Nich-Nick

London 2012- K1s from NOA2 to interview thread

2,468 posts in this topic

Thanks for all the congratulations - I've got to say it feels like such a huge weight off my shoulders after everything that happened with delays and transfers to Texas etc. Such a huge void of obscure processes miss-communication that makes this whole process so much harder than it needs to be. We filed our petition in November and I swear all the stress, uncertainty and waiting has aged me significantly. I really feel for anyone still waiting for interviews and anyone having to go through this in the future and hope that they can simplify it all in the future.

On a more positive note (sorry) the actual interview day was pretty straight forward for me and hopefully my account of the day might help someone else. I dropped my phone and ID card (door pass) off at Goulds Pharmacy which is about a hundred yards away from the embassy cost £3 and was very organized.

I completely empathize with Queen having to deal with the English girl outside as she was shouting that everyone had to have a D260 or they wouldn't be allowed in (panicking, I frantically went through my well organized folder looking for a form I knew I didn't have) only to be told when I got to the front that I didn't need it as I was emigrating! Bit of last minute stress and uncertainty before I went in, so thanks to her for that. Only other issue I had outside was that my trousers were rather loose and removing my belt in line could have potentially been rather amusing ;)

I got in and seated and think it was just before 10 (my appointment was scheduled 8:30) That I got called up to the Chinese lady who was very chatty and friendly although she kept talking quietly from time to time and I wasn't sure if I was missing something important. She took my Passport, birth certificate +copy, police certificate +copy Courier receipt and the i-134, gave me my fiance's tax returns and pay info back as she said they didn't need it. Then did the bio-metrics and then gave me the xray DVD in the opened envelope. I thought she said that was the envelope that I had to give to immigration on POE (although the second lady I spoke to said I could keep it?)

Got called up again about half an hour later and had a lovely chat with a nice young american lady :) She was very informal apart from the section where she asked me if what was written in the application is accurate and true where she severely eyeballed me and caught me off guard for a split second. Went through a few other bits of paperwork and then quite conversationally went through the following questions.

• When and where did we meet?
  • How did the relationship develop from there?
  • Where did I visit when I went to the U.S.
  • Did I meet her family?
  • Does she have any siblings?
  • Do they all live in Florida?

I responded quite conversationally and as such it flowed quite naturally and in total I think I was done in under 8-9 minutes. After confirming my travel plans and that I'd arranged the courier/collection She said "well that's all fine, your visa is approved" I stood there for a second and asked if that was it. She responded by saying that I could go and sit in the waiting area for as long as I liked as that was free :) so clearly had a good sense of humor.

I completely agree that there was distinct anticlimax to it after over 10 months of build up and was amazed at how little they asked for after I meticulously put together duplicates of virtually every document we've looked at together with additional evidence. but am so happy and over the moon that it''s all done with. We're getting married on the 11th October so It means I can travel over well before the wedding and really can't wait :)

Good luck to everyone waiting whether it's for NOA1, NOA2, Case Numbers, Medicals or interviews. It'll all be worth it in the end ;)

Rob

Do they all live in Florida?

I responded quite conversationally and as such it flowed quite naturally and in total I think I was done in under 8-9 minutes. After confirming my travel plans and that I'd arranged the courier/collection She said "well that's all fine, your visa is approved" I stood there for a second and asked if that was it. She responded by saying that I could go and sit in the waiting area for as long as I liked as that was free smile.png so clearly had a good sense of humor.

I completely agree that there was distinct anticlimax to it after over 10 months of build up and was amazed at how little they asked for after I meticulously put together duplicates of virtually every document we've looked at together with additional evidence. but am so happy and over the moon that it''s all done with. We're getting married on the 11th October so It means I can travel over well before the wedding and really can't wait smile.png

Good luck to everyone waiting whether it's for NOA1, NOA2, Case Numbers, Medicals or interviews. It'll all be worth it in the end wink.png

Rob

Lovely thanks for sharing :) Congrats again!

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Pleased to hear of approvals. Let me add a bit about the x-ray. Nobody in immigration will ever need it again, so enjoy it any way you choose. I really don't know why London always says "carry it in you hand luggage" as of it is presented to somebody.

Your x-ray is taken at Knightsbridge clinic. They know you won't be back as their patient so have no reason to keep an x-ray of you on file. They send everything they have on you to the embassy. The embassy doesn't need it. Your TB clearance is written on the medical forms. So they hand it back to you rather than discarding it.

At POE, the officer wants to see your documents which include the medical forms. The CBP officers aren't radiologists who look at x-rays for disease.

For AOS, the USCIS views your medical forms. They also aren't doctors who view x-rays. That's why they contract out to panel physicians and civil surgeons to make medical decisions on admissibility and fill in forms.

I suppose if you had a chest problem in the future, you could show your new family doctor what your lungs looked like in 2013. Or you could make a drink coaster out of it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Maybe get a printout of the x-ray and frame it? Could make some pretty cool wall art?

Also, unrelated, Interview technically tomorrow (5th), despite checking everything several times and constantly reading this site, I can't help but be nervous. I'm sure I know the exact process of what happens at the interview after reading so many of the reviews. Just feels weird to be at this stage.

K1 Timeline:

15th Feb 2013 - Mailed I-129F to CSC
21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Timeline

Thanks for all the congratulations - I've got to say it feels like such a huge weight off my shoulders after everything that happened with delays and transfers to Texas etc. Such a huge void of obscure processes miss-communication that makes this whole process so much harder than it needs to be. We filed our petition in November and I swear all the stress, uncertainty and waiting has aged me significantly. I really feel for anyone still waiting for interviews and anyone having to go through this in the future and hope that they can simplify it all in the future.

On a more positive note (sorry) the actual interview day was pretty straight forward for me and hopefully my account of the day might help someone else. I dropped my phone and ID card (door pass) off at Goulds Pharmacy which is about a hundred yards away from the embassy cost £3 and was very organized.

I completely empathize with Queen having to deal with the English girl outside as she was shouting that everyone had to have a D260 or they wouldn't be allowed in (panicking, I frantically went through my well organized folder looking for a form I knew I didn't have) only to be told when I got to the front that I didn't need it as I was emigrating! Bit of last minute stress and uncertainty before I went in, so thanks to her for that. Only other issue I had outside was that my trousers were rather loose and removing my belt in line could have potentially been rather amusing ;)

I got in and seated and think it was just before 10 (my appointment was scheduled 8:30) That I got called up to the Chinese lady who was very chatty and friendly although she kept talking quietly from time to time and I wasn't sure if I was missing something important. She took my Passport, birth certificate +copy, police certificate +copy Courier receipt and the i-134, gave me my fiance's tax returns and pay info back as she said they didn't need it. Then did the bio-metrics and then gave me the xray DVD in the opened envelope. I thought she said that was the envelope that I had to give to immigration on POE (although the second lady I spoke to said I could keep it?)

Got called up again about half an hour later and had a lovely chat with a nice young american lady :) She was very informal apart from the section where she asked me if what was written in the application is accurate and true where she severely eyeballed me and caught me off guard for a split second. Went through a few other bits of paperwork and then quite conversationally went through the following questions.

• When and where did we meet?
  • How did the relationship develop from there?
  • Where did I visit when I went to the U.S.
  • Did I meet her family?
  • Does she have any siblings?
  • Do they all live in Florida?

I responded quite conversationally and as such it flowed quite naturally and in total I think I was done in under 8-9 minutes. After confirming my travel plans and that I'd arranged the courier/collection She said "well that's all fine, your visa is approved" I stood there for a second and asked if that was it. She responded by saying that I could go and sit in the waiting area for as long as I liked as that was free :) so clearly had a good sense of humor.

I completely agree that there was distinct anticlimax to it after over 10 months of build up and was amazed at how little they asked for after I meticulously put together duplicates of virtually every document we've looked at together with additional evidence. but am so happy and over the moon that it''s all done with. We're getting married on the 11th October so It means I can travel over well before the wedding and really can't wait :)

Good luck to everyone waiting whether it's for NOA1, NOA2, Case Numbers, Medicals or interviews. It'll all be worth it in the end ;)

Rob

congratulations and thank you for sharing your experiance.

Maybe get a printout of the x-ray and frame it? Could make some pretty cool wall art?

Also, unrelated, Interview technically tomorrow (5th), despite checking everything several times and constantly reading this site, I can't help but be nervous. I'm sure I know the exact process of what happens at the interview after reading so many of the reviews. Just feels weird to be at this stage.

Wish you the best tomorrow. I have my medical tomorrow so know how you feel am kind of nervous right now lol.i probably won't sleep a wink tonight.

05/02/2013 I-129f sent via USPS express

05/03/2013 received by Dallas-lock box

05/07/2013 NOA1 hard copy

05/13/2013 Alien number change a email from USCIS

07/29/2013 NOA2 Approval email from USCIS

08/03/2013 NOA2 Hard Copy Recieved

08/16/2013 file sent to NVC

08/19/2013 Called DOS told NVC received file case number given.

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

08/28/2013 file ready according to CEAC website

08/30/2013 packet 3 sent with DS-2001

O9/05/2015 medical appointment

09/06/2013 packet 3 arrived in the mail.

09/10/2013 CEAC update medical result received by embassy

10/04/2013 CEAC update dos says waiting to give interview date

10/11/2013 packet 4 interview letter arrived

10/22/2013 interview at London embassy

10/22/2013 Approved the visa

10/29/2013 visa delivered

12/02/2013 POE In Atlanta Georgia

AOS

1/25/2014 AOS forms mailed

1/27/2014 arrived at PO Box Chicago lock box waiting to be picked up

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

2/2/2014. (day7) text message and email from USCIS for acceptance of all forms.

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/7/2014 (day11) noa1 hard copy arrived in the mail for I-485 I-131 I-765

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

2/18/2014 (day 22) biometrics successful walkin.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/7/2014 (72 days ) status change to card in production for EAD.

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline

All the best in your interview tomorrow!!!

event.png

event.png

15-02-2013 - we sent in our I-129F petition

27-02-2013 - received our NOA1

25-07-2013 - Rrecieved our NOA2

20-08-2013 - our case arrived at NVC

10-09-2013 - Medical booked biggrin.png

Good Luck tomorrow :) You'll be fine.

Good luck! I know what u mean about it feeling weird to be at this stage, feels like its all come so quick since NOA2

Our Story AoS
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand

Timeline

Still didn't receive packet 3 so I called dos now and they said packet 3 has not been sent out yet. They did however receive the packet 3 I sent them and have logged it on today and I will be getting a letter in a week or so with a interview date. She went as far as to say good for you for not waiting lol. So thanks guys for the advice to send the forms in otherwise I would still be waiting.

Also update on Dos number for anyone wanting to contact them. From the 6th September Dos number has changed to 2024857600

08/21/2013 file in transit to London embassy as stated on CEAC website also spoke to DOS to confirm

AOS

1/27/2014 (day1)AOS received by USCIS according to USPS online mail tracker signed for by R MERCADO

1/31/2014 I-485 accepted receipt number and hard copy has been sent. Processed at National Benefits Centre.

1/28/2014 I-131 application for travel documents in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent

1/28/2014 I-765 application for employment authorization in initial review receipt number given and hard copy has been sent.

2/14/2014 (day18) biometric appt letter arrived in the mail. Appt schedualled for 2/26/2014 11.00am.

4/01/2014 faxed expedite supporting documents to number on letter sent to me. Waiting waiting waiting

4/03/2014 (68 days) EAD and AP approved text message sent status post decision. Hooray !!!

4/10/2014 ( 75 days) status changed after calling uscis regarding urgency of EAD. Also usps tracking number at 20.580pm

Still didn't receive packet 3 so I called dos now and they said packet 3 has not been sent out yet. They did however receive the packet 3 I sent them and have logged it on today and I will be getting a letter in a week or so with a interview date. She went as far as to say good for you for not waiting lol. So thanks guys for the advice to send the forms in otherwise I would still be waiting.

Also update on Dos number for anyone wanting to contact them. From the 6th September Dos number has changed to 2024857600

The letter with your interview date will be packet 4 that probably wont come for a little while yet until they have sent your packet 3 :)

Hope your medical goes well tomorrow best of luck!

Our Story AoS

K1

[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)

Timeline

The letter with your interview date will be packet 4 that probably wont come for a little while yet until they have sent your packet 3 :)

Hope your medical goes well tomorrow best of luck!

Hi Azsara

Thanks. I plan to get up and walk there it's not too far from where I live.

I called DoS today they have not sent it out yet. But they received the packet 3 I sent them they said. It was also updated on CEAC website today.

So typically how long did it take to get your interview letter once they received your packet 3?

AOS

Hi Azsara

Thanks. I plan to get up and walk there it's not too far from where I live.

I called DoS today they have not sent it out yet. But they received the packet 3 I sent them they said. It was also updated on CEAC website today.

So typically how long did it take to get your interview letter once they received your packet 3?

It took about 19 days for them to send me my interview letter from the day they signed for my packet 3 so just under 3 weeks x

Our Story AoS

K1

[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)

In response to the couple of posts asking me what he asked, I can't remember all of 'em but here are some, they were pretty standard questions and the conversation didn't flow at all so it felt very formal - So, start by telling me about Chris. Where is he from? Has he/me ever been married before? What high school did he go to? What did he study at college? How did you meet? When did you first meet in person? So the relationship started from then? What does he do for a living? Why is he unemployed? How do you intend to support yourself in the US? *Asks to my fiance* Chris, is your mom employed or on social security? Have you lived with her your entire life? Is she supportive of you/comfortable being a co-sponsor as sometimes those situations can be awkward? What job did Chris used to do? What type of work do you intend to look for in the US? He asked my fiance again where he comes from, and asked if he would go into retail again. They all sort of just carried on, can't remember the rest.

There were a lot of 'em. But we got through it. Our CEAC updated yesterday and updated again today with a new "Case Creation date" and still says "Ready", yet the text underneath mentions "If you've already had your interview, check your status again in 2 business days". So I'll be doing that. My fiance will be picking up my stuff when DX deliver it and I put "Care of : Chris _____ " when I booked the delivery online, and I'll be writing a signed letter and giving him my ID so he'll be able to collect it when they deliver it, which the DX website asks for if someone else is collecting your passport. So hopefully all shall be well from here on out.

Edited by QueenOfBlades

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Timeline

It took about 19 days for them to send me my interview letter from the day they signed for my packet 3 so just under 3 weeks x

Thanks for letting me know. I know now not to stalk the post man next week lol.

AOS

Timeline

In response to the couple of posts asking me what he asked, I can't remember all of 'em but here are some, they were pretty standard questions and the conversation didn't flow at all so it felt very formal - So, start by telling me about Chris. Where is he from? Has he/me ever been married before? What high school did he go to? What did he study at college? How did you meet? When did you first meet in person? So the relationship started from then? What does he do for a living? Why is he unemployed? How do you intend to support yourself in the US? *Asks to my fiance* Chris, is your mom employed or on social security? Have you lived with her your entire life? Is she supportive of you/comfortable being a co-sponsor as sometimes those situations can be awkward? What job did Chris used to do? What type of work do you intend to look for in the US? He asked my fiance again where he comes from, and asked if he would go into retail again. They all sort of just carried on, can't remember the rest.

There were a lot of 'em. But we got through it. Our CEAC updated yesterday and updated again today with a new "Case Creation date" and still says "Ready", yet the text underneath mentions "If you've already had your interview, check your status again in 2 business days". So I'll be doing that. My fiance will be picking up my stuff when DX deliver it and I put "Care of : Chris _____ " when I booked the delivery online, and I'll be writing a signed letter and giving him my ID so he'll be able to collect it when they deliver it, which the DX website asks for if someone else is collecting your passport. So hopefully all shall be well from here on out.

Thank you for the update. Sounds like you got a real grilling. But you got through it that's the main thing. Congrats again. When do you plan to fly out?

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.