Grant PDX

Average processing time for CSC K-1 Philippines visas

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Folks, I get bored and I love to play with numbers so the timeline tables are my Nirvana as I await the CSC adjudicators. So I played around a bit with the info and thought I'd share a few interesting points (well, interesting to me, but I could be the only one).

I just did a quick sort on the timelines and looked at the last 50 posts sorted by NOA 2 dates, only for K-1 visas filed for Philippines beneficiaries going through CSC. Excluding all petitions that had RFEs noted, the most recent 10 assigned NOA2s were 145 days after NOA1, the next most recent 10 were 165, then 153 and finally 145. Average for the period was 151 days, exluding RFE'd petitions. Small sample size but they are going as fast now as they've gone in that period of time. The 9 RFE'd petitions during that time averaged 185 days. So it definitely pays to get a complete petition together before sending, as it seems to save, on average, about 3 1/2 weeks.

Another intresting point, that is likely skewed because of how information hits the tables, but interesting nonetheless, is that the last 50 NOA1s listed cover 4 1/2 months worth. The previous 50 cover only 2 1/2 months. So (although again there is some skew) it seems there are fewer going in now, which might indicate it COULD speed up since the pile may be shrinking? It seems I read somewhere that the petitions increase in the summer.... might be hope for winter filers.

Ok, interesting to me anyway. Cheers.

Couldn't agree with you more about having a complete and accurate petition. My CSC processing took 142 days. Hang in there and Good Luck.

01/12/2013: POE
02/14/2013: MARRIED ON VALENTINE'S DAY!
03/18/2013: AOS Sent via USPS Express Mail
03/28/2013: NOA - AOS, AP, EAD
04/25/2013: Biometrics

05/28/2013: RFEs for EADs and APs

06/17/2013: AOS Interviews. Approved

06/26/2013: Green Cards Received! (APs and EAD also received but not needed)

Removal of Conditions

===================================

03/25/2015: Mailed I-751

04/06/2015: NOA1

05/05/2015: Biometrics

07/27/2015: RFE

09/07/2015: RFE Response - Additional Evidence Sent

11/19/2015: Interview - APPROVED!

12/15/2016: Green Cards Issued!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for your research. I sent my K-1 application on Feb 1st, 2012.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.