wynterstail

so how the heck are there so many yardies here?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Some of the members met on another site for geared towards Jamaicans and were invited here. I just "googled" my way here to VJ and found my way to the yardies thread. It's a great source of info isn't it? I for one am so grateful for finding it as I have not only learned so much about the imimigration process but also about the culture.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A couple of my friends told me about VJ, but I never really came on here...then Hubby discovered it, and he was a lurker...but he was getting good info, so I came and checked it out

12/03/2005: Married

10/13/2006: Interview Approved

10/26/2006: POE: EWR (ARRIVED) [/size]

182 days from filing to Visa in Hand!!![/color]

AOS/EAD

01/22/2007: Sent to The Lockbox.....let the games begin.....again

02/02/2007: NOA1's for both....the waiting game officially begins

02/15/2007: Biometrics appt.

04/11/2007: EAD APPROVED!! YI-HAW

04/21/2007: Received SSN#

05/23/2007: AOS Interview -------> APPROOOOOOVED!!!!!!

05/29/2007: Received Welcome letter

06/04/2007: Green Card in Hand!!!

122 Days from filing AOS to Green Card in Hand!!!

REMOVING CONDITIONS

05/21/2009: Filed to Remove Conditions

6/18/2009: Biometrics Done

09/14/2009: Approved!!!

Citizenship

2/15/2011: Filed N-400

3/28/2011: Biometrics <-- Done

5/09/2011: Naturalization Interview <--- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5/09/2011: Swearing in Ceremony (We're Done)

MY HUSBAND IS NOW A US CITIZEN

Proudmomwife.gifI_love_my_baby_boy.gif

3051_1113026182751_1139795553_30500807_687968_s.jpgZackie.jpgthumb_3051_1113025702739_1139795553_30500806_7039703_s.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I meant, how did so mnay west indians get into the US? It seems like such a nightmare just for this k1 or k3 visa. Things must have changed significant after 9/11.

Some of the members met on another site for geared towards Jamaicans and were invited here. I just "googled" my way here to VJ and found my way to the yardies thread. It's a great source of info isn't it? I for one am so grateful for finding it as I have not only learned so much about the imimigration process but also about the culture.

I meant, how did so mnay west indians get into the US? It seems like such a nightmare just for this k1 or k3 visa. Things must have changed significant after 9/11.

Most of the West Indians that I know got here the same way as they always have in the past either a fiance/spousal based visa or through family based immigration-one family member sponsoring another and then they sponsor other members and so on. I know a few that have come here to work seasonally in CT they come here to pick apples and I recently found out that they also have a few tobacco farms that they also work in, some find wives here and eventually come here permanently. Of course there are some that had visitors visas and have overstayed but I know a couple who have, since 9/11, worked with attorneys to legalize their living here. One Bajan I know spent several thousands of dollars doing it; but he finally got his green card.

One of my good friends at work got here through his father; here's how it went: His dad worked here on the waiter program; married an American; adjusted status; filed for my friend-my friend later filed for his daughter-then his mother-his mom filed for another one of her sons and so on.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

They are not closing the door on us....yet. :D

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Timeline

I was on the phone with my assemblywoman's office in D.C. this morning, talking with the immigration"expert, a nice girl, who said if anyone's thinking of filing, file NOW--things are only going to get worse. (Some encouragement, huh?)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I was on the phone with my assemblywoman's office in D.C. this morning, talking with the immigration"expert, a nice girl, who said if anyone's thinking of filing, file NOW--things are only going to get worse. (Some encouragement, huh?)

Did she say how things will get worse? I'm just curious.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

:unsure: whatever do you mean?

Timeline

well actually i think the k1 is the best thing immigration has ever done.

JULY 2005 - WE MET

APRIL 25, 2006- I29F SENT

MAY 5, 2006 - RFE RECEIVED

AUG 3, 2006 - RFE2 RECEIVED

AUG 8, 2006 - SENT RFE BACK TO NVC

SEPT 29, 2006 - NOA 2 RECEIVED (APPROVED)

SEPT 2006 - WAITING FOR NEXT STEP

OCT 24, 2006- STILL WAITING.............

C'MON YOU GUYS, A CHRISTMAS INTERVIEW WOULD BE NICE.....

NOV 1, 2006 - SEAN RECEIVED PACKET #3 (THANK GOD FOR MAIL...EVEN SNAIL MAIL)

NOV 15 2006- PREPARING TO TURN IN DS230 IN KINGSTON

JAN 18, 2007 TURNED IN DS230

TOLD TO EXPECT MAIL IN MARCH.

FEB 20, 2007 RECEIVED MAIL OF

MARCH 27,2007 INTERVIEW DATE

APR 27, 2007 BRING IN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT

(PRAY THAT HE IS APPROVED)

HE WAS GIVEN INCORRECT DATE!!!!!

MAY 15, 2007 HOPEFULLY THIS IS FINAL APPROVAL

WE HAVE BEEN APPROVED

JUNE 17 2007 FINALLY RECEIVED VISA

AUGUST 3, 2007 FLEW INTO JFK NY

AINT LONG AS IT HAS BEEN.....

STILL SAVING MONEY UP TO FILE AOS.

Timeline

Yep....lots of WI folks migrated before 9/11....It was much easier and faster to do the K1 or K3 before they had a K1!!!!!

I am just happy they have a system that works...this process will definetly weed out the fakes and scammers...the stress alone is hard on any relationship and once they arrive in the US, they have to be in love and committed or the true colors adventually come out!!!

CHECK OUT OUR WEBSITE: www.embassyart.homestead.com

SEE K-1 TIME LINE IN MY PROFILE

.....INTERVIEW JULY 10, 2006-APPROVED

07/19/06-Duane flew home to the USA-FINALLY!!!!!!!

08/17/06-DUANE AND KIM GOT MARRIED

PART 2 BEGINS

09/20/06- EAD/AOS Mailed to Chicago Today..........Here we go again!!!

10/13/06- Biometric appointment-San Francisco

12/07/06- AOS Interview-San Francisco

CAUGHT IN FBI NAME CHECK DELAY

04/23/07-Received AOS Approval E-Mail

04/25/07-Received CARD Production E-mail

WAITING FOR GREEN CARD TO ARRIVE.......

Timeline

She said that because there have been so many bizarre plols to smuggle in "terrorists" (as Tibetan monks, etc) that Homeland Security has incredible power and very little control from anyone.

quote name='Mew' date='Oct 2 2006, 03:35 PM' post='483655']

Did she say how things will get worse? I'm just curious.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.