aidan80

Paperwork needed for AOS…

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

At last.. We should be able to file for my AOS.. which is great… I’ve been out of status now for coming up to 3 weeks..

I’ve had a look@ the AOS Guide on VJ, read through the AOS forms.. ect and I’m just double checking on a few things making 110% sure everything is in order!

“Copy of fiancé petition approval”

“Copy of passport including Visa & I-94”

“4x in total passport type pictures”

“Grand total of $595 AOS & EAD filing fees not including Advance Parole”

I do however seem to have one major problem… before I left home I left behind a document envelope which contained everything from my K1 Visa application, NOA’s originals, copies of everything.. birth certificates, police reports, petition approval notice… ect everything minus the fee for the visa interview which I paid at the bank.. :hehe:

This was obliviously was a stupid thing to do but was a mistake… attempting to repair the situation I managed to get someone back to home to locate the document envelope and stick it in the post… that was a bit over two weeks ago and I’m becoming nervous that, that document envelope may have been sucked into the black hole of lost mail.. :blink:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey Aidan:

The North had a postal strike (according to my sister-in-law- she's in Ballymoney CO ANTRIOM). That is probably why you haven't received your mail yet.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"The Future is no place to place your better days" Matthews

Liam and Lynn's timeline:

Met September 4, 2001.

Mailed I 129F to CIS Texas Service Center on 8 Feb.

February 11, 05 Received by TSC.

February 22, 05 Forwarded to CSC.

March 7 Received notification of approval via email!

6 May 05-interview date of 15 June in London.

17 August 2005, Liam arrived in Florida.

1 NOVEMBER 2005-WEDDING!!!!!!

SEE OUR TIMELINE FOR THE REMAINING INFORMATION!!!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hey Aidan, another thing!

I can finally say Failte!!!

Glad to see you made it (I remembered the emails we sent back and forth about the police checks and the drama you were experiencing) and that you weren't too far behind us getting to Florida (I left Ireland on 10 August to return to work, Liam received his Visa on 15 June in London and flew out from Dublin on 17 August to Orlando, we live in Palm Beach County Florida.)

We were married on 1 November (the NEW YEAR! ;)

Liam's sis lives in Antroim (Ballymoney) and sent us a post on 2 February. We just received it yesterday.

Check with your mates to find out if there is still a delay in outgoing airmail.

Erin go Bragh indeed!

Kind Regards,

Lynn (and Liam)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"The Future is no place to place your better days" Matthews

Liam and Lynn's timeline:

Met September 4, 2001.

Mailed I 129F to CIS Texas Service Center on 8 Feb.

February 11, 05 Received by TSC.

February 22, 05 Forwarded to CSC.

March 7 Received notification of approval via email!

6 May 05-interview date of 15 June in London.

17 August 2005, Liam arrived in Florida.

1 NOVEMBER 2005-WEDDING!!!!!!

SEE OUR TIMELINE FOR THE REMAINING INFORMATION!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Hey Aidan, another thing!

I can finally say Failte!!!

Glad to see you made it (I remembered the emails we sent back and forth about the police checks and the drama you were experiencing) and that you weren't too far behind us getting to Florida (I left Ireland on 10 August to return to work, Liam received his Visa on 15 June in London and flew out from Dublin on 17 August to Orlando, we live in Palm Beach County Florida.)

We were married on 1 November (the NEW YEAR! ;)

Liam's sis lives in Antroim (Ballymoney) and sent us a post on 2 February. We just received it yesterday.

Check with your mates to find out if there is still a delay in outgoing airmail.

Erin go Bragh indeed!

Kind Regards,

Lynn (and Liam)

Well that explains it.. postmen are on strike again sounds like everything back home is the same as normal… thanks for the info.. maybe I will be seeing those documents after all.. :)

Ah thanks, its good to be over here at last!

I did have quite a mission with the police reports.. but after much research and another application this time to New Scotland Yard all was fine :D .. all at the interview went well although I was still half expecting to be denied.. :unsure:

I got my Visa on 14th October and left very early in the morning for the long trip down to Dublin on 8th November.. I arrived in Orlando the same day just in time for dinner. It’s hard to beat a nonstop flight! We were married on 19th November 2005… :yes: here in Central Florida

I’ll have to check back home and see if all is well again with the postmen! :hehe:

Filed N400 11/7/16

Check (CC) Cashed 11/10/16

Text/Email NOA 11/16/16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.