they had been preparing for everything up until the NOA2 and the wait time is only 7 days right now, it should be less than three weeks after NOA2 (giving time for NVC and embassy to receive it).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Wow seven days to get the interview scheduled once the embassy has the petition? Is that correct?

Ever since they changed interview appointments and delivery system, and the applicants can pick the date themselves - yes, it's been taking 1-2 weeks.

A year ago people had to wait for 1,5-2 months, because the applicant couldn't pick a date, the embassy was scheduling "the closest possible date".

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Filed: Timeline

Ever since they changed interview appointments and delivery system, and the applicants can pick the date themselves - yes, it's been taking 1-2 weeks.

A year ago people had to wait for 1,5-2 months, because the applicant couldn't pick a date, the embassy was scheduling "the closest possible date".

Oh, I didn't know that had been changed. VERY cool!

Timeline

Yea - I was wondering why people were taking so long for the interview. I assumed that it could be due to the police certificate; it takes 30 days to get, but Anastasia has already got that :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.