jon&cess

RN work - San Jose, California

9 posts in this topic

Hello everybody! I am hoping that someone here can help me on finding a RN job. For starters, I am a BSN 2009 graduate from the Philippines. I took and passed the Philippine Nursing Licensure Examination June 2009. Trained and acquired an IV therapist license September 2009. Applied for and passed the California NCLEX-RN exam March 2010 when I was still single and residing in the Philippines. I am on a CR1 visa, arrived here in the US January 18th of this year and just last monday, I received my US SSN via mail. :) Yesterday, I sent to the California BRN a packet containing the following : the letter stating my NCLEX-RN exam passing with the SSN form below, a completed Applicant's Name/ Address Changes form, a photocopy of my birth certificate, a photocopy of my marriage certificate and a scanned copy of my passport's biographic page. My US SSN was the only lacking requirement needed to issue my permanent RN license. Hopefully, by next week, I'll have my RN license on hand. :dance:

Are there any VJ members here who can help me find RN work, preferably San Jose area and surrounding cities? I have a 6months Volunteer Nurse work (all areas covered) at a tertiary provincial public hospital dated September 2009 - February 2010 and a 3months Staff Ward Nurse work at a tertiary private hospital dated January 2011 - March 2011 when I was still in the Philippines. Both jobs have certifications.

I am not picky. I just really wanted to work, practice my profession and pursue my american dream with my hubby! Thank you in advance.

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everybody! I am hoping that someone here can help me on finding a RN job. For starters, I am a BSN 2009 graduate from the Philippines. I took and passed the Philippine Nursing Licensure Examination June 2009. Trained and acquired an IV therapist license September 2009. Applied for and passed the California NCLEX-RN exam March 2010 when I was still single and residing in the Philippines. I am on a CR1 visa, arrived here in the US January 18th of this year and just last monday, I received my US SSN via mail. :) Yesterday, I sent to the California BRN a packet containing the following : the letter stating my NCLEX-RN exam passing with the SSN form below, a completed Applicant's Name/ Address Changes form, a photocopy of my birth certificate, a photocopy of my marriage certificate and a scanned copy of my passport's biographic page. My US SSN was the only lacking requirement needed to issue my permanent RN license. Hopefully, by next week, I'll have my RN license on hand. :dance:

Are there any VJ members here who can help me find RN work, preferably San Jose area and surrounding cities? I have a 6months Volunteer Nurse work (all areas covered) at a tertiary provincial public hospital dated September 2009 - February 2010 and a 3months Staff Ward Nurse work at a tertiary private hospital dated January 2011 - March 2011 when I was still in the Philippines. Both jobs have certifications.

I am not picky. I just really wanted to work, practice my profession and pursue my american dream with my hubby! Thank you in advance.

Hi welcome, wow cool someone from the Bay Area..LOL.. You sound like my cousin who also took her NCLEX in August of 2010! She was lucky in finding a husband before returning to Phil. Unfortunately she has not been so lucky in landing a full time RN position even with the help of my Sister and Aunt who both work as RN at Washington hospital in Fremont and Valley Care in Livermore! Both places are nearby San Jose, you can try applying there and good luck..

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Cess, as you pursue a full time position as an RN, also consider looking into working through a staffing agency. It might be worth investigating the requirements of working as a nurse through an agency, even if there are no benefits provided with such a position.

Good luck with your search for a full time RN position.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

With your sort of experience, you might have luck finding a job in long-term-care (LTC) or skilled nursing (SNF) or maybe in a LTAC.

Have you posted on allnurses.com yet? They might have better local experience.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

The Bay Area is horrible for trying to get a job right now, especially as you would probably be considered a new grad. Is it possible for you and the husband to move? I have friends have been looking for 2+ years with nothing...

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Hi welcome, wow cool someone from the Bay Area..LOL.. You sound like my cousin who also took her NCLEX in August of 2010! She was lucky in finding a husband before returning to Phil. Unfortunately she has not been so lucky in landing a full time RN position even with the help of my Sister and Aunt who both work as RN at Washington hospital in Fremont and Valley Care in Livermore! Both places are nearby San Jose, you can try applying there and good luck..

Hi CristiFur! Thanks for the warm welcome and quick response to my private message. I'm gonna try applying until someone hires me! LOL :lol:

Cess, as you pursue a full time position as an RN, also consider looking into working through a staffing agency. It might be worth investigating the requirements of working as a nurse through an agency, even if there are no benefits provided with such a position.

Good luck with your search for a full time RN position.

I'll check on that Leatherneck. I'm still currently waiting for my permanent RN license. The California BRN just received the packet I've sent them. They advised me to wait for about 4-6weeks for license processing. :thumbs:

With your sort of experience, you might have luck finding a job in long-term-care (LTC) or skilled nursing (SNF) or maybe in a LTAC.

Have you posted on allnurses.com yet? They might have better local experience.

Hello HannahP! I haven't been on that site. I'll try posting there and keep you posted on the developments & progress of my job hunting here. Hehe! Thank you :star:

The Bay Area is horrible for trying to get a job right now, especially as you would probably be considered a new grad. Is it possible for you and the husband to move? I have friends have been looking for 2+ years with nothing...

Unfortunately, we can't afford to move in a different place as of now. Is your friend also a RN?

USCIS

04/11/2011 : I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

04/13/2011 : I-130 received/Priority date

07/13/2011 : RFE for G325A (beneficiary)

07/28/2011 : I-130 approved :)

Your I-130 was approved in 106 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

08/08/2011 : NVC received case from USCIS

09/08/2011 : NVC assigned case number

09/09/2011 : Paid AOS bill

09/14/2011 : Paid IV bill

09/22/2011 : Submitted AOS and IV packets via USPS Priority Mail

09/26/2011 : NVC received AOS and IV packets

10/03/2011 : checklist cover letter #4 - AOS line 25 being questioned

10/11/2011 : Response to RFE sent via USPS Priority Mail

10/11/2011 : checklist cover letter #5 - IV application OK! :) -NVC still waiting for RFE response

10/13/2011 : NVC received RFE reponse and now, we WAIT! :D

10/24/2011 : CASE COMPLETED! Thank you LORD! :D

11/02/2011 : Interview date confirmed via operator! <3

11/03/2011 : Interview appointment email received!

Your interview took 240 days from your I-130 NOA1 date.

US EMBASSY MANILA

11/16/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 1

11/17/2011 : Medical Exam - SLEC DAY 2 : PASSED! :D

12/09/2011 : Interview @ USEM Manila : APPROVED

12/16/2011 : Visa on hand! <3

USA

01/18/2012 : POE @ SFO

02/10/2012 : Green card received

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good luck with finding a position. I did not know the labor market was that tight for RN's in the Bay Area.

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is a registered nurse as well. She mostly specializes as a Private Duty Nurse...

I live in a military town with a few military bases surrounding me. If anyone is familiar with Camp Lejeune in North Carolina.

I think that she will have an easy time finding work here. They have doctor offices here like they have starbucks in Seattle.

Now she is certified in Philippines for her job but what about when she gets here. What does she have to do and need o start working as a full time nurse?

USCIS

28 JUL 11 SENT I129F PACKAGE

04 AUG 11 NOA 1 RECEIVED

05 AUG 11 NOA 1 NOTICE DATE

07 AUG 11 CHECK CASHED $340 *OUCH*

14 AUG 11 RECEIVED RETURN RECEIPT FROM USPS

09 DEC 11 RECEIVED NOA 2

19 DEC 11 LETTER FROM NVC STATING THE PETITION WILL BE FORWARDED TO MANILA

127 DAYS BETWEEN NOA 1 & NOA 2.

MANILA EMBASSY

13 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 SINGLE LETTER (QUENNY)

27 JAN 12 RECEIVED PACKET 3 COPY TO ME HERE IN STATES

29 JAN 12 SENT MONEY $350 FOR VISA APPLICATION

30 JAN 12 MADE VISA APPOINTMENT

06 FEB 12 SENT PAPERS FOR VISA INTERVIEW (4.2lbs Through DHL, $140)

09 FEB 12 SENT MONEY FOR INTERVIEW & SEMINAR

13 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 1

14 FEB 12 MEDICAL PROCESS DAY 2

05 MAR 12 VISA INTERVIEW AT MANILA, PHILIPPINES

Now she is certified in Philippines for her job but what about when she gets here. What does she have to do and need o start working as a full time nurse?

Quite a few things, actually. She should probably look these up on her own or at least have you look them up.

we met: 07-22-01

engaged: 08-03-06

I-129 sent: 01-07-07

NOA2 approved: 04-02-07

packet 3 sent: 05-31-07

interview date: 06-25-07 - approved!

marriage: 07-23-07

AOS sent: 08-10-07

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 09-14-07

AOS approved: 11-19-07

green card received: 11-26-07

lifting of conditions filed: 10-29-09

NOA received: 11-09-09

lifting of conditions approved: 12-11-09

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.