dirtpile

Montrael March Interviews

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I missed the cutoff for the 1st/2nd week scheduling for Feb by having my cases approved Jan 11.

Hoping that this week or next we get early March interviews.

Anyone know if they consider this week the first week of Feb? Or is it next week? Or better yet has anyone been scheduled in Feb for March for IR1 interview in Montreal?

Thanks.

I missed the cutoff for the 1st/2nd week scheduling for Feb by having my cases approved Jan 11.

Anyone know if they consider this week the first week of Feb? Or is it next week? Or better yet has anyone been scheduled in Feb for March for IR1 interview in Montreal?

Thanks.

Please disregard whatever you've heard from the operators about only scheduling during the second week of each month. They schedule ALL month long! Doesn't matter when you got your CC. You can expect an interview date anytime. If you want proof, look at my own signature. I was scheduled during the FOURTH week. And there are many, many others like me if you look through the forums.

Our case was complete on Jan. 25th, and I'm hoping for a March interview...but if you haven't gotten one yet, then maybe we're out of luck for March. :unsure:

EDIT: Searched the timelines for people with interviews in Montreal in Feb or March, and there are only three: one lists Beijing as their consulate, so not sure why that came up; another lists their case complete date as Nov. 9, but they had to reschedule their interview, and the last has case complete Jan. 10 --> interview date Feb. 10.

Edited by alizon

Expanding the search to January interviews, it looks like there's an average of about 4-6 weeks between case complete and interview, but so many people list their "case complete" and "left NVC" as the same date, I'm wondering how accurate those timelines really are.

Expanding the search to January interviews, it looks like there's an average of about 4-6 weeks between case complete and interview, but so many people list their "case complete" and "left NVC" as the same date, I'm wondering how accurate those timelines really are.

When I was doing my research on Canadian times while in NVC, I found people's personal signatures better/more accurate than timelines.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks.

I missed the cut off for October '11 and called every day starting the first of Nov '11 and ended up finding out my interview was scheduled Dec. 7. The operator confirmed on Nov.4. The email was sent 2 days later. I do believe they schedule the first 2 weeks for the following month.

Congrats on the interview date. We heard yesterday as well. March 2nd here we come!!!

Grats on getting the date!

Congrats on the interview date. We heard yesterday as well. March 2nd here we come!!!

Congrats to you too! I guess that "only scheduling during the first and second week" thing really isn't true.

Just bought my tickets to Montreal to be with my husband for the interview!

Congrats to you too! I guess that "only scheduling during the first and second week" thing really isn't true.

Just bought my tickets to Montreal to be with my husband for the interview!

I keep telling everyone this for a reason ;)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

just to be clear. i, as the usc, don't need to be in montreal with my wife and 2 boys correct? perfectly fine if they show up with all the docs and do the interview adn then join me in the u.s.?

just want to be 100% sure. :)

thanks saylin for all the help - you've answered other posts and i used your guide quite a bit throughout the process. glad it's almost over. :)

just to be clear. i, as the usc, don't need to be in montreal with my wife and 2 boys correct? perfectly fine if they show up with all the docs and do the interview adn then join me in the u.s.?

just want to be 100% sure. :)

thanks saylin for all the help - you've answered other posts and i used your guide quite a bit throughout the process. glad it's almost over. :)

Nope, the petitioner does NOT have to be at the interview for Montreal. I went to the interview all by myself and was perfectly fine. Nervous as hell, but fine laughing.gif Wasn't even asked why my husband wasn't there or anything, so your wife doesn't have to worry about that.

And you're very welcome. I'm so happy to help others get through this process. Brings me joy ^_^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.