Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

You are not required to call anybody in this process unless your case gets so messed up that you need help.**

NVC issues a letter to the petitioner that says they have forwarded the approved petition to London. It has the case number.

London issues a letter to the beneficiary saying they have the file and are ready for the beneficiary to apply for a visa. It has the case number.

**the fine print--For about a week now the embassy in London has given instruction to switchover to the electronic form DS-260 and provided a link to it. If you try to use it, it will ask for your case number and invoice ID number. The invoice ID number is something new for K1s and at this time is not routinely sent to them. The workaround that some have posted is ask NVC by phone for the number and they will provide it. So yes, at this time it appears the system is flawed and you may have to call NVC for your Invoice ID number.

Edit: Forgot to add. The embassy has posted on the immigrant visa instruction page that instead of an invoice ID number, the applicant should use their date of birth (YYYYMMDD). I don't know if any K1s have tried that, but I would give it a go if I were at this point and could try it. Any takers?

Excellent, you've made it really clear for me. Thank you :)

I'm hoping that by the time my NOA2 comes through, all this nonsense with the embassy side of things should be sorted out. However, a fair few July filers have had NOA2s already due to the TSC transfer so I might end up in the middle of things.

Either way I promise to report back with my findings.

Excellent, you've made it really clear for me. Thank you smile.png

I'm hoping that by the time my NOA2 comes through, all this nonsense with the embassy side of things should be sorted out. However, a fair few July filers have had NOA2s already due to the TSC transfer so I might end up in the middle of things.

Either way I promise to report back with my findings.

Would be nice if the May filers who only just got transferred this past two weeks didn't get screwed over. But that's the bureaucracy for you.

That said, I'll also test out the DOB method first once I'm at that stage. If that fails, I'll get the invoice number assuming at that point they aren't providing it in some other format.

Edited by Ryan&Amy

"What's yours is mine!"

Would be nice if the May filers who only just got transferred this past two weeks didn't get screwed over. But that's the bureaucracy for you.

That said, I'll also test out the DOB method first once I'm at that stage. If that fails, I'll get the invoice number assuming at that point they aren't providing it in some other format.

I sent emails to the embassy and NVC asking if by chance they had considered including that number in their letters or did they really want every K1 to to make a phone call to them. I asked the embassy to include it in their letter or at least clarify on the K1 instruction page how it was to be obtained. Those were sent early last week, so we'll see if either responds.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

That's strange that they are only just transferring May cases, ours were transferred a month after filing. I guess the vsc backlog is bigger than anticipated. AFAIK that's May, June and July all at tsc now, along with every vsc case being automatically sent to tsc since July 29th.

I'm sure they'll start working on the May files now. There haven't been as many approvals over in the July filers thread this week so that coincides with the transfer.

Nich-Nick: I need your kind advice
I initially filed I-129 in Jan.2013. It was VSC to TSC transfer & was approved in July 8, 2013. Received case number in Aug. 2. Fiance's medical appointment in London was Aug. 16 & all packet 3 along with DS-2001 sent to embassy in Aug. 21. Called DOS but they said they havent received packet 3 so resent everything again on Sept. 9 & explained the reason for resending in a cover letter. Finally logged forms on Sept. 12. My fiance's post work study visa is until Sept. 27. We were hoping that he could get interview & come to USA by that time. We also put september wedding date & mentioned about his visa too. Still waiting for interview. We have emailed the embassy couple of times, no response yet & he tried calling them but nobody is answering. We do not know what else to do. Please help. Thank you.

Nich-Nick: I need your kind advice

I initially filed I-129 in Jan.2013. It was VSC to TSC transfer & was approved in July 8, 2013. Received case number in Aug. 2. Fiance's medical appointment in London was Aug. 16 & all packet 3 along with DS-2001 sent to embassy in Aug. 21. Called DOS but they said they havent received packet 3 so resent everything again on Sept. 9 & explained the reason for resending in a cover letter. Finally logged forms on Sept. 12. My fiance's post work study visa is until Sept. 27. We were hoping that he could get interview & come to USA by that time. We also put september wedding date & mentioned about his visa too. Still waiting for interview. We have emailed the embassy couple of times, no response yet & he tried calling them but nobody is answering. We do not know what else to do. Please help. Thank you.

Could you put all that history into a VJ timeline? It helps people see where you are and with compiling statistics.

Ok let's see.

Forms sent 8/21 so maybe arrived 8/23?. For London, it would be normal for them to not open or log them until 9/20 (4 weeks) or longer. They were likely received, but just not opened yet.

Received case number 8/2. Do you mean the letter from London? If so, you delayed yourself 3 weeks by not having everything ready to mail back immediately. With a deadline like yours, it's too bad you delayed.

Unfortunately telling your deadline (9/27) so close to the deadline (they saw it 9/12) doesn't allow much wiggle room. There is a 5 day window (this week) when he could interview and hope to have the visa back by 9/27 even if there weren't all those courier issues happening. Maybe they just didn't have a place to squeeze him in. Did you tell them both times you sent forms about his deadline? I think you have tried everything you can to get their attention.

So what happens if his UK visa runs out before he gets the interview is your main question I think. I know this has happened before I just can't remember the cases enough to retell the stories.. One woman went home to Africa and was given permission to enter the UK as a tourist to complete her business at the US Embassy-London when the time came. I believe another had to request that the entire case be transferred from London to one of the consulates in India. The request has to be made by the (new) consulate directly to London, asking for jurisdiction over the case. You would have to sort that with the home country first so they do the request. It could delay months. I take it his country is not part of the EU where he could just pop back into the UK without a visa?

I guess what I don't know is the rules of the UK visa, not being British or ever having a visa to the UK. What if he just stays past 9/27? Do they come find home on 9/28? Are they that efficient? In the US, an overstay could go undetected for decades.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Hello Nich-Nick, sorry I am new to visa journey & still trying to navigate through in creating timeline & all. I got case number by calling DOS on 8/2 & as soon as we got LND number, he booked medical. He didn't get packet 3 letter from embassy until 08/15. We sent all the DS forms, readiness form on 8/21 thinking that his medical results will also have arrived at that time.

Yes, you have answered my main question here though. K1 visa was supposed to take about 6 months but now with all this transfers & some issues going on London embassy, waiting has been the only option. At this point, we are just tired of waiting & if he has to go back to home country Nepal, I think the process is gonna take even longer which we didnt want to happen. Its so frustrating.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Ok I sorted out the Police Cert Application and the photos in the process of making an appointment with my GP.

When can I expect to hear from my US Embassy about medical, interviews etc?

Edited by John & Jeanie

Ok I sorted out the Police Cert Application and the photos in the process of making an appointment with my GP.

Can you be a bit more vague???

Do you have your case number from NVC yet?

Have NVC received your petition from the service centre yet?

There is not enough info here to make an educated guess.

Why make an appt with your GP?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think he means for the GP to sign the form. My GP signed my police cert form.

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express

05/03/2013 received by Dallas-lock box

05/07/2013 NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2013 Alien number change a email from USCIS

07/29/2013 NOA2 Approval email from USCIS

08/03/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

08/16/2013 file sent to NVC

08/19/2013 Called DOS told NVC received file case number given.

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

08/28/2013 file ready according to CEAC website

08/30/2013 packet 3 sent with DS-2001

O9/05/2015 medical appointment

09/06/2013 packet 3 arrived in the mail.

09/10/2013 CEAC update medical result received by embassy

10/04/2013 CEAC update dos says waiting to give interview date

10/11/2013 packet 4 interview letter arrived

10/22/2013 interview at London embassy

10/22/2013 Approved the visa

10/29/2013 visa delivered

12/02/2013 POE In Atlanta Georgia

AOS

1/25/2014 AOS forms mailed

1/27/2014 arrived at PO Box Chicago lock box waiting to be picked up

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

2/2/2014. (day7) text message and email from USCIS for acceptance of all forms.

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/7/2014 (day11) noa1 hard copy arrived in the mail for I-485 I-131 I-765

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

2/18/2014 (day 22) biometrics successful walkin.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/7/2014 (72 days ) status change to card in production for EAD.

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

I see u got your NOA2 29 aug (congrats!).

You should expect a letter any day now from London telling you they have received your approved petition and that they need the forms to be sent to them

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Oh, mine had yellow too...but only on the DS 230 and only in the blank bits, perhaps I should fill it out again too?

Thank you CnP & AG!

This is my first time getting married.

I'll take my photo album with me then, can't hurt I spose. My office is walking distance to the Embassy so its not like I'd have to travel far with it...I might take some other items that we happen to have from the initial petition too, its just been lying around anyway!

Thanks for the info smile.png I really appreciate it!

p.s we also have a proposal pic, but I look so shocked (or surprised?) that the officer will probably laugh! We still cringe looking at it haha!

Oopps sorry only just seen this! In regards to the yellow box issue I did a search on the forums and the general advice is to reprint it in black and white (to avoid the yellowing issue) hence the copies im taking. I doubt it will be necessary though

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

This gives as good an idea as any of us can guess for you.

AOS // 12 months 3 days
April 13, 2014 NOA1 - April 16, 2015 Approved

April 27, 2015 Greencard received

K-1 // 8 months
Feb 22, 2013 NOA1 - Oct 23, 2013 London Interview
March 18, 2014 Married

Oopps sorry only just seen this! In regards to the yellow box issue I did a search on the forums and the general advice is to reprint it in black and white (to avoid the yellowing issue) hence the copies im taking. I doubt it will be necessary though

Mine came out yellow, I just wrote in the boxes, do not see why this should be an issue. have my interview next Monday 23 rd so they have logged the forms and said nothing.

Not taking copies either on the grounds that they have issued the interview so they must have them. Plus I do not have have copies.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.